Aftermath

A commotion took place right after that body had blasted midair.Witches all around me scapered.A few more bodies blasted to smithereens around us.
Sabrina,Ky...oh my God.
I thought in panic.I didn't know what to do.Should I stand there and keep a low profile and watch witches being blasted to nothingness or should I scream for my friends?
I wasn't stupid.There were demons here now.DEMONS.From whom Sabrina and the positive witches had been keeping me safe from.These were the famous demons.And I knew exactly why they were here...for me.
I stooped low and called out for Chia and Drug.
Dammit they were supposed to be with me.
The hall was a chaos now.Howls filled the place.Colors flashed around me,but the audience was no match to the small group of demons which had revealed themselves from under Alva disguise.The demons were blasting the witches with slight gestures of their bony hands.
I scambled from my seat and pushed past witches toward the stage.
Sabrina and Ky were in danger and I couldn't just run away.
Where was Sabrina?My eyes tried to search for a red dress and mask but the scrambling crowd around me was making it hard.
The creatures were making the deadliest noises now.I realized what was happening;A real battle was forming right in front of my eyes and this time it was all the creatures versus all the creatures.
And guess what? I was admist them without any protection.
I draped my hands over my head and ran blindly toward the exit door.
Angry screams became louder.
No,I need to save Sabrina no matter what.
I pulled out my dagger and brandished it around me.
I was just going to leap headfirst toward the stage where the major duel was happening I heard familiar screams.I cocked my ear.
"....Twentieth floor..TWENTIETH FLOOR......"
Oh my Lord that's Sabrina.I realized in horror and joy.
Twentieth floor?
Then it hit me.She was yelling out to me.Twentieth floor where her apartment was.Sabrina wanted me to get out of here and go to her house.
But.....
I stood my ground.What should I do?
"JUST GO YOU MAD CREATURE." Sabrina's voice was hoarse now.
Where was she? I scanned the dark hall blinking in flashing lights.
My eyes went on the stage.The demons were floating midair in a circle.They didn't appear to blast witches out,that's when I realized the haunting red eyes traveled through the crowd down here.Searching....searching for...
I turned and rushed toward the exit.
My heart was thundering madly.
I grasped the handle of a huge glass door and pushed it with all my might.It wouldn't budge.
Oh dear God.I pushed and pushed like an insane woman.
Please open up.Please open up.
I chanted inside my head.
The door flew open to my surprise but I wasted no second in bursting out in the street.It was silent here.Not a sound from inside was heard here.
I wondered which part of the area this was?This certainly wasn't where I had come in from.
I looked around wildly in the night.
The street disappeared downhill and far away in the distance, the city of Dubai was awake.
I started walking downhill.Now how to get to the main road.
A hiss made me turn in panic.
A male Alva stood before me.
"How did you get out?"he spat harshly.
I stared at him.
"I'm a security guard and I cannot get in.And from inside no-one can get out.The area is sealed."he rushed sharply.
"So you don't know what's going on inside?"I cried in disbelief.
"Yes I do.More forces are coming over to help,but who are you?"he asked suspiciously.
"I'm a guard from the witches."I blurted out.
He narrowed his thick golden eyebrows.
"Show me some I.D."
Was he insane?There was freaking hell occurring inside and he was going on about I.D's?
"I'm getting help now get out of my way."I snarled.Fear came on his face.I whipped out my dagger and brandished it on his face.
"I SAID GET OUT OF MY WAY."
The doors blasted open behind me.
Before I could whip around,I was pushed abruptly to the ground.I landed on my face.
I squirmed around and gasped.
A demon towered over me.
"Hello there."
I struggled to get up but he placed a bony foot on my chest.My insides curled in disgust.
"You."the demon whispered to the male security Alva who seemed to be frozen into place.He lazily snapped a finger and the Alva crumpled to sand.
I struggled again,my panic mounting to the peak.
"Running away human?"he hissed.
I stared in the haunting red eyes.
The street was empty now.
