Arabian nights Two

I scrambled to my feet, mud flying off my heels.The pair of arms gripped me tightly,preventing me from moving.
"Steady Kat."
"Ky?"I gasped.
He grinned down at me.
"Think I'll stand there and watch them take off with you?"
I realized I was sprawled on him.I jumped to my feet.
"How did you get here?!"I asked looking around for a car or something.
"Stay back!"he warned me before pulling out his dagger and moving toward the crashed heap.Male Alva appeared over the cliff swearing in arabic.He seemed unhurt.The female came beside him.
"Not good immature witch."she said unhappily.
"You think I'll let you greasy skins go off with my friend...barbie hair?"Ky sneered.
Female Alva narrowed her shaped eyebrows.No being, let alone a supernatural creature would like the idea of being addressed as barbie haired.I guessed that because the always smiling Alva Female lost the famous smile of her's.
A bang followed the exchange between Ky and her and Ky was blasted off his feet.
"Seriously..."I yelped.
"I'm good."he called,springing to his feet.He charged.Male Alva made his famous throaty noise and stood his ground.Female was shouting at the top of her system.
I watched with bated breath from fifteen yards away, taking cover behind a wild bush.
They engaged in their famous battle of colors.
I screamed when a bang hit me and I was blasted off my feet and landed ten yards further.
Ow.
I looked around wondering if running would help.
Coward.
My inner self mocked.
Ky appeared to be fighting for his life against two.He seemed to be running out of vigour.
That's it.
I pulled my dagger and charged.
"Get off him you bloody barbies!"I screamed.
"Kat NOO..."Ky bellowed.
I jumped from behind the female,grabbing her hair and twisting with my human strength.
"Ky...kill him.I have her pinned...."I yelled out.
Ky looked at me wide eyed before returning to his clash.
The female shook me off her head like a spider.I landed with a thump on the ground.Before I could scramble to my feet she stepped on my leg making me scream and preventing me from getting up.
I stabbed my dagger in her foot in order to push her away.
I stared in shock and amazement as her foot came off!
"Nice."I praised my dagger, before leaping into my feet.
The female was screeching with anger.Suddenly a poof sounded and she vanished.
"Hey.She's gone."
I turned to see Ky alone with blood on his face and hands.
"He vanished too?"
He shook his head.His dagger dripped off blood.
"Slayed."Ky said proudly.
"I knew he was a little dumb."I agreed"but where is his body?"I asked searching around.
"It mixed up with the sand."Ky shrugged.I stared at him before glancing down and saw something like black gravel blended in light brown sand.
"Those are his...leftovers?"I asked screwing my nose.
"Here comes our ride."Ky said cutting me off.
I turned and saw a familiar Porsche speeding toward us on the deserted highway.
I couldn't help grinning.
"About time?"I smirked getting in the passenger seat.
Sabrina grimaced.
"What's her problem?We just slayed two Alvas."I complained to Ky.
"One by the way."he grinned."And yes, that is exactly her problem."he turned to her."I had no choice.He wasn't giving up."
Sabrina just shook her head muttering something under her breath.
"What's going to happen next?"I demanded.
"I don't know.I will have to face some trouble to settle this matter."Sabrina said gritting her teeth."With the foreigners and also our pack."
"Not our pack.The negativists did something without confirming with every member of the committee."Ky said angrily.
"Yes but you are forgetting it's a negativist who rules here."Sabrina shot at him."I'm sure Catty will prefer what they say."
"I stand equal to Zinnia.She wasn't supposed to hand her out like that." Sabrina continued furiously."I'm sure Zee has a major part in all the so called judgement."
The mention of her name made the blood rush in my ears.The scene from last night flowed in my mind and I clenched my fists.
One kiss..Just one kiss...
I could hear myself moan in my head.Oh God,the humiliation was biting me.
I shook my head violently.
Cut it out Kat.Zee has powers to expose anything,whether it exists or not,and those feelings are fake,created by that bloody witch.You can't feel for him after what he is,after what he did to you,but what if...
I snapped out of it.
"...No Ky there IS a major difference between us and them,Wake up dammit."Sabrina was saying furiously.Ky held up his hands in defeat.
"Gosh I'm sorry."I interrupted"Ky shouldn't have tried to save my life...."
"Shutup Kat afcourse he did it under my orders."Sabrina said darkly.
"Your...?"
"Do I look like freaking Zinnia to you?"
