"Field trip"

The next day my alarm clock woke me up around eight.I called Sabrina right away but her voicemail answered.I left her a message and then showered.
I headed to my dad's room.He was propped up on pillows typing away on his laptop.
His legs were getting better now but he still couldn't walk.It had been two months since the accident.
"Morning dad."I said trying my best to sound cheerful.
He looked up and a smile broke on his face."Morning sunshine,up so early on a holiday?oh yeah,your holiday trip."he said remembering.
I swallowed and smiled."Yeah,my holiday trip.So I just got ready."
"Come sit."he said patting on the bed and I obeyed.It had been a while since I had sat with my dad.Before the accident I hardly remembered when we had a father-daughter conversation.
"Your papers went well?"he asked me in a firm voice.
I nodded."I guess so.Don't worry dad, you'll see when my results come."
I twisted my fingers anxiously, glancing at my phone for Sabrina's message.
"Is everything okay?"he asked peering at me from the top of his laptop.
I nodded quickly."How is your work?"
"It's fine I guess."he said going back to his laptop again.
"Dad."I said as a thought hit me."Remember when we were in Abu-Dhabi?When we went to that couple dinner which wasn't actually a couple dinner?"I asked.
He screwed up his face,thinking, then smiled."yes what about it?"
"Remember Mr.Drews?The guy who was partnering with you in business?"
"Yes,what about him?"
"Well,is he..like still in business with you?"
"Oh.Yes.His company has fully joined ours now and because of his company grouping with ours I can still work and earn well at home like this."he said with satisfaction.
My heart started beating frantically.
"Well,do you..like..see him often?"I asked with hesitancy.
My dad gave me an odd look."No.He lives in Morocco or some where.He directs his company from over there."
Morocco.Right.
"Why?"my dad asked."I mean I can tell why you are curious."he said giving me a playful grin.
I blushed furiously and waved my hand."No dad I only meant to ask because this girl in my school is related to him...and..and.."I lied badly and lost track of my own dumb story.
My phone rang thankfully.
I excused and picked it up.
"Hey Kat is that false witch there yet?"Sabrina asked,without saying hi.
"No, not really.Listen, you were supposed to call me."I hissed.
"I know but I didn't find out much.All I know is that you will be taken to the guesthouse now.Don't worry I'll be there."she informed.
"Why?"I cried.
My dad looked up and I dropped my voice."Why the stupid guesthouse?"
"Beats me.I'll see you later I gotta go right now."she hung up before I could say anything else.
I pocketed my phone.Dad gave me a curious look but I didn't say anything.
"Where is the school taking you?"he asked.
"The form says its a camping site somewhere on the highway."I said biting my sudden anger.
This time when I didn't want to lie to my parents,I was forced to.
"That's nice.you will learn to get attached to the desert."he said smiling enthusiastically.
Why were mom and dad both so eager to send me on this stupid so-called trip?
"Okay dad I'll go have breakfast and see mom."I said getting up.
He looked at me slightly surprised.Maybe because I never took the time to sit with my parents and lately I was doing that.
"Dad.Stay safe okay?Don't use those legs unless necessary."I tried to hide the break in my voice.Whenever the topic of his broken legs came,guilt ate me up.Somehow I was blaming myself for this.
He looked more surprised at my concerned tone but I choosed to ignore his look.
"Okay boss, and you too,don't run into trouble."he instructed.
Ironic.
I grinned and waved before heading downstairs.
As I stuffed my face with a tuna fish sandwich,waiting for my mom to hang up from her call,a car honked outside.
"Mom,my ride's here."I urged.
"Yes.Okay.I'll manage the details and I'll call you back in an hour."my mom rushed on before hanging up.She hurried over to me.
"You got everything packed alright?"she asked as she tried to stuff some more sandwiches and tin food in my bagpack.
"Mom.I'm not going on a picnic....I..I mean..they have food there."I said hastily as I grabbed my bag from her and zipped it up.I picked up my coffee and walked outside.The morning breeze was cool and I was glad I was wearing a sweatshirt over my tanktop.
"Just in case dear,okay did you pack your toothbrush?"she asked following me outside."And honey,what are you going to do about toilet?I mean did you ever have outside toilet training."
I choked on my coffee."Seriously mother..?"
"It's a natural thing..."
"Yes I know about outside toilet now quit fussing."I said firmly.
A black Lexus stood outside.The windows were tinted black.It honked again.My heart started beating fast.
