Chapter 22

I slowly opened my eyes in the morning and sat up. Next to me Max was still asleep and had an arm slung around my waist. I slowly began to get up so I could sneak back over to my room before anyone noticed I was in here. As I sat up and began lifting Max's arm, his voice suddenly startled me.

"Where are you going? It's barely 6:30," he asked. I looked over at him to see that his eyes were still closed.

"Um... I was going to the bathroom." I lied. I don't know why I had to lie about it. I could've just been honest. 

"No you weren't," he muttered. I watched as he opened his eyes and slowly sat up. I sighed and nodded.

"I know. I'm sorry. I just thought I should go back to my room before I... you know, get caught." I replied while looking down at my hands. 

"Why?" he asked. I looked up at him in surprise.

"Why what?" I asked.

"Why leave before anyone sees you. They will all find out sooner or later. At this point there is no reason to run. Maybe my parents will get upset about you being pregnant, but they will understand." He explained. I sighed and thought it over.

"Do you really think that having them walk in on us sleeping on the same bed is the right way to tell them? What about telling my parents for that matter?" Max nodded. 

"Oh.... you're right." He agreed.

"Max, I don't want you to think irrationally because of me. Please, for the both of us, make sure to think about everything. For today, lets clear our heads and think about how to tell everyone." I said. Max raised his eyes.

"This is why you're perfect for the throne." He muttered and stood up. I stood up to. 

"I'll get going," I said, and began to sneak out of his room. As I was opening the door to leave, Max called out to me. 

"Wait a minute," he said. I stopped, but before I could turn around he wrapped his arms around my waist and hugged me. He game me a kiss on neck and sighed. "Be careful okay?" I just nodded in shock as we unwrapped his arms. Without saying a word, I walked out of the room with wide eyes. As soon as I got back to my room, I just nodded. 

"Yup. He's good." I muttered to myself. I sighed as I plopped onto my bed. Since I was already awake, it was too hard to fall back asleep. 

I lingered around my room looking through things until I got bored again. I remembered the ps4 I never got to play on because of the entire intruder thing that was going on. I smiled as I got changed into some new clothes. I quickly freshened up in the bathroom and brushed my teeth and set out. I wandered the hall trying to figure out where to go next. 

When I realized that wasn't going to work, I found my way to the dinning room and tried to follow from there. As I finally found the right hallway, I traced the right room and saw Adrian already sitting inside. 

"Adrian?" I called out. He glanced over at me from the TV as he played a racing game. 

"Oh hey," he replied briefly. I stood there for about a minute for him to finish the race. "Second place! Not bad." I snorted as I sat down on the couch.

"If it isn't first, then it's not that good either." I replied. He rolled his eyes from next to me. 

"You say that as if you could do better. I just competed against some of the best players there are," he said. I raised an eyebrow and held my hand out for the controller. He complained as he put into my hands and crossed his arms. I restarted the race along with some high level players and got ready. As I began, I had complete control. As I won the game in first with five seconds between me and the next car, I looked over at Adrian as he scowled.

"That's not fair. It wasn't the same players." he tried. 

"You can make up whatever excuse you want," I said. "Anyway, why are you even in here at 6:30am? Why did you wake up so early?"

"Wake up? I haven't even gone to bed yet. I've been running from all the security all night. They think I'm missing now."

"Why would you do that?" I asked. Adrian shrugged. 

"I was bored and it's always fun to mess with them. I love not doing what I'm told. You should know that by now."He explained. I shrugged and nodded.

"Fair enough. There isn't much to do around here when I'm not in class." 

"Very true. How have you been anyway?" he asked. shrugged. 

"I told Max." I stated. Adrian's eyes widened and he looked at me. 

"Seriously?" he asked. I nodded. "How? When? What did he say?" I took a deep breath.

"Well."

"Well?"

"Yeah. He took it well." 

"What do you mean by that?"

"He already knew." I said. Adrian raised his eyebrows and looked at me. "They told at the hospital when they asked him for permission for treatment... since I still hadn't woken up. They couldn't wait either, because it would put my life in danger as well as...."

"The baby." Adrian finished. I nodded and looked at my hands. 

"It's hard to get used to." I whispered. "How weird is it to have a living being growing inside of me.... one that I'll eventually raise, and... everything." Stress pent up inside me and I rubbed my temple.

"Max is so stupid. Of all the rules that he could rebel against, it had to be this one. It had to be now." Adrian muttered. I sighed deeply and dropped my head into my hands. 

"Adrian. I really want my mom." I whispered. "I need her." 

I heard some footsteps approaching the room and the door open. There was some silence until I felt Adrian get up off the couch. 

"I'll get going now," he said. He ruffled my hair and walked away. I heard the door shut again and I finally looked up. Max stood silently at the door as if waiting for me to notice him. 

"Hi... again," I said softly and gave him a weak smile.

"Hi." he replied. I plopped my head back into my hands and closed my eyes. I felt Max sit down and wrap an arm around my shoulders. "I know it's hard," he whispered.

I leaned into him and sighed. 

"It's all happening too fast. Three weeks ago we were arguing because..... you suddenly.... hold on." I realized and sat up quickly. "After the break in was over, why did you completely drop me? You told me we shouldn't talk anymore and was being a huge asshole." Max's eyes widened and he frowned.

"Ah. That..... well... your sister, she found out about you and me. She threatened to tell everyone.... if I didn't back away." he explained. I sat in confusion.

"How did she find out? Plus, she wouldn't have proof." I argued.

"But she did. She had a video of you being in my room. We were.... doing things. Remember when we heard that thud in the hallway?" I raked my mind for the memory until I remembered. My eyes widened and I looked at him.

"It was her." I said. Max nodded.

"She told me she wouldn't say anything, but  shouldn't have trusted her. The next day made up that you and Adrian were together," he said. I shook my head in disbelief and betrayal.

"Why... would Isabella do that? I..." I was at a loss for words. 

"Because I feel cheated." A voice at the door chimed in. My head snapped up at the sound of Bella's voice. "And you know what I'm like."

A/N: Sorry everyone.