i truly hope she would grow out of this habit, it's alright now since she's young but as she gets older this sort of behaviour would be unacceptable. it's rather adorable now, but humans grow up too fast.

it's incredible how much one person can change under the right environment, she no longer is the timid and malnourished child. Sofia is indeed a Lawson now. It's obvious that she takes after me, not with the looks but with her attitude. it's like me fighting with my younger self.

i returned to my bedroom to take a shower, and get changed in peace. However on the hand, my daughter really doesn't respect my privacy. i had been just getting out of the shower when she barges through the bathroom doors.

i swiftly threw on a towel around my waist, "papa i want you to read me a bedtime story" she asks, not evening caring that i had just took a shower. "sofia, aren't you 8?" i say slyly, i studied my daughter's facial expression as she was lost for words, "and- papa aren't you-" she pauses and tries to count with her fingers, "like 28" she finishes, "15 + 8 is what, baby." i ask chuckling , "uh.." she recounts, "yeah aren't you like 23!" she says puffing her cheeks, "what a smart baby." i coo as i kiss her on the temple, "so yes, im 23, what about it?"

"agh papa is being unfair" she starts to pout, "alright i'll read you a bedtime story" i finally caved in, "really! papa is best" she says really happy, "now. let daddy get changed." i tell her, with that she exited my bathroom.

i had finished getting changed, and shortly made my way to my daughter's room to read her a bedtime story. i decided against reading classical fariytales and instead i'll tell the tales of me when i was younger.

Sofia

papa had finished telling me a story of when he was a kid, and it wasn't surprising that he charmed all the girls in his grade, so i asked him if i could charm the boys in my grade, and without letting me finish papa said no.

after papa gave me a goodnight kiss, then turned off my lights i drifted into slumberland. eventually i got thirsty so i woke up, and I couldn't find any glass of water. So I tiptoed out of my bedroom hoping not to wake anyone up, to my surprise the mansion is so quiet at night, i could hear my own breathing. i descended down the stairs to grab a glass of water, i knew papa wouldn't allow me to have any sort of glass in fear i'd hurt myself.

my hands were unstable while holding the glass, and i dropped the glass shattering it into pieces. My worst fear came true, i accidentally cut my foot with the glass, i really didn't want to go to papa since he's told me not to hold any glass.

i was just hoping he wouldn't be mad, so i hurried up to his room not bothering to knock, and I don't think I ever seen papa sleep. papa's sleeping form was peaceful, when i crept closer to have a look, he looked like a normal human. He wasn't guarding himself while he slept, "papa!!" i say waking him up, and with that papa's eyes fluttered open.

"mhm, what is it?" papa asks in his sleepy voice, perfect he can't be in a state to be mad at me!

"i cut myself" i say as i show him my foot, papa stares at the blood  before registering anything.

"let's get you cleaned." he says getting up, and carried me over to his bathroom. papa fixes me up and i ended up sleeping with papa at the end of the night, all cause i wanted a glass of water.

it was a good thing i didn't have school the next day, and that today papa, and I would buy things for thanksgiving dinner today! when i had fell asleep my face was buried into papa's chest, and when I woke up papa wasn't there. papa's bed really was big, i could fit 20 of me and it wouldn't fill the bed up, i had been sprawled out in the middle of the bed, "Did you sleep well? princess" i heard papa's voice and i saw him walking out of his bathroom with a towel hanging off his shoulder, then another towel wrapped around his waist.

i don't think i ever heard papa call me princess, is this what papa is like in the morning? i really like it. "i did daddy" i respond still rubbing the sleep away, "don't forget today we're going shopping." he tells me as he puts on a shirt, "papa, are you mad?" i ask him, "why would i be mad at you baby?"

... something feels off, he's being extra affectionate. "because i used a glass" i tell him, "well.. usually i'd