Surprises

Dad never found out the fact that I had been missing two-thirds of the previous night.

The following day dawned on me with a whole new feeling which I had never felt before in my entire existence. The feeling of butterflies in my stomach, the feeling every naïve teenage girl feels when she finds her first love. The feeling of happiness and tingles in every nerve of the body.
First love? I tried not to gag.

Zyek. His name was like a cool whisper on my lips and I practically lay back under the duvet for a whole decade staring up at the ceiling his face swishing twirls in my mind. This was a beginning to something that was unknown to me. Was this a new story? Will things happen between us? Were we going to be a thing or was I just jumping into conclusions?

Other than that the previous events demanded their own questions at the back of my mind which I could so far as give a blank reply and grit my teeth in confusion.

Someone was out there. They wanted to kill me yesterday and they were still out there. In the eye of my mind I could see the black car from yesterday with its headlights glaring in my mind. The mysterious driver hidden behind the tinted glass. Who was it? Why did they want to kill me. Why did Zyek intervene? Out of nowhere. His sudden appearance was no longer a coincidence, having done that before when I was about to be kidnapped. Was this car from yesterday related to the guy who tried to kidnap me the other day or was it just a mishap of different events. Questions swarmed my mind but the answers were no-where near me.

I still hadn't told any member of my family nor my friends to whom I had a habit of telling everything and maybe it was because I was assuring myself that it was nothing, just bad luck, could happen to anyone and shit happens to people and it was pointless to tell them. But why wasn't I telling my dad? Something in me told me to keep it a secret.

The police can't do anything about it. Zyek's words formed in my mind. This was something that was beyond the reach of common security. It was dangerous...

Maybe it's all a trap. I listened to Sabrina in my mind

He has so much power and prestige here, a business tycoon kind of person.. he is dangerous and not someone you would want to even cross paths with...

He has some motive behind this. My dad maybe, he is a businessman, but then I thought that my dad was not a business man, he had a job in a company, a contract and if Zyek wants to destroy the company or something it wouldn't be my dad's loss, we can really pack up and leave..

There is something else. Dangerous.

Loud knocking on my door pulled me out of my thoughts and I heard my dad call out at me.

I sighed, pushing the covers off reluctantly and pulled open my door.

"Kat. Your mom is on the phone. What happened to your phone?" He asked pausing midway call with mom to look at me. I wondered the same thing until I realized that I had turned my phone to airplane mode and logged out of all my online accounts as Zyek had said I could be tracked.

"I didn't get a network card yet." I lied and he raised an eyebrow.

"She skyped you honey." he said after a pause.

"Internet is down." I mumbled. He looked at me wide-eyed. Me and Dan were the only people in the world who would have internet in a no-signal zone too.

I studied his face to make sure last night occurrence was unknown to him. He laughed in the phone looking at me in a weird way.

"They didn't have activation available down in that store." I continued truthfully.