My knight in black

I couldn't move.I couldn't run.I couldn't speak.I couldn't even breath.
My eyes were fixed on those intense black eyes.Plain black,like marbles looking right through me.
Him.Zyek.
My heart was failing me over and over again.
Then my senses came back to life and I stumbled backwards.A scream tore through my form.
"Shutup."he hissed.
My mouth fell open to form words but failed.
I didn't know what to feel,fear for this demon hunter,anger for this heartless being or emotions for the guy who had literally made my life a desperate hell on earth.
But I could just stare at him through the iron bars,confused between the pools of emotions and for once I was glad the bars were between us.
"I...I can always scream for Catty."I choked out, my chest rising.
He laughed quietly,flipping his hood back,revealing crystal black bangs. "Same as ever."
I swallowed hard.
"You aren't supposed to be here."I said backing away."There are dangerous witches.They will kill you."
He didn't reply to that.Just looked at me with those killer eyes.
My heart was crumbling.How could he be so calm and collected while I was literally dying inside.
His tall muscular figure,black shirt and black jeans attire towered over me.
"I have come."he said after a long pause.
My eyebrows rode up.
He didn't elaborate.
Then without a single word he advanced to open the cage door.My heart started banging like crazy.
"Don't open that.You can't!"I cried out.
"But I can."he said and unlocked the cage door with a key I hadn't noticed in his hand.
Now there was no one in this locked,faraway,isolated dungeon cage except for me and him.It was as exhilarating as it was beyond frightening.
I stumbled back automatically.
"Stay...away."I stammered.
My heart confessed that he meant no harm.He couldn't mean any harm,right?
He still didn't say a word but a flicker of amusement crossed in his eyes.
I felt slight anger stir inside me.
"Last time we met, you asked if I wanted to hang out later."he drawled finally.
Oh really,here I had gone through the worst and he appears and he mocks me?!
My temper rose.
"Last time I didn't know it was you."I shot at him suddenly.
He raised his eyebrows in thick amusement.Then he advanced closer.
I didn't say anything.He was inches apart.That was all I could comprehend now.
Sweat formed on my brow.
"You have been crying."he said at last his eyes hanging in mine.
Suddenly I was aware of the remaining tear stains on my cheeks.
I scrubbed them hard and shook my head wildly."No."
"Oh?"he asked arching a brow.
What was with the attitude?
A distance noise made us both look up.
"Just go."I urged."If they see you here,we both are as good as dead."
I could hear the noises closer now.
He grinned lazily.What if he was here to.....
I felt my stomach drop.
"So you are here to kidnap me too."I said bitterly.
He tilted his head to look at me closely.Then he stepped right in front of my face.I could smell his scent now,which was drawing me closer and making my mind spin.
"I don't do kidnapping."he said his minty breath on my face."I kill instantly."his voice was low.
I stared back and forth in his eyes.
A commotion broke out upstairs. His eyes swiveled upwards.
"Those lowlife bitches.."he muttered.
I just gazed in his face without moving.My mind was screaming but my tongue was tied.
"Oh Lord..."I sputtered suddenly breaking from the trance."I am done for..."I could hear the sound of clattering heels.
Witches approaching.Angry witches.
He grabbed my arm abruptly pulling me out of the prison.Trust me,I was dying for out but I guess this wasn't the best of moments.
Not with him.
I yanked my arm back."No!"
"Are you kidding me?"he said sharply not letting go of my hand.
"I'm not going with you!"I said stubbornly.Part of me was so weak it wanted to cry.Part of me was nursing anger and bitter feelings.
"Fine."he strode forward to pick me up."I'll do it my way."
I scrambled back and hit the wall.
"No..o..!"I stammered.My lip trembled harshly.
I had no idea he would make me so helpless.Tears threatened to come in my eyes but I blinked furiously.
He stopped and dropped his arms.
Taking a deep breath he moved forward again.
Afcourse he can do it HIS way.
My inner voice mocked.
He apprehended me for five seconds.
"Come with me?"he said finally in a gentle voice and extended a hand.
I looked at him with my jaw dropping slightly.
We stared at each other for five more seconds.I searched his eyes,for a reason to trust,to submit myself.
His eyes burned in mine but with the promises of betterment.
I hesitated, before putting my hand in his.He gave me a sincere smile,for the first time in forever.
Warmth flooded in me.
"Can I...."I began softly when he pulled me with a strong jerk and threw me over his shoulder.
"What the...."I bawled, in utter shock.
"Keep it low."he hissed,a complete different person now.
"Put me down"I cried loudly as he sprinted toward the inner dungeon instead of the outlet.
"I'll have to knock you out if you say another word."he said flatly.
I pounded hard on his back.
The dungeon doors banged open on the other side.
"THE HUMAN IS GONE."An unfamiliar voice of a witch shrieked.
"NO!FIND IT.NOW."Zee bellowed.
Take that witch.
