Trouble

I woke up extremely late the following day owing to the fact that I had slept late too.

Dad was gone to a meeting. I had no intention to go out but my stomach growled. I had to go downstairs. I could just keep my fingers crossed for not crossing paths with that creepy guy again. Ever.

I ate my late snack at the café downstairs and headed toward the library as I didn't have the face to go swimming. The library was also empty as other places in this hotel.

There wasn't much of a collection and in the end, I settled on a library table with a book which had an interesting cover. I was very indulged in the book and didn't realize that someone had entered the library and when they stood in front of me, did I look up, a little startled.

An Arabian girl, around my age or slightly older, tall and slender, looking like she had stepped right out of a magazine, stood a few paces from where I sat.

"Excuse me I was wondering where to find the poetry collection." She spoke with a throaty accent, slightly dominating, the kind of voice models and celebrities have.

Shiny ebony, black straight hair fell down her waist, a pair of big brown eyes and impeccable curves. What was with these Arabs and perfection?

"Umm..I really don't know." I said trying to sound polite. "But you could have a look around, there isn't much to look." I told her gesturing around the library.

"Thanks." She said smiling and heading toward a shelf, a style to her walk which was not unnoticed by me.

So people around my age did live around here. I mused inwards. I didn't know whether to feel relieved that someone beside me was staying here and I could get to make friends or feel indignant about this invasion to my privacy that I had; some sort of the hotel to myself vibe.

She came back to join me on the table with a book of her own and I wondered if we were setting up a book reading club.

"I'm Sabrina." She said smiling the perfect smile revealing her white pearly teeth. "From Jordan." She had a bit of a smirk to her smile and I wondered if she was secretly having a mental joke about me.

I nodded politely but didn't give my name. I didn't like that smirk.

"You are from?" She asked. Her tone was sort of like a cat's purr mixed with a slight drawl. Her skin was kind of glowing and flawless. I felt a little envious.

"I'm visiting U.A.E"I said carefully. I really was in no mood to go on announcing I was from America, forced to live here. That would sound so pathetic.

"First visit?" Sabrina enquired. I nodded. If she noticed my weird replies she pretended she didn't.

She began talking about herself and her country and I learned that she was visiting her relatives here and sometimes came to check-in in this hotel. Something about her gave me a hollow, empty feeling. She wasn't producing much of a friendly vibe even though she was talking quite generously.

I wondered if she had come in the library to read a book as an excuse to talk to me. Maybe because she also felt like the only teenager around. As we talked as in she talked and I tried to keep up, somebody entered the library and we looked at the door.

It was him this time. Don't tell me he wanted to join our book club. I wished he hadn't come. I didn't want Sabrina to find out he was the cause of making my life even more miserable here. I glanced at Sabrina if she knew the guy. One gushing "hi" from her told me she did. Of course she would, they looked like they were from the same category. High handed and classy.