Chapter 21

I quietly snuck out of my room and slowly opened Max's door. Since it was around 3am, I knew he would be dead asleep. I bit my lip in worry as I shuffled over to the side of his bed. In the dim light coming from outside, I could see him peacefully sleeping.

I kneeled down on the floor next to him and lightly tapped his arm.

"Max," I called softly. I heard his breathing catch, but quickly go back to its slow rhythm. "Max." I shook him just a little harder.

He groaned lightly and slowly opened his eyes.

"Alyssa? Whats wrong?" He asked in a low, half-asleep voice. I bit my lip as I felt overwhelmingly nervous. I felt as if I would cry any second.

"Umm, I have something really important to tell you..."

"Okay..."

"And I think you might hate me if I tell you..." my voice slightly quivered. Max sensed something wrong and sat up.

"Hey, come up here." He said. I nodded and stood up. I climbed into the other side of his bed and laid down. He moved in close to me and pulled me to him. I laid next to him with my head resting on his shoulder.

As I felt his warmth around me, I felt even worse and I started to cry.

"Woah, what's wrong Alyssa." I just cried and shook my head. I sat up in the bed and Max followed suit.

"You're going to hate me and you won't love me anymore." I sobbed. Max looked flustered and rubbed my back.

"No I won't. Thats not true. Just tell me okay?"

"I'm preagnent." I sobbed, "I'm sorry."

"Okay, okay. Hold on okay?" He said. I nodded and tried to controlled my crying as best I could. He held my face in his hands and looked me in the eyes. "Alyssa, this is not the end of the world."

"B-but y-y-you're going to get in trouble and-" I started, but was cut off.

"No, listen, everything will be okay. Plus, I already knew." He said. My eyes widened.

"How?"

"Did you really think they would wait for you to wake up to give you treatment at the hospital? They asked me first, and I found out then." He explained. I processed what he said and sat in thought.

"It really freaked me out at first, but I realized that this is my fault, and we can work it out," He said.

"But, before I even got sick, you thought I slept with Adrian... how did you know it was you?" I asked. He sadly smiled and looked down.

"I really need to apologize for that. I was a complete mess, but you said it yourself. It was about who I thought you were, not Isabella... and I know you wouldn't ever..." he trailed off.

I looked him in the eyes and leaned close to him. I closed my eyes as our foreheads touched. 

"I miss you," I whispered. He laughed lightly.

"What do you mean?" He asked. I shrugged.

"I don't know. It's just that, even though we were only a hallway apart, it felt like worlds apart. I didn't know how to..... reach out to you." I whispered. I opened my eyes to see Max's sea blue ones looking right at me.

He reached out and put a hand on my cheek.

"You shouldn't ever miss me, because no matter what you do, I won't leave your side. It's a little too late for that, because it's the only place I want to be."

He leaned in slowly until our lips met and he kissed me softly and unsurely. I slowly relaxed and kissed him back, giving him slightly more confidence.

For just a while, I forgot about the big mess ahead of us, but it didnt last long. I pulled back slowly and opened my eyes.

"I have to go. Things are already getting bad. You don't need me to make them worse," I whispered as I began to get up. As I did, Max quickly reached out and grabbed my hand.

"Don't," he said. I looked at him in question.

"Don't what?" I asked.

"Don't keep running away when things get hard. Even if you're doing it for me. Just stay here the night," he said.

"But in the morning-" I got cut off mid sentence.

"Stop worrying about that and come here," he stated firmly. I looked into his tired eyes and caved in.

"Okay," I agreed as I crawled back into my spot.

He once again pulled me to him and I snuggled my face into his chest, easily falling asleep.

A/N: I admit that it is short, but I really wanted to get it out and more is coming soon so don't be too mean.