Zyek was moving silently and swiftly down and down the dark tunnel which I had no idea lead to where.
"Put.me down.I can walk."I raged.
How dare he do that.
I struggled again.
"I will knock you out in ten seconds if you don't cut that."he warned.
"You heartless, cruel no good moron."I spluttered.
His grip tightened.
"Where are we going?"I cried.I had no idea the dungeon was this long.
He stopped in front of wall.
"The outlet...Ablah said it's somewhere within forty yards..."he muttered.
"How do you know Ablah?"I said harshly.
He ignored me.His hands moved to feel the wall.I found an opportunity to jump down but he was quicker.We ended up in an arm and body wrestle.
"Stay put woman."he exclaimed as he managed to pin me again.
Suddenly a light flashed in on us,blinding me.A bang followed the flash and we crashed to the floor.Me under him ofcourse.I screamed.
"Ow."I choked out,trying to push his weight off me.
"Dumb witch."Zyek muttered, extracting himself from me.
Another bang,louder this time, filled the narrow tunnel.
The witch shrieked.
Zyek was on his feet again,with me hanging on his arm.
"Go go go go..."I cried racing and stumbling beside him.
We hurtled down the tunnel.I could hear screams and shouts from behind us.
My heart was racing so fast in my chest.I swallowed and then my foot hit something abruptly.I toppled to the ground,hard.
"Ow."
"Fast."Zyek said through his teeth.He hauled me up.
"There was something on the ground...."I tried to explain.
His arm snaked around my waist before throwing me back over his shoulder.
"Hey.I can run."I protested.
"Don't move."he growled.
We ran down further and further.
"There she goes!"someone yelled.
"That's Zee!"I squawked,nearly falling off and grabbing his hair to keep my balance.
He groaned and pushed my hands off his hair while trying to find the outlet in the wall at the same time.
My eyes met Zee's big golden and black irises,looking haunting in the pitch black tunnel.The witches nearrd us.Flashed of pink and purple filled the place.
"It's the tracker...."someone shouted furiously.
We are dead.We are dead..
I wrapped my arms around Zyek's neck drowning myself in his strong chest in order to shield myself.
"We are dead.."I screamed.I fumbled clumsily in my jeans for the Saber that Ablah had given me.
"Put that away."Zyek snatched it out of my hand in a millisecond.
"Hey!That's mine....."
Zee reached out to grab at us and then another burst of lightening flashed the place and she stumbled back.Then Zyek was pushing me out of an outlet in the wall.
I hit the ground softly.My head was spinning now.
He fell out after me but didn't land on the ground clumsily.He stood tall while I lay at his feet panting for breath.Then he stooped and pulled me to my feet swiftly.
Before I could open my mouth he threw me over his shoulder for the third time.
"PUT ME DOWN...."
Then I realized we were still inside within the tall walls of the witch manor.
He made his way swiftly toward the back side.Five seconds passed before I heard the huge double doors burst open.
"SHE IS ESCAPING."
Holy shit.
"Kill the tracker on the spot!"
The commotion behind us was frightening.
"Ready?"Zyek's voice came in my ear.
"What....?!"I tore my eyes away from the deafening din and the mismatch cloaks of the witches that were sprinting toward us.
I spun to face the front,still clinging madly in his arms.The huge wall was in front of us.
"Wait..."I shrieked struggling like a mad woman.His arms tightened around me in capture.
He clambered on the wall I have no idea how while I hung on to him for dear life.
Before I could register the fact that we were on top of it,he jumped.
I screamed like there was no tomorrow.
The world was running around me now.I swayed dizzily in Zyek's arms,my body loosing up.
Flashes of gold lights made my head spin even more.Then the sound of a car screeching to a slight halt right beside us.He stuffed me inside like I was a ragged doll,then he leaped in beside me.
"Drive"he commanded.
The car leapt into life.
I struggled hard to sit up but it was next to impossible.My head wasn't deciding to stop.I was still somehow clinging to the tracker even while sitting in the car.My arms and legs were tangled around him.He had his arms around me too.
I looked back at the towering walls of witch manor in the distance.Zee's face was vivid between the witches crowded there before we tore out of the street,the area,on onto the main road and I was still struggling to sit up.
"Let...go...of...me..."I cried between sharp gasps of breath.
He totally ignored me as he used a free hand to swipe out a phone.
He busied himself in a call,speaking in urgent tones.
I shouted and raged and wrestled but no avail.
Presently the car haulted abruptly,the tires screeching.
Zyek pushed the door open and I managed to sit up.
"You...jerk...."
His arms pulled me out of the car and I landed on his back again.
"Put.me.down."I said in my deadliest voice.
The car roared away,tires squealing leaving us in infinite silence.
He hesitated before setting me to my feet.
"You unthinking arse...."I thundered.
"Shh."he hissed.
My eyes caught a silver sticking out of his waist band.
