Chapter 2

The queen walked down the hallway with Bella and I on either side of her.

        "Here we are! This room is yours Bella, and the one over there is yours Alyssa. You two will meet my son at a masquerade ball we are throwing tonight. The castle gates will be open so many people will possibly be here. The outfits are in your rooms and there are people there to help you get ready. Be ready by eight. You both may go." We walked to our rooms saying thanks.

        When I walked into my room, I couldn't help but love it.

        "Why hello! You must be Alyssa." I turned to look at the other side of the room to see two women standing there. "I'm Kelsey and this is Stacey. " the other one waved. "We're basically your maids." I stood there for a bit until I noticed they were still looking at me.

        "Oh...... okay. Hi!" I said awkwardly.  "You guys are going to help me get ready?"

        They both got very excited. "We should start! You are going to look so stunning! Lets start n-" I cut Stacy off and laughed.

        "Shouldn't we wait until later? It's only ten thirty."

        "Your right."

        "Do you mind if I wonder around the place?"

        "Go ahead! Be back by four though." I nodded and left the room. I walked down the hallway opposite from where we came from, and turned to the left. I walked then to the right to see a massive door.

        "Well that's cool." I said to no one. "Might as well see what's inside." I walked up to it and pushed it open. Once inside, I looked around. It's heaven!!! I was at the beginning of a hallway that stopped and parted left and right. The walls were covered in books.... two floors of them.

        I started walking towards them, until a thought came to me. This is an old castle, why would they have any young adult books, or fantasy? Or some romance? A voice got me out of my thoughts. To my left, there was a desk with an old man sitting there with an open book.

        "Hello there. Can I help you?" He said.

        "Oh no. It's okay. I don't want to be a bother." I said, but he was already up.

        "So what are you looking for?" He asked. I shrugged.

        "Do you have a young adult fiction section?" He started walking to the end of the hallway, turned to the left, and up some stairs that led to the second level.

        "From here, to the wall that the you entered from."

        "Wow..... that's amazing! Thanks for your help. Am I allowed to take one to my room?"

        "Of course.  Go ahead." I smiled and picked one out as he made his way back to his book. When I found one that I liked, I started walking back to my room, pausing only to say bye to the man, and left the room. I was so into the book, I didn't realize that I had walked into the wrong room until I had laid down on the bed and noticed that someone was laying down next to me.

        I screeched and fell off the bed. I heard the covers rustle as the person moved.

        "What the hell?" He peeked over the edge and looked at me. "Why are you here?" I paused. I looked up ay his messes up brown hair, tan skin, and attractive blue eyes.

        "Oh my god! I'm so sorry! I didn't look where I was going! Don't hate me forever!" Because of my stuttering, I didn't notice him come around the bed and help me up.

        "Are you okay? You kinda fell."

        "I'm okay. I'm really sorry about that. I was so into my book that I didn't even notice I was in the wrong room." He smiled at that.

        "So I'm guessing you like reading?" He said. He sat on the edge of his bed and patted the spot next to him.

        "Yes! I can't believe that the library even has these kind of books." He nodded.

        "Yeah. I ordered them and made them help me put them in the library."

        "That's awesome. So why are you in this castle?" I asked. He shrugged.

        "I just stay here and help out I guess. You?"

       "I'm here with my sister because we were picked to battle to the death for the prince's heart!" I say dramatically with a wave of my arm. He laughed.

        "So you just got here? What do you think of the prince?"

        "I honestly don't know. I don't know the guy, or even know what he looks like," my shoulders slumped. "Now there's a chance I'll marry him. It's not fair, what if I don't like him, but he ends up being a jerk, so he chooses me to marry him anyway." He laughed again.

        "I'm pretty sure he's not that bad." silence fell over us and we sat awkwardly for a bit.

        "Okay, well I should go." I stood up. "Are you going to this ball thing?" He nodded.

        "I pretty much have to."

        "Okay" I walked over to the door. He e got up as well and walked me to it. Once we were in the hallway, he leaned on the doorframe and looked at me. I looked around and widened my eyes. I looked back at him.

        "Believe it or not, my room is actually across the hall." I said, and swung my door open. I leaned against my doorframe and we stood looking there. He smiled.

        "That's really awesome." I looked at my watch.

        "Well, somehow, It's already four, so I have to go get ready." I said. "Catch you later."

        "Okay bye." I closed the door and turned around. Kelsey came out of the bathroom and smiled when she saw me.

       "Oh good! your right on time! Come, we have your bath ready." After hours of pampering, and getting ready to perfection, I was finally ready. I looked in the mirror and examined my  dress and mask.

        "You guys, this is beautiful!" they nodded.

        "Thank you, we both worked on it, but Stacey was the one that really created it." Kelsey said.

        "Thank you, Stacey. You too Kelsey."

        "Your welcome." Stacey replied. "Well, you better get going. The ballroom is the same as the one you entered in."