I had no idea what kind of fate lay ahead.
I turned and gave my mom a hug."Don't worry about me.I'm a real big human now."
She returned the hug."You will never stop being my little baby."she said emotionally.
I had to roll my eyes at that.
"Typical mother line."I told her, handing her my coffee cup.
Then I headed down the steps to the car and pulled the backseat door open.The car was chilly inside.I slipped in and slammed the door shut harder than usual.
Zinnia and Zee both were seated in the front.Zee was driving.They turned to give me equally frightening smiles.I made a face and tried to look as cool as possible.Then we took off.
"I know you are taking me to your so awesome hideout."I said in a bored tone.
They both chose not to reply.
I rolled my eyes and glared.
The ride was supersonic fast and presently we were pulling up the familiar manor.It gave me the creeps now.I ejected,holding my bag tightly.
The witches lead me across the suburban gardens and up the huge marble staircase.
The double doors swung open.
Witches crowded at the door with their similar gloating smiles.
"Welcome to our humble home again human."
I grimaced as I stepped in after the two witches.My eyes searched for a positive witch but I couldn't see any.A familiar voice cut my thought,making my insides slightly weaken.
"Katalyn what a surprise!"
I turned to see the witch Goddess making her way towards me.Her crystal white cloak glided after her and her face was as frightening as before; white skin,high cheekbones,bloodred lips and black eyes like two beetles.
I stood still with growing fear as she came near.Her face broke into a smile and she leaned down and sniffed my cheek.
What the hell.
"So fresh..."she whispered,then her lips kissed my cheek and I had to step back in disgust.
She smiled at my reaction.
She didn't need to make her smiles evil or cruel.The eyes said them all.
Merciless, powerful and capable of doing anything,described her.
"Welcome to your holiday trip.Trust me,I'll make it even better than you can ever imagine."Catty laughed.
Witches all around her laughed at me.
Anger stirred inside me.
"What is the meaning of all this?"I half stammered."You have no right to bring me here unwillingly."
Catty stopped laughing and my heart skipped a beat.
Then she smiled.Her long fingers wrapped around my wrist and my blood ran cold.
"We missed you,didn't we girls?"she said mockingly.Witches applauded.
Zee looked in my eyes and smirked.
"Let's have a seat each and talk."
She lead us in the huge ballroom where they usually had their meetings.
She made me sit near to her.
Then the doors opened abruptly and the positive witches appeared.
My insides went weak with relief.
Sabrina was at the head with an anxious look on her face.
"Sorry we are late."she said facing the Goddess.
Catty waved an arm."If you witches keep on being naughty then your presence will no longer be required."
She said smiling acidly.
I could see Sabrina swallowing her fury but she said in a small voice."It won't happen again your highness."
I couldn't help smirking a bit.Sabrina saying "your highness" sounded off.
"Very well,be seated."Catty said impatiently.
The positive witches hurried to take seats.I caught Ky's eye and gave him a worried glance.He nodded his head in assurance.
I sighed.
"The witch council has made a decision about the foundling."Catty announced.
My insides quirked in slight irritation.
Foundling still didn't make any sense.
"Since we all know that the hunters are after the foundling to make use of it,and the demons are after it to get it destroyed,it is only fair for the witches to have their part as well."she continued.
It? Excuse me you stupid witch, but you are the one who should be called "it" not me.
"Since the witches are just..."
Here I just had to cough.
Catty's eyes swiveled toward me but I pretended I didn't notice.
"Since the witches are JUST."Catty's voice became meaningfully loud."because neither did they claim to sacrifice the human without reasoning nor like the demons did they welcome any opportunity to destroy it,"Catty's eyes met mine like two endless black tunnels."I think they have a right to make sure the human is protected against those vile creatures as well as studied and read."
What am I,a freaking book?
She did make sense actually,but then why wasn't my heart agreeing?
Something behind those cold eyes told me it wasn't only protection and studying as she claimed.
"Is everyone with my decision?"Catty asked.
Witches cheered,except the positive ones.
I could see Sabrina whispering to Ky and he had a very worried look on his face.I wondered what she was saying.
"So the council decides that the human reside with us for fifteen days and we pursue for the answers in these fifteen days."Catty declared.
Wait? Where is my lawyer?
I cleared my throat."As a victim of this council and a law abiding citizen.."I began.Out of the corner of my eye I saw Ky slap his forehead but I continued"I don't agree with the decision."