My dagger was lying a few feet away on the ground.My fingers started stretching toward it.
"W...what do you want?"I blurted out.
The demon threw back his skull and laughed.The laughter sent chills to my bones.
"You don't know human?"he said mockingly.
"I'm innocent..let me go..."I reached desperately for my weapon.
The doors clanged open once again.
Now all the five demons were out here.They formed a circle around me, hovering a couple of feet above the ground.
Where was everybody?
Loud banging on the door made me look toward my left.I stared in horror.
The witches were pressed against the glass trying to break down the door.
Realization hit me;they were trapped inside.
The demons threw back their skulls and laughed.
"Stupid witches.Their own protection charm is preventing them."
I couldn't believe it.
The demon had taken his foot off my chest.I was lying pathetically on the ground.Sabrina was visible behind the glass door,her eyes were shut and she was chanting something as if trying to break the charm.
"Stupid witches.Now they are fighting with each other."The demon leaned in closer and whispered in my face"Whether to open the door and save you.Or keep it shut and save themselves."
My hands found my dagger.I pulled it and thurst it in his face.
He made a noise and staggered back.I tried to leap to my feet but he laughed and kicked at my chest,making me crash on the ground again.
Searing pain shot up my front.
He jabbed a bony finger in my chest.
I'm done.I'm dead.
The demon's eyes showed no mercy.I waited for the pain,for my blood to pool out and my soul to leave my body.The demon drew back.He let out an angry howl.
My heart trembled.
"Interesting."he whispered.
I looked in his haunting eyes and swallowed the bile that rose in my throat.
"Interesting."he hissed, leaning close enough that our foreheads were an inch apart.I fought the urge to kick him back.He snatched my dagger up and grinned cruelly at me before snapping it in half.He let the pieces fall to the ground at my feet.
"Get up."he spat coldly."If you resist your skull will be crushed."
I struggled to get on my feet when loud noises from not that far interrupted us.My eyes flew over the demon's shoulder.
The demon was thrown back abruptly with force and angry hisses filled the place.
Tall,black-hooded figures appeared on the street,armed with long frightening looking spears and daggers.
My heart turned cold.
The hunters were finally here too.
And then a clash broke out right there.The thundering howls and slices of necks made my nerves wither with fear.I was still on the ground lying on my back.The din was deafening.
The witches were still banging.
My eyes searched in the rough battle through every black mask but the smoke, whips of spears, and flashes of black cloaks made it difficult.
I started backing away on the sidewalk.My heart was racing so fast I thought it would tear out of my body.
Please God let me escape.Please God.
I managed to get up and stumble out of the way when out of nowhere a black figure swooped on me.A big blow connected with my forehead and I was knocked back on the ground.I groaned in sickening pain.The world turned into a blur of black and grey.
If the demons or the hunters didn't win me I would certainly be squashed to death in this raging fight.
I crawled back further in the night.
The glass doors burst open somewhere to my left and witches charged outside.Now all the creatures were on the street.
My opinion of dying in a chaotic stampede made more sense.
My eyes still traveled back and forth to spot my friends from my foes when a demon swooped on me, knocking me to the ground.
"Get up." He snarled flashing a silver blade in my face."Or die now."
He placed the edge of the dagger on the curve of my neck and my scream left my form.Then his head came apart and landed on my lap.My screamed shattered the din and I threw the revolting head away before coiling back in disgust.
I looked up in agony to see who had slayed this demon and a pair of familiar red eyes caught my sight.The face was veiled with a black mask like all the other hunters but my mind knew it was him.
It's him.Zyek.
He was in front of me now and suddenly I was paralyzed again.
I didn't know if it was fear or something else.
A long cruel dagger hung on the hunter's arm.The eyes met mine and bore.
Get out of it Kat.Move it.My thoughts screamed at me.
Then my lost senses came back once again.I struggled and managed to leap on my feet.His hand reached out at the dagger glinting and I pushed him out of the way with all my strength.To my great surprise he stumbled back.
