Chapter 20

I finished changing into my own clothes and zipped up my bag. I glanced up as there was a knock on the door. It swung open with Max on the other side giving me a smile.

"Are you ready to go?" He asked. I nodded and lifted the bag. Max walked over and took it from my hands. "Let me take that."

I nodded at the gesture and we both found our way out of the hospital. As we got into the car, Max sighed.

"That was stressful" he said. I nodded once again. After some silence Max turned to me. "Is nodding all that you're going to say today?" I looked at him with wide eyes.

"Sorry, I didn't even notice," I replied. He continued to look at me and I turned to look out the window. He cleared his throat and I glanced back. "What's wrong?" I asked and he sighed.

"Is something on your mind?" He asked. He saw right through me. I smiled.

"Nah, just kind of getting over this flu and stuff you know? Just conserving my energy for healing," I internally cried as I made it obvious something was up. And healing? Really?

"Oh, okay," Max said and turned away. My eyes widened in surprise.

"You aren't going to press it even though you know something is off because of my aweful sentence?" I asked. Max turned around laughing.

"No. However, I will give you props for that sentence. Not talking to focus on healing? Good one."

"Jokes aside, you won't ask?" Max sighed and looked me in the eye.

"If something is bothering you and you want to tell me, I know you will. All I need to know to comfort you, is that you need comfort, not the reason. When you're ready, I'm here to listen," he said. I sighed and smiled.

"Thanks," I said, and I fell to him with my head in his chest. He wrapped his arms around me ans we stayed like that until we arrived to the palace.

Once we were back inside, we were greeted and sent back to our rooms. As soon as I entered, I turned to see Stacy and Kelsey. They both came over and hugged me.

"What's wrong? What happened?" They asked. I smiled.

"Nothing. Just the flu, but they kept me the four days to wait it out, just to make sure everything was okay," I answered.

"That's good, you just lay to rest here, we will draw you a nice warm bath to relax after the hospital stay," Kelsey responded as they guided me to the bed. I laughed.

"I will, but really don't worry to much, all I've done recently is rest."

"Still I'll be right back," Kelsey said as she walked out.

"And I'll get your robe-" Stacey started until she was interrupted by a knock. "Make that the door."

She walked over and opened the door to Adrian who was waiting patiently.

"Oh sir, I'm sorry, but Lady Alyssa is about to bathe," she responded.

"No it's okay, he can come in really quick," I called out. Stacey nodded and let him in.

"In that case, I'll take Kelsey and wait outside." She left to grab Kelsey and left the room, shutting the door behind them.

I turned over to Adrian who was just wandering around the room. He turned to me with a smile.

"You're back," he pointed out. I nodded.

"I can see that," I said. He pouted and crossed his arms.

"I didn't know hospitals made people mean. So what was even the deal?" He asked as he plopped down next to me.

I groaned and fell back.

"Is it that bad?"

"Worse than what you're thinking." I whispered and covered my eyes.

"Looking at how you're sitting in front of me alive, I don't think it's worse than I thought," he remarked. I just sighed. "It's okay, take your time telling me, I have a fitting I want to miss anyway."

I sat up and leaned in close to him.

"I need you to promise not to tell anyone, no matter what, because I need to figure out how much trouble I'm going to get into first, so I can mentally prepare myself," I said quietly.

"Woah there, I promise, now just tell me," he said. I bit my lip but just decided to spill it. I leaned into his ear.

"I'm pregnant," I whispered as quietly as possible. I backed away quickly to see his reaction. His eyes were wide and he froze in his spot.

After about twenty seconds of that, I smacked his arm.

"Come on, if you, the unfazable Adrian, acts like this, imagine other people! You're making me freak out even more," I yelled as I began to panic. Adrian gave me an apologetic look.

"First thing first, sorry but that really caught me off gaurd. Second...... who?" He quietly trailed off. I hid my face in embarrassment.

"Who do you think?" I said. I heard no resoose so I turned to look back at him. Adrian's eyes were wider then last time.

"You remember how I told you that you caught me off guard? Well, not as much as right now. Really? Him?" He questioned me.

"Well yeah, I haven't ever done it with anyone else," I responded.

"When?"

"I'm not going to tell you that."

"Next question: Does he know?" He asked. I shook my head slowly. "Are you going to tell him?"

"I mean, eventually.... how do you think he's going to act?"

"I don't know, he's never done something so... against the rules."

"What do I do know, am I going to get kicked out? Doesn't the entire palace think I'm a hoe thats sleeping with you instead? If they hear this, they might think it's yours, and correcting them will make them think that I'm with the both of you, and correcting THAT would be me throwing my own sister under the bus." I ranted.

"Lets try not to worry about that. For now, we need more people that know the truth and believe you. So far, it's just me, but... there is someone who might just believe you... who's room may or may not be across the hall," Adrian said. I frowned and nodded.

"I know," I said softly. "But...  this is honestly the first time you've ever said something smart...."

Adrian laughed.

"I guess I'll get going. You probably want to erase traces of the hospital." He said getiing up. I nodded.

We said goodbyes and Kelsey and Stacey came back in. We finished up what we were doing and I finally went to bed.

I laid in my bed that night rolling left and right. No matter what I did, I couldn't fall asleep. I sat up and sighed.

I had to tell him.