There was a silent pause for ten seconds.Then the witches burst into laughter.
I felt my face going hot with embarrassment.
"There is no such thing as your law." someone cried.
"She speaks."another cackled.
"Poor pathetic human."Zee said shaking her head.
"Silence."Catty ordered and at once the room fell into quiet.She turned to me and this time I knew she meant business.I held my breath."No human speaks when I'm talking."she said her voice icy now."The order is passed.Take her belongings."she stood up and swept out without another word.
The witches all broke into a chatter after she left.
Sabrina and Ky hurried over to me.
"Yes I'm doing great."I said coldly before they could ask.
"Kat,don't worry,I'll get you out of here as soon as possible."Sabrina promised."Just please don't talk back to the Goddess."she added in a low tone.
I nodded and scowled.
Ky wrapped an arm around my shoulder."Cheer up.I'll think of something too.Your rescue team in service."he faked a bow and I had to smile grudgingly.
"Be quick."I whispered to him.
He nodded
Zinnia walked up and extended her hand."Your bag and other belongings on you please?"
"Oh let me do this."Zee snapped cutting in.She grabbed my bag."Poor mummy was packing picnics for her." she laughed smugly.
"Thank you but I'll keep my sandwiches."I said sharply pulling the brown paper bag from my bag.
She checked my pockets next while I was hoping against hope she wouldn't.She yanked out my cellphone and then Ky's dagger.
"Illegal weapon?"Zee drawled eyeing me.
I bit my lip.Ky opened his mouth but I sent him a warning look and he shut it again.
No need to put him in trouble.
Zee pocketed my dagger and my cellphone."The Goddess shall know about it."she promised.
I didn't answer.Just bit my seething fury down.
"I will lead you to your room."Zee said."And I'll make sure these parasites.."she looked at Sabrina and Ky with loathe"..stay away.
"What comes around goes around." Sabrina said to Zee.
Zee's eyes narrowed."Careful weak witch,you don't want me to take it out on the human now?"
Sabrina didn't say a word.I assured her with my eyes to calm down before I was lead away.
This time it was the dungeon that was my residence.My jaw dropped as we approached the haunting place where no sign of daylight was seen.
The place was hidden in the basement barred and wired, and cages were built accordingly.It was dark,desolate and creepy.Candles were lit in a few places throwing the front of the dungeon in a dim and eerie light while the rest lay in the dark shadows.
"This is where we keep the naughty witches for punishment."Zee said enjoying my fright.
"You can't keep me here."I cried."I won't stay here.Call your Goddess.This is not fair."I struggled against her steel grip.
Zee leaned closer."The Goddess's orders."she hissed.
"But why?I mean you can totally lock me in somewhere else.Why here?!"
I was losing my control now.This was unbelievably absurd.Prisons were meant for criminals not young teenagers.
Zee pulled me sharply towards the first cage."You are dangerous human.I think you should know that by now." she pushed me suddenly,sending me crashing to the inner cold stone wall.
"For God's sake I'm just a human.I'm no harm to you."I cried,struggling to my feet and rushing back to the cage door.
Zee smiled smugly and swung it shut with a screeching sound.
"Yes you are.Unfortunately you are harmful, you pathetic little creature." she replied.
"Please.Not here.Anywhere but here.I won't disobey a word.Please..."I had no idea I would come to begging with this hateful witch.But the prospect of being all alone in this dreadful place took away all my self control,my anger,my ego and my calm.
I was left with despair and fear.
"I like you begging."Zee said with an evil grin.She padlocked the cage and started walking away,her heels clicking.The last I saw was her cruel smile before she disappeared up the stone stairs.
"Wait.Please wait.GOD WAAAAAIT."I screamed.Silence responded.
I screamed some more until my voice went hoarse.
I kicked at the iron bars of the cage.
"Ow." Tears filled my eyes.
Shit.I wanted to cry loudly.
I blinked back the tears.I don't cry.I never will cry.
But who cared?Who was watching me now?Who was there to hide my tears from?
I sat back on the cold stone wall as tears ran down my face.
This was all injust.These monsters could do anything.And nobody in the outside world would have a clue.Now my parents were also relaxed.
I stood up and howled.I kicked the iron bars,punched the wall.Screamed and cursed.But nothing happened.My echoes returned creepily.I slumped back down on the hard ground.
"You will never get away with this Catty."I whispered."Never.I will get you back."