Chapter 15

Max and I finished eating our brunch and threw the trash in an empty box. I laid back in the bed and put in my earbuds as Max looked through stuff. I sighed and I scrolled through my playlist until I decided to just put it on shuffle. Soft music started playing in my ears and I relaxed into my pillow.

I felt the bed shift again and I opened my eyes to see Max right above me. My eyes widened and I blushed.

"What are you doing?" I asked nervously. Max smirked and gave me a wink.

"Nothing. Just watching you," he replied. I looked away and said nothing. Right as Max said that, the sound of the door unlocking rang out. Max's eyes went wide and he quickly rolled away from me. I sat up and began fixing everything around me.

The door swung open and two guards ran in along with the King, Queen, and the rest of the party.

"Are you two okay?" The King asked. Max and I looked at each other from opposite sides of the room and quickly averted our eyes.

"Yes. We're fine." Max replied. "How did you guys get here?"

"Fortunately, everything was resolved quickly. For now, everything is good." The King replied. I sighed and met eyes with Isabella. She looked mad and suspicious as she looked around. I stood up and gave them all a smile.

"That's good to hear," I said. I walked over to the group as we began to leave. I suppose that because of the commoton, no one noticed mine, and Max's appearance. I hurried to my room ahead of everyone else and quickly shut the door. I sighed and made my way towards my bed and plopped down on it.

All I could think about was the night before and it drove me insane. I just had to make sure no one finds out about it, because I can only imagine the amount of trouble it'll bring me.

As soon as I felt more relaxed, there was a knock at my door. I had barely stood up off my bed before Isabella burst into my room.

"Woah Isabella. You'll break the door if you open it that fast," I commented, but it seemed like she wasn't in the mood.

"What happened between you and Max yesterday?" She interrogated. My eyes widened and my jaw dropped.

"Nothing really. We just sort of talked," I replied. She continued over and stopped when she was right infront of me.

"It better be nothing, because you know how important Max is to me," she said. I was about to automatically respond that she was right, before I remember that I had to tell her at some point.

"Max is important to you? Don't you mean his looks and his money are important to you?" I asked. Isabella gave me a plain look.

"What are you trying to say?"

"Do you even know what Max likes to do? What he's passionate about? What he's good at?" I continued.

"He likes to be with me, passionate about me, and is good at kissing. Way better than the guys at school, that for sure." She replied. I groaned as he continued to miss the point.

"See? That's the thing, you don't know him, so don't say he's important to you," I said, as I got more upset.

"He's important to me for the goal I want to reach in life. He's my standard. What's with you anyway, you never questioned it before, not even with previous guys."

"That's because I didn't like the previous guys or want to be with them," I commented. Isabella froze infront of me and slowly gave me a glare.

"What was that?" She scoffed. I quickly shut my mouth and bit my toungue. I meant to tell her, but not like that.

"Isabella look-" i started before she interrupted.

"Don't 'Isabella look' me. I called dibs okay? Alyssa don't you dare get in my way, or you'll be sorry. Being my little sister or not, if you're going for Max, you're just more competition I can easily beat. Do you really think it's the first time I had to fight and win over a guy? Enough. Sorry to tell you this though, but compared to me, you aren't much competition," she finished and stalked out of my room. I just stared after her in shock.

I knew she wouldn't be happy about me going for Max, but I hadn't expected the decleration of war.

I sighed as another problem arose and sat back down in my bed. Yet again, there was another knock at my door. I stood up and opened it to see Kelsey and Stacey on the other side. As soon as I saw them I let out a sigh of relief.

"I'm so glad you guys are okay," I said. They walked in and gave a small bow.

"We can say the same to you. Is everything all right? You seem a bit pale. Stacey, go draw a bath right away." Kelsey order. Stacey nodded and began towards the bathroom.

"I'm fine. I guess it's just been a long two days." I responded. Kelsey nodded.

"I completely understand. Now let's go freshen you up."

~~~~~~~

After everything was done, I laid on my bed and tryed to relax a bit more. I was doing alot better after Stacey and Kelsey came.

I was under my covers ready to go to sleep when thet was yet again another knock on my door. I groaned loudly as I got up to open the door. I opened it and glared out at the person outside.

My eyes widened as they met with the ocean blue eyes of Max. He was leaning on the door frame with a smirk.

"Wow. It really sounded like you were excited to see me when I knocked," he said with a laugh. I rolled my even though I was blushing.

"Whatever. Are you coming in?" I asked. He quickly scoped the hallways and came in. I closed the door behind him and walked to my bed.

"So what's up? I was about to go to bed," I asked as I sat back down. Max gave no warning as he walked up to me, leaned down, and gave me a kiss. I felt him smile and he pulled away.

"Can't I come to see you just because I missed you?" He asked. The way he said it made me blush and I looked away.

"I guess." I responded quietly. "I told Isabella."

"What exactly did you tell Isabella?" he asked me light heartedly as he sat down next me and wraped his arms around me.

"About me not letting her just have you," I replied and rested my head on his shoulder.

"Good. I really don't want you to let her have me. Try your very hardest. Maybe you can beat her," he joked. I looked up at him and smacked him on the chest.

"Don't joke around. She was really upset," I replied. Max's face inched towards mine and stopped centimeters away from mine. I could feel his breath against mine and I closed my eyes. He was so close that when I did, I felt my eyelashes brush his cheek.

"Who said it was a joke? It's possible that you may have already won my heart." he said an lightly brushed his lips against mine. That's all he had to do to get me to raise my lips to his and kiss.

Max put his hand on my back and pulled me closer to him. I moved to wrap my legs around him, which resulted in my sitting in his lap, and wraped my arms around his neck. Max's hands were on my hips, when I heard the door open.

A/N: Cliffhanger, sorry. Updated. Sorry that it's been two moths. I spent the day on this. Hope you enjoy. I have summer homework, so the updating plan didn't go great. Like and comment!