"That's mine!"I exclaimed angrily as I reached out to swipe it out of his pocket.His hand reached out in a flash and caught my wrist.
I struggled against his death grip.
"That's mine!Ablah gave that to me.."I cried stubbornly stamping my foot.
I must have looked plain stupid because a look of amusement filled his eyes.
"Ablah gave that to you?"he said softly.
He reached down and pulled it out.Then he covered it with the sheath that he pulled out from his backpocket.
"Never touch the naked blade"he said, handing me the Saber.I looked at him trying my best to glare as I snatched it from his hand.
I swallowed and looked around.The night was perfectly silent and the place where we were standing was deserted.It looked like an empty under construction area.A single storey house stood in front of us.
"Where am I?!"I cried angrily.
"Safe."he said, wiping his brow.
I looked around again.Then I looked back at him.He was watching me patiently.It was just him and me right now,I realized.
"I wanna go home."I said sharply.
He shook his head."I'm afraid you can't."
"Why not?!"I shouted.His calm was angering me."What do you want?! Who are you anyway?Why do you do that to me everytime?!"I choked out anguishly.My insides were suddenly on fire now.
He leaned forward and before I could say another word,he placed a cold kiss on my sweaty forehead.
I heeled back,uttering a cry and then rendering speechless.
"Come inside and see."his voice was cold too.
My emotions threatened to leak out.I placed a slightly trembling hand on my forehead.
I glanced at the single storey house beside us uncertainly.
Without another word he strode toward the front door.He unlocked the door and pushed it inside a dark and silent hall.
I swallowed hard.Should I go after him or should I run?My face was tingling from the kiss he gave me on my forehead.
My eyes scanned my surroundings. Maybe in a deserted, transport-less area in the middle of the night, running wasn't a good option.
I followed him inside without a word.
The hall was silent but I could feel the presence of others in the house.
"Who else is here?"I demanded.
He didn't bother to answer.He swung open another door that lead to the living room.The lights beamed on me.
Then my eyes widened in shock.
"S..sabrina?Ky?"I uttered.
"Oh gosh thank heaven you are okay." Sabrina cried, hurrying towards me.
There were others in the room.Chia and another positive witch I didn't know her name and a few other unknown people.
Sabrina checked me for damage.Ky walked over with a big grin on his face.I broke in an even bigger grin and flung my arms around him.
"You loser,I thought you ditched me."
After the exchange I realized Zyek was still standing there,watching the scene coldly.
"How did you guys and him....?"I began, gesturing between them.
Sabrina grinned."We needed his help.He needed ours.Fair enough."
"What exactly...."I started.
Zyek cleared his throat sharply."I got what you needed.Now deal with mine."his voice was colder than before as he studied the witches with detest.
I looked at him closely,then the witches.
"I don't understand.."I began.
"You will.Soon."Ky assured me draping his arm around my shoulder.
Zyek eyed him with contempt.His cold eyes trailed on Ky's arm and I had to look away.
"What is he doing here?"I turned to Sabrina."You aren't making any sense.They are hunters and they can do anything...."I protested.
Sabrina raised an eyebrow."Says the human who just got saved by one."she said sarcastically.
I turned red and turned away.
She was right.I was the one who wasn't making any sense.Deep inside I knew he would never be danger to me.
She walked over to Zyek and I watched anxiously and slightly enviously,as they exchanged a few words.Zyek's eyes remained hard as steel.Then he turned to leave.
I watched,half of me not wanting him to leave ever while the other half sighed with relief.
He looked back and his eyes met mine.He nodded slightly before stepping out of the room.
"Where is he going?"I asked automatically before I could stop myself.
He couldn't leave me.He had come after such a long time.
Sabrina raised an eyebrow at me.
"I mean,what is going on guys?!"I said, quickly changing my sentence"With him and you lot."
"You know what Catty wants right?"Chia said angrily"She wants..."
"To keep screwing it with me,yes I know."I completed her sentence.
"No.She has issues with hunters too.Particularly this one.The negativists are turning rogue on us."Sabrina said.
"Catty lashed out yesterday at Drug for asking too much questions.He is seriously injured now."Ky cut in.
"Is he okay?"I asked abruptly.
"Before she could finish him off,we ran away with him.Then tracker came in the picture.He said he would rescue you out if we form our team and help him defeat Catty."Sabrina finished.
I stared at her."Since when did you guys start this Anti-Catty organization?How long was I in that freaking prison?!"
"Five days?"Ky said.
"Five days and you guys broke off your freaking pack and what's more,teamed up with the hunters?!"
"No..not hunterS...hunter as in singular."Sabrina said gravely.
"What does Zy...I mean tracker want with Catty?!"I demanded.
"I have no clue."Sabrina replied shaking her head."All I know is that he has major issues with her.Hunters do."she shrugged."I think it's the usual witch hatred coming up."
I stared at her."I'm not getting it man.This is so full of shit."
"