I smiled gratefully.
"Stop grinning like a cat."
"I wasn't."
She gave me a dark look.
I turned to look at Ky."Hey you were bleeding..."
"I healed."
"How?"
"Excuse me but are you insulting a witch?Because I am insulted.Big time"
I stared at him.
He sighed."Witches are natural healers.We have this self healing powers."
"Then how do you even die?"
Ky made a face."It's not pretty how we die.Burn and...."
"Ky."Sabrina screeched."Can we do that later?"
"Sorry."
"Where are we going?"I asked abruptly glancing around at the desert blowing past us.
"Safe."
"Shutup about your safe places.I'm so done by it."
"Keep your bloody mouth shut woman."Sabrina hissed.
I shrugged.What was her problem?
I stifled a yawn.My head started to ache now.The street lights zoomed in and out.
"Rest now human.There is more to deal with tomorrow."The last of Ky's words were far away, his hand was warm on my forehead and it helped me trying to fall into slumber.Distant bickering between the two alerted me a little, but then became confusing and their voices faded away.
I woke up with a yawn and blinked as sunlight poured in my face.
"Wakey wakey..."
"Huh?"I groaned, rubbing my eyes.
It was morning.Sabrina stood by the curtains she had just drawn, wearing just a sweat-shirt,a cup of enticing coffee in her hand.
"Dude I remember I have school today."I complained.
"I signed in a parent slip saying you are sick."she confessed.
"Are you serious..?"
"I also replied to your mom's messages as you."she said with a cough.
"What?"I asked in confusion,then I realized what she meant."What did you say to her?!"
"Relax.She was like I'm sorry and that happened a long time ago and I love you now and etcetera etcetera."
"What did you say?"
"I just wrote that I..as in you need some time to get over with what they did and you are staying with me for some time and if they force you in anything, well, we will meet in court."
My eyes widened at her last statement.
"You threatened...?"
"Chill.It was a fair warning."she shrugged.
I threw a pillow at her.
"Hey.I did you a favor,ungrateful child."she said,making a face.
I pushed the warm covers and jumped out of the big bed.
"Bathroom's at the end of the hall."she informed."Wash up.I made some breakfast."She said before disappearing down the hall.
"A coffee will do."I said as I stepped toward the bathroom."Wait, who's house is this?"
"Mine."she called from the kitchen."Apartment by the way."she added.
"Oh."
After I refreshed, I found her in a cosy looking kitchen, with a skivvy in her hand.
The idea of pancakes and coffee made me feel happy.I moved to the window and then blanched.
"I know."she said grinning.
I stared at the beautiful city down there.Apparently we were on the..
"Twentieth floor."she said.
"No words."I said as I gazed down there.I could see the highway from here and the faraway forests and desert.
"Some land you arabs got."I exclaimed.
She chortled.
I joined her at the table."Where is Ky?"
"He went on some business."
"Is everything okay back there?"I asked as I bit in a pancake.Syrup ran down my chin.I dabbed it with a tissue hastily.
"Hmm."she responded distractedly.
"What does that mean?"I frowned.
"Hopefully."
"Ky freaking crashed a car, killed an Alva and stole their new experiment.Is everything okay?"I tried again.
She looked at me in exasperation."We are working on it."
"How so?"
"Negotiation."
"Uh huh?"
"Witches rarely mess up with other creations so this one time I think they might consider."Sabrina said sounding more like she was assuring herself.
I nodded.
"So"she continued."The negativists are being icy but it will be either Sam or Catty to judge in the end."
"Who's Sam?"I asked.
"Right hand to the Goddess."she replied."He usually handles the matters because Catty is way too important to appear in minor justice." she said.I noticed a bit of sarcasm in her last words but didn't point it out.
"Is he a negativist?"
"Yes and no."she replied.
I arched an eyebrow."My point is that is he anticipating on experimenting me or not?"
"What do you mean?"she asked.
"Your negativists were so eager to hand me over..."I said stiffly.
"Oh I get it."she cut me off."No I don't think he would approve of handing you out."she said gravely.
"Excuse me but what kind of tests would they run on me?
She frowned."How would I know? Alva differ from us in testing and punishing."
"Yes but it's to check if I'm a threat or not right?"
She nodded.
"Okay so how as a threat....?
"I don't know."she said in frustration.
I looked equally frustrated.Everytime I built up questions I got the answers and then this last question would come up followed by others.
