Ch.8: Mishaps

Book One- Simply Blinded

Part 1

PROPHECY
__________________________

For the last two weeks, things in the castle had been very diligent. Like worker ants, it seemed that people were constantly moving and tending to everlasting duties. The castle was incessantly in motion and seemed to have a never ending line of chores.

For the last two weeks Kieran had grown acclimated to the daily routine in the busy, castle.

For the most part, Kieran had become more adapted and better accustomed to the people and expectations in the castle.

Instead of Kohra, Rebecca, Chris, and Max being her only friends, over the course of the two long weeks, Kieran had come to know quite a few other maids, yet she didn't feel as comfortable as she did with them as she did with the gang.

Even though things had eased up and she felt a little bit more situated than she had previously felt, she didn't think that she'd ever ultimately feel like she belonged.

Moreover, pertaining to the situation numerous days ago, Kieran couldn't remove the thoughts out of her head.

It constantly nagged her every rousing moment and pass time. The thought of him doing such things to her, never let her mind rest and she couldn't help but to remember the way his hands and mouth felt against her heated flesh, or how he suddenly disposed of her.

She didn't want to admit it, but she was hurt and seriously demented.

It was weird and she felt as if she was going crazy. How could one man, just with one single touch make her entire body quiver into a delightful frenzy, have her stomach doing somersaults, and her heart booming from within her chest, but also shake in fear and have her heart aching.

So many questions, yet not enough answers; It would always be engraved into her mind, that Xerxes was the only one who made her feel things she never experienced before. In a way it made her feel substandard and repulsed that she felt such a way for a cold man, who could hardly feel the same.

It was embarrassing and Kieran sworn it'd never happen again, but she knew she'd never resist such captivating charismatic.

It was inexorable.

Trying to forget what happened, Kieran spent majority of her time in the library.

It comforted her and getting trapped in a book had ironically become her only escape; Recalling her assessment of fleeing, she had contemplated, if leaving was the right thing to do. She didn't want to abandon her alter egos. They had become like family to her. They cared for her and comforted her when it was needed, and to leave them would feel like betrayal.

As days bypassed Kieran had wallowed in her self-pity and strayed from them. She wasn't her usually self and the gang had noticed. Especially, Kohra who knew something must have happened.

Though Kohra didn't appear as a close family member to the Vladimir's, however she could read the prince, like an open book. She sensed a situation had occurred causing her to grow extremely worried for the well-being of both their nature.