Before he could react, I rushed away from the main crowd searching for aid when familiar spike head caught my eye.
I rushed into Ky's arms screaming like a crazy woman.
"Kat!Thank heavens you are fine."he gasped as his arms went around me.
"GET THE HUMAN."Someone bellowed.
From somewhere Sabrina screamed my name.
Ky,all but flung me on his shoulder and ran for the doors.
We burst inside,the doors were flung shut and charms were chanted rapidly.I slid to the ground gasping in relief.
"Good heavens sweetheart are you okay?"Chia cried grabbing my shaking arms.
"Throw her back out she is a curse to the witches."I heard Zee's angry voice.
Chia turned to her swearing and Ky grabbed me by the waist.He assured me with his eyes to relax and started checking for broken bones on me.
I nodded panting and speechless,before turning to press my nose on the glass.
"You don't think they will break it?"I pointed out in disbelief.
The demons clustered around the glass doors,arms raised as if preparing to blast something.
I grabbed Ky's arm in dread.
I'm finished by now.I'm done.
"No we are safe now."Ky said,relief visible in his voice.I turned to look at him.He was pointing outside and breathing in relief.I followed his indication and my eyes scanned the crowd which had suddenly subdued now.A small gasp left my mouth.
A tall figure hovered above the demons,hunters and witches.
Chalk white face,black eyes,blood red lips,frizzled black and white spiky hair and a long black gown flew behind her.
"Catty's here."Chia voiced in awe.
Catty.Their Goddess.
My heart instead of going calm with relief starting banging with unknown fear.
My arms froze to my side as I saw her hovering, emitting such power that all seemed nothing compared to her.She seemed to have descended from the night sky.
"Having fun without me I see."she said in a friendly voice,a smile stretched on her white face.
Her voice sent chills to my heart.
"Well,I'm here now,my beloved creatures."she continued.
"We are here for what we want."A demon spoke up in his inhuman voice.He sprang closer to her baring his tenth.
Catty laughed and I shivered,glad a big glass door stood between her and me.
"Breaking in,abusing and violating." Catty continued."Tsk.Tsk.Very bad."
She could be scolding a naughty student at school.
"You all know how I go by my laws."
She gave a tinkling laugh.Some witches laughed as well.Zee was among them too.
"You can't keep what's not yours."the demon growled.
Catty raised two finger and snapped.
The demon blew up into smoke!
I gasped and covered my mouth.
She killed a demon.They were the deadliest creatures around.They were incomparable to the witches and Catty killed one so nonchalantly.
What was she?!
Tension was obvious among the other creatures now.The other demons hissed angrily and charged at the Goddess.
She looked at them lazily and they froze midair before crashing to the ground.
Catty approached them.She studied them with a cruel smile before stepping on one of them's head.A sickening noise told me his skull had been crushed.
She crushed two others with similar laziness.Nobody stopped her.Nobody moved.
I couldn't believe my eyes.
She grabbed the last one by his skull and brought it to her face.
"Tell your master I said hi."
She released him and he vanished in the night.
My insides squirmed with fear.The presence of her was making me uneasy by the second.I didn't know why I was feeling that way,when she was here to put a stop to this sudden demonic attack in me.
The hunters drew up to full height now.One of them spoke up.
"We require the human."his cold voice didn't waver, despite the preceding scene.
Catty however did not smile or display laziness.Her eyes narrowed slightly and she stepped on the ground.Till now she had been hovering above.
"It is our foundling have you not noticed?"Catty said airily.
"We need to make use if it and its no use to you."the hunter accused.
Catty laughed."A bit early to say that isn't it?"
My heart nearly stopped.They were freaking discussing me whether I was more useful to Hunters or the Goddess.And all I could do was stand and watch.
My mind recalled Zyek was there.My eyes searched frantically for him in the group of the hunters but I couldn't distinguish between them.Irritation washed in me.
My eyes landed on another who stepped right up to the witch Goddess and my heartbeat quickened.