Why was I a threat? What kind of connection did I have with these creatures?Why me? Why ME?
And everytime they would remain answer less.
Judging by the look in Sabrina's eyes,I knew she was thinking the same thing.
We ate the breakfast in silence.
My head was just too full of thoughts and I didn't know which one to voice.
I frowned deeply.
"Sabrina?"
"Hmm?"
"Do all witches have..."I hesitated and she glanced at me."..certain powers to expose out stuff inside you."I continued quickly,my face heating up.
She studied me for a couple of seconds.
"Witches have different levels of power but equal capabilities."Sabrina explained quietly."The difference is positive and negative power."
I frowned.Did she even get my point?
"Positive power comes for a positive reason, maybe mere revenge and justice like an eye for an eye."she explained."While negative power has no limits, like for cruelty, fear, injustice or mockery."
I considered what she said.
She leaned closer."Close your eyes."
I looked at her in confusion.
"Just do it."she said honestly.
I shut my eyes.
"Don't open them until I tell you."
I nodded.
I waited for about a minute while she didn't say a word.I was just going to open my eyes and enquire when my head started swiveling with thoughts.
My parents faces swarmed in my head,blurred.I felt strange, as if I wanted to be angry but I couldn't be angry so I felt helpless.
"Now block."Sabrina's clear voice cut through.She sounded like she was holding her breath.
"Huh?"
"Block it out."she cried sharply.
"How do I block?"I snapped angrily.
"Push it away."she said as if I was stupid.
I tried pushing the feeling of anger away.My head started aching.
"Think of the presence and picture it in your head."
I did as told.My brain felt like exploding but I forced hard.Suddenly my brain fell in ease and relief washed over me.I opened my eyes and blinked.
Sabrina was sitting there gasping for air.
"Are you okay?"I asked in surprise.
She nodded breathlessly.
"Tough work, amaling."
"It's called that?"
"Yeah and see?You were fighting it all right.All you need is practice."
"That's what Zee did, right?."I said quietly.
Sabrina nodded,without answering.
"But she didn't exactly go fainting like you are right now?"
Sabrina made a face."She is a negativist dummy,now you see the difference?Amaling is very difficult for a normal witch.It takes years of practice and alot of strength to perform."
I nodded gravely.
We both continued to eat in silence once more,each a victim of their own thoughts.
Ky returned sometime in the day.
We both bombarded him with questions.
"The duel is rescheduled."he told us gravely."It's tonight."
Sabrina glared in space."This is not good."she growled.
"Why?"I asked worriedly.
"Ky."she turned to him swiftly without answering my question."Stay here, I have to go."she rushed toward her room.
"What's wrong?"I asked Ky.
Sabrina clattered back, strapping her heels and shrugging into a black coat at the same time.
"Don't let anyone in okay?"she commanded her fellow witch ignoring my shooting enquiries.
Ky saluted which she failed to see as she was halfway out the door.
"Oh you think no one can blast in?"I said scornfully.
"We are freaking inhumans!"Sabrina yelled before disappearing downstairs.
Ky shut the door and faced me.
"We need permission to enter each other's places."he explained.
"Oh yeah, I remember."
"From where?"he asked.
I shrugged."Not sure."
"Anyway Alva are demanding justice for killing one of their tribe, but our reason is that they forced our foundling away so it's grim from both sides."he told me.
"Excuse me?"I remarked."Foundling?"
He smiled sheepishly."Well that's what we call something that is...unexplainable."
I stared."What's so unexplainable about a human when majority of this planet is us?"
"It's only you.Not your majority."he replied.
Oh how could I forget?I was like the first freaking human threat to their supernatural world, right?
"Alva heads even reject the idea of you using a stabber on their mistress,even though it was complete self defence."
I thought hard."You mean that creepy smiling female Alva was their mistress?"I gulped."Damn,I'm in trouble now right?"
I recalled the scene from last night,I had freaking cut her foot off!.
He smiled."Not really,they heal really fast."
"Oh."I thought dejectedly.
So much for detaching her foot.
"I'm sorry about last night."he said after a pause.
"What last night?"I asked, confused.
"Alva were taking you away to cut you open,remember?"
"Oh that,no problem."I said.
I looked at him.He looked hesitant.
"Hey it's totally fine."I assured him."Infact thank you for saving my life, Ky."I smiled at him.
He didn't say anything but smiled back.
