Shockers for life

"Uh..you know me?"I asked still in surprise.

"Yup." he grinned at me again "Sab told us about you."

"As in Sabrina?" I said wonderingly. I already liked him. He seemed friendly.

He nodded then turned to Midget guy and said something in Arabic. Midget guy nodded trying hard to contain his scowl. I smirked at him over Spiky haired guy's shoulder. He scowled at me and stomped off.

"I am Ky starring in Arabian nights." Spiky head said turning to me and extending his hand. That explained the silver suit. I shook his hand trying not to look too impressed.

"Cool. I am here to watch your show." I told him.

He laughed and I stared at him wondering what was so silly in what I had said.

"Sorry." he said hastily. "That's alright Katalin. We appreciate it a lot."

"Call me Kat. By the way, where is Sabrina?" I asked trying to sound polite and not demanding of him; she had long gone without a trace.

"Come on I'll take you to her." he scanned me politely but his eyes held some sort of amusement I couldn't understand why. I mean how much out of place did I look. Was he expecting more glitter on my clothes or what?

He lead the way toward a backstage room and I came across an array of people in preparation for their show. Scratch that.

Gorgeous people.

I stared at them. The girls were more or less similar to Sabrina. Same set of shiny hair. Glossy skin. Dazzling attire. What else did I expect of celebrities.

"Hay Kitty!" Sabrina called at me waving.

Kitty?

"Where were you?" I asked gritting my teeth in annoyance at the nerve of her sounding so casual after she ditched me for about an hour.

She smiled at me. Painstakingly bright. If she noticed the indignation she overlooked it. "I thought you were right behind me. Aww sweetheart I'm sorry you missed me back there."

I rolled my eyes. Maybe she couldn't help with that tone, the amount of time she used it on set.

"Oh Kat. These are my show buddies." She gestured at the young people. I saw some of them scrutinizing me and I suddenly felt very conscious about my plain clothes. I wished the zits on my nose were not standing out but the lights here were so bright I was sure every freckle was prominent. I wished I had put on some concealer. Trying not to look distressed about that, I offered them a polite smile.

Nobody looked enthusiastic or anything. Some of them didn't even notice me. The others looked on with polite amusement and cocked eyebrows; as if I was a kid or something.

"Umm hi." I tried to grin at them "Cool show."

"I'm Chia." A girl stepped forward and smiled at me. Her smile was genuine. She wore a leopard print short dress well exposing a set of strikingly long legs. Slim figure. Hazel eyes. Blonde extensions on brunette hair.

I smiled back trying not to stare too much.

"Show didn't happen yet." Another girl interrupted airily. She smiled my way. Only her smile was not genuine. It was a sneer. She regarded me with hostility drawn on her face. Auburn curls with one streak of platinum white blonde standing out like lightning on her hair. Glossy skin. Impeccable body. Cat make-up.

"Sorry?" I asked not liking her face at all.

"You said cool show. Which you didn't see yet." she said her eyes boring in mine.