Arabworld

Dubai was where we were going to stay but we landed at Abu-Dhabi international airport and I learned we had a stay here for a while before we head to the other city. The airport was beautiful. Everything was so florescent about it.
My family wasn't exactly on their upmost confidence as well.My dad told us to stay put at the waiting lounge as he went a-looking for his company men. They were supposed to be here or something.He even warned typical mother not to move and I figured the guy was scared he would lose his family in the depths of this Arab crowd and never know where to find us in this foreign Arab land.

My mom looked nervous as she scanned her surroundings.Dan was checking out the place like it was meat and Alisa looked breathless and wide eyed never letting mother's hand go.I was similarly bewildered and scrutinized the airport with fear of the unfamiliarity and contempt.

Dad came back and his family pack breathed sighs of immense relief and we all took safety behind his back as men from his company approached us giving us a hearty welcome.Two of them looked eastern Americans wearing suits and ties and the third by the looks of his long white robe with neat cuffs and collar was no doubt a Middle Eastern guy.They exchanged polite greetings with my over-flushed mother.

"Hello American kids" The white-robe one said in a foreign accent and peered at me and my two siblings scanning us up and down and smiling so wide I thought his face would break.

Freak.I rolled my eyes.

"Hi"Dan said introducing himself and politely shaking his hand.Alisa also mumbled "Hi" from behind mom's back and everybody except me found that amusing.

"And your name young lady?" He smiled at me questioningly.

"What is this, an interview?"I said without thinking.

My parents looked at me, my dad giving me the one-more-word-and-you-will-regret-a lot look.

"It's Katalyn but everyone calls me Kat."I told him shortly while he tried to look solemn.

He probably thought american "young ladies" were polite.

The others were starting a business-like conversation with my dad ignoring me totally.They were pretty quick to judge by the looks that I was rude.My mom gave me the warning signal but I pretended she wasn't there.

"So assuming thees is your first time in U.A.E how do you like everytheeng here?" He asked us sounding enthusiastic.He used double E's instead of I's and made his D's weird.

I rolled my eyes.

"Its really new to us"Dan told him
"But its a good new"

"Its like being in a zombie's castle"I said not caring if I sounded aggressive.My mom glared.

"Zombie's...?" The man gave a laugh which was kinda forced.

My brother looked at me."She meant the excitement"He assured the guy.

"I meant women dressed like freaking Dracula and men dressed like they are at a fifty's Halloween party."I said rudely.

"Kat!"My mom exclaimed.To the guy she said in her fake bright voice"My daughter has this vivid horror imagination she tries to interpret with particular dressing"
I looked at her now.

Wait,what?!

My brother elbowed me.He wanted to silently tell me the man also wore the same "fifty's Halloween dress".

"Its a shame."I informed him.

The man still tried to ignore my rudeness by laughing like I had made a huge polite joke.