Wait,was he blushing?!I felt a bit horrified,but had the urge to grin at the same time.
He was actually sweet,the total opposite of this certain person who hardly smiled.
Wait.
I halted my thoughts when I realized where they were headed.
Everytime I thought about him,I felt a mixture of mad emotions and a constriction in my throat.
I sighed.
"Is something wrong?"Ky asked anxiously.
I shook my head with a weak smile.
"All cool.I think I'll shower now."I told him abruptly.
He nodded slightly,looking shy.
I headed quickly toward the bathroom before things could get more awkward.
                           ****
The loud music was hurting my ears.A sharp black and pink glow engulfed the suburban area eerily while colorful lights flashed everywhere.A buzz filled the place,mixed with cackling laughter and snarls.The audience of super-naturalists waiting for Arabian Nights two gave me more shudders than the participants of the duel.I recalled the last time I came with Sabrina when I had known nothing about her world,that was when the music had seemed exciting and the show tempting.Today the loud music was haunting me and I was dreading the show.
Chia had an iron grip on my wrist,and a male witch called Drug was trailing us, keeping me locked in protection; according to them I was highly exposed.I remembered I had seen Drug before, in the first Arabian nights back in Abu Dhabi.
Chia was talking fast in a small microphone stuck to her ear,assumingly giving orders to the guards outside.
My mind was on high alert too and my eyes scanned the place for any suspicious movements.
It was difficult to move in the pack of swarming Witches, Alva and others.
Sabrina and the other battling witches were preparing in the backstage.Sabrina had ordered double security of witches to guard the whole place.I had also noticed members of Alva standing at every pillar.Till now I could finally distinguish a little between witches and Alva.The former being white and inhumanly beautiful  while the latter with colored skin and exotic hair.
Ky and Sabrina had strictly warned me against Alva specifically because they desired for revenge after my escape with Ky the other night.
I was dressed in a flashy black short dress, knee-high boots and a silver stole wrapped around my hair which Sabrina had made me bleach it blonde.My face reeked of make-up and gloss.All of this was to hide my true self and somehow blend in the witches.Sabrina had threatened to kill me if I got exposed;every creature was under the impression that I would be at some place safe and not here.
I avoided any eye contact.Keeping a low profile,I seated myself at a far corner of the hall, near to an exit door just in case, while Chia sat to my left and Drug behind me.
I shifted uncomfortably.
"Don't worry sweetheart,there are more witches than you can even imagine guarding this place."Chia told me softly.I nodded without replying.
"Plus no sightings of other creatures within Dubai."she continued.I wondered why she thought it was important to tell me that,but the information was an immense relief to me.
"Don't say a word love."Chia murmured to me.
I was just going to open my mouth and tell her I didn't speak a word yet when the lights fell dimmer.The white faces sort of glowed around me.I swallowed my fear.
"ATTENTION CREATURES OF ARABIA, WELCOME TO ARABIAN NIGHTS TWO."A voice thundered over our heads.
A burst of hoots,applause and eerie laughter filled the place.
"NEW RULES ARE RELEASED FOR TONIGHT,ONE: NOBODY LEAVES BEFORE THE END. TWO:NOBODY ENTERS AFTER THE START. AND THREE:NOBODY VIOLATES A FELLOW CREATURE."
I gulped in alarm.The voice of announcer was repeating the rules in arabic now.The crowd seemed densed as the announcement ended and a low buzzing filled the place.
I stooped low in my seat,half wishing I was at home.
Why did Sabrina insist I come here?Why couldn't I hide somewhere else? I thought in frustration.
"ARABIAN NIGHTS TWO ROUUUUUUUUUUND ONE WITCHES VERSUS ALVAAAAAAAA."
A loud burst of applause filled the place.The audience cheered.
Three Witches came on stage,draped and masked.I squinted to recognize Sabrina or Ky but couldn't.
Then presently three Alva appeared and I gasped.They wore nothing.Two had bodies that were coal black and the third was bright pink.Bright yellow paper hung on them,covering their skin and their hair was the most extraordinary,colored in rainbow and looking so weird I couldn't contain my small laughter.
The duel began and I watched with anxious eyes.Pretty soon colors besieged the stage.Loud cackles escaped from the audience.
At last a body flew in the air and landed ten feet away.Explosion of cheers blended with groans filled the place.
"Oh no."Chia cried.
