Ch.5: Acquaintances

Book One-Simply Blinded

Part 1

PROPHECY
_____________________________

It was late morning and the streets of Evergreens town was crowded with backed up traffic, horns blew in every direction, and the wind caused the air to become slightly chill in the month of spring.

Walking across the street, Sara's hair fiercely swayed in the breeze. With a long, badge trench coat wrapped around her tall physique, her black, red bottom heels kissed the side walk as she sashayed towards the enormous, fifty foot building that stood in the center of the numerous buildings along side it.

Pushing her black Louis voutin tote bag up on her right shoulder, she pushed through the glass revolving doors. Her face was set in an emotionless expression and her eyes held a suspenseful glint behind her ray bans.

The inside of the building was ginourmous. Every wall in the lobby of the building was a dark gold color, with three huge, brightly lit chandeliers hanging from the creamy gold ceilings. There was a top floor that rung around the entire lobby. Pillars that were a chocolate bronze was built against the walls. As well as a nice cream carpet coated on the floor of the vanilla tiles.

In every part of the lobby were white custom armless sofas that were placed next to brown traditional metal lamps. Along the two, left and right, sides of the wall, four seats were built inside the interior. The lobby was vibrant and bold in color. The whole place gave a dramatic tone.

As Sara strolled up to the brown mahogany desk, the receptionist elatedly stood upright from her chair. Her coffee colored locks, styled in a gelled back ponytail and her heart shaped face was constructed in a friendly grin. She had a slight tan and her big blue eyes sparkled with enthusiasm.

Sara had no choice but to smile as she stood in front of the perky receptionist, who was crisp and clean in a sharp creme suit that held a name tag with the words, Patricia engraved in the small gold plaque.

"Good evening miss, how may I assist you!?" Patricia nicely greeted.

Sara assuredly stood in place and took out a mini mirror to adjust her lipstick before placing the mirror where it was previously held.

For the last couple of hours, Sara hadn't known where Kieran had gone to. As soon as she got home Sara was in hysterics and had immediately called the therapist's office, to assure herself that Kieran was there, but when the lady in the receptionist desk had stated, Kieran had departed only two hours before, Sara perceived that the orals were being fulfilled.

It petrified her that Kieran's time was so near. And to think that only years ago Kieran was just a toddler being cradled in her arms. Sara could only fear the worse of what was to arrive and nothing in the world could prepare Kieran for it.

It was her destiny.

"Yes, I have an appointment with the council." Sara muttered, adjusting the ray bans that perched her face. The young receptionist quickly typed away on the black keys and after awhile, Patricia was guiding Sara in an elevator. With a thankful smile, Sara got into the elevator.

Just as the doors closed, her face was bare and she immediately punched in the codes that had, overtime became engraved into her mind.