"I will take the human away."Zyek said icily."whether you hand her or I force it."
His voice.
Cold, edged with such sharpness that it nearly sliced my heart.It was inhumane and held no mercy.My head felt like exploding with the mixture of bizarre emotions.
Zyek stood his ground in front of the Goddess and yet his back was on us,shrouded with the inky black cloak,it sent shivers up my spine.
The Goddess was studying him for a couple of minutes and there was icy silence between them.
Perhaps my breathing was loud because Ky's hand wrapped in my mine but I was too occupied to register or move away.I gripped at his hand hard and held my ground.
Witches,Alva and Lamia around watched in anticipation.
"Very well."Catty spoke up in the same friendly tone."I love challenges tracker."
He gestured at his fellow hunters sharply before turning around and my eyes flew to his face.
The black veil perhaps hid a stony mouth, the hood was thrown carelessly over black tufts and the eyes were red.
My heart was racing again and my throat was constricted.He was here, standing only ten feet away,yet a glass door between us made it a thousand miles.His purpose was open; he was here to get me.I was a mere sacrificee and my blood was the only thing of his interest.He saw nothing about me except a pathetic human being who was useful for slaying his enemies.The cold eyes said it all.
Yet, my world shattered just at one glance at him.My feelings crumpled, built up again,then crumpled until I couldn't take it anymore.
Look here please.One glance.Please.
This was my heart pleading while my mind bore hatred and loss.
And he raised his head and my eyes connected with his.I hung on them,my heart pushing my feelings to the brim,desperate to find just the slightest connection or hope in his but they were void of any emotion,of the slightest bit of life.They bore in mine, empty and merciless and so full of inhumanity.
Nobody existed around me now.I couldn't hear or see or even feel any other soul.It was him and me and this glass door keeping us apart.My mind screamed at him.My hand was trembling in Ky's tight grip.I placed a sweaty palm on the glass door reaching out with the sense of pain and loss.
His eyes looked away as he passed right in front of my face, his tall presence shaking me to the very core.
My emotions would explode any second now, had not I struggled hard against them but my eyes never left the retreating figure as it walked further and further away from me every step like a dull blow of pain and loss to my chest,until he disappeared in the black, sorrowful night.
***
"Let me see the human."Catty's voice pierced in my mind.
I came back to earth.The witches had broken into a buzz around me.Ky, Sabrina and Chia had formed a circle around me.
I stared in terror as the Goddess of the witches stepped toward me, a simple smile on her chalk white face, which was sending alarm bells to my mind.
I tried to swallow the painful lump that was blocking my throat after the hunters had left.
Witches drew back to allow space as she approached me.I felt a cold aura around here as she stopped inches away, and my insides coiled in resentment.A different feeling of hatred built up in my chest and it took me everything to control my shaking form.
A long red nail was placed under my chin and she lifted my face up.Her eyes burned in mine and her smile had a hint of cruelty.
"Easy my precious.You are safe now." she murmured.
I clenched my fists.She ran her nail up my cheek and my insides screwed in repulsion.
"So weak...."her finger touched my lips."So fragile..."
The Goddess leaned in closer until her lips brushed my ear."I promise I will keep the demon-hunter away from you."she whispered.
I could sense a double meaning behind her sentence.
She drew back her head and studied me with her cold eyes.I shifted my gaze.It seemed as if she could see right through me.Read my emotions.See my broken heart.
My form was stiff with fear.I couldn't even move the slightest.
She gave a tinkling laugh and leaned forward again."I will protect you my precious."
Then she stepped back.Her eyes, two cold stones, roved my length for ten seconds of icy silence.Then she snapped her head away.
"Witches.Move it."her voice was sharp as steel.
I watched with bated breath as she glided away.All the witches who had their eyes fixed on me, hastily started leaving.Nobody dared to speak up with their Goddess around.
Then within ten minutes the night cleared.I stood like a pole on the ground, watching until the last witch disappeared.