"Who was that?"I asked in terror.
"Seni.I think it's her."Drug voiced from behind me.
I couldn't help but sigh in relief that it wasn't one of my two witch friends.
The duel continued mounting to full vigour from both sides.
Then the smoke vanished and there stood two witches and one Alva.
"ROUUUUUUUUUND TWO,WITCHES VERSUS ALVA."
My heart was beating really loud by now and my eyes were fixed on the clash ahead.
Smoke filled the place once again.I felt a bit frustrated as I couldn't see clearly.
"Who is winning?"I hissed at Chia.
She looked at me in surprise."Can't you see it's a balanced position?"
"No.I can't see."I told her.
Her eyes widened in realization."Oh I keep forgetting you are....you know." she whispered glancing around cautiously."You see, we can sight beyond the smoke."
"Oh."I said in a small voice, not knowing whether to laugh or cry.
She turned her eyes back to the front.
The audience howled with anticipation.Like me,everyone was not liking this balanced position.
I roamed my eyes and saw the judges seated across the hall nearest to the stage.I spied familiar people whom I had seen in the last Arabian nights.
I gasped as I saw the female Alva from the other night.There was no sickening smile on her face.
Holy shit.If she saw me,I'm dead meat.
Three more bodies flew abruptly across the stage,one of them was covered in blood and I tried to push away the horrifying feelings.Screams and laughter errupted from the crowds.The music was louder now.The session ended quicker than the previous one and once more the stage was clear.
"FINAL ROUUUUUUUND, WITCHES VERSUS ALVA."
The lights went dimmer.I felt slightly glad by that.The music screamed.
Chia gripped my arm tightly and before I could protest the stage filled with battling witches and Alva once again.
The witch in the front wore a tight red dress and a matching mask.Knee high boot heels shone in the dim light and I widened my eyes.
Sabrina.I thought grinning.
The witches next to her formed a circle midstage.I tried to recognize Ky but couldn't.
Alva appeared on the stage,This time they wore black capes and skeleton masks over their faces.
Everytime they appeared I thought this was the extent of their dressing.
But then they come again and surprise me,what happened to the stupid colorful bodies.I thought sarcastically.
The only thing colorful was pink and purple hair clouded behind the masks.
The sight was creepy and hilarious at the same time.
"What is with the weird cloaks."Chia muttered in detest.
So she noticed too.
The duel began and the smoke was pure white now.Sabrina,I noticed was fighting hard.This time the battle was more intense.
The crowd was mesmerized.Silence filled the place.I felt dead uneasy.
"Chia."I whispered suddenly."No one dies that easy right?I mean those bodies were just injured right? They can heal right?"I babbled on when she didn't answer me.
She just watched the stage in tension.
The smoke turned pale and grew.Then it turned black and started forming outside the stage.
Angry shouts from the audience filled the place suddenly.
"This is the Alva's doing."Drug said angrily from behind me.
Chia stared ahead in confusion."I don't think so."
"Why?"I asked"And what is Alva's doing?"
"Black smoke that is filling the place." Drug explained shortly."It's highly unusual."
"Alva too are surprised."Chia said in a small voice as she gazed at the ongoing battle that was engulfed in black smoke now.
"Maybe it's not Alva then...Maybe someone else planned..."I voiced my thoughts.The two looked at me in pure alarm.Then they looked at each other in horror.
"Excuse me."Chia jumped to her feet and vanished in the thick smoke that had blanketed the whole area now.
"What happened?"I whispered in a hoarse voice to Drug but he seemed to be gone too.I couldn't tell because the room was blacker than coal now.
Loud shrieks erupted from the stage and the whole room plunged into chaos.Witches yelled from all around me.Something was very wrong.
And then a body blasted from the stage and the crowd screamed in disbelief; because something that had never happened occurred; the body tore apart midair and blasted into pieces!
My heart nearly stopped.
Smoke cleared from the stage a little and an Alva whipped it's cloak away to reveal something underneath the cloak which I had never ever seen in my entire life.The thing on the stage was not an Alva, or witch or a Lamia.I slammed a hand on my mouth to keep myself from screaming.The crowd gasped.
Black foggy thing, floating in midair.Skeleton body,hands and feet.Horns on the skull.Red eyes.
It's the devil.I thought in fright.
The crowd was whispering something and I cocked my ears hard, my eyes trained on the devil onstage.
"Demons...."the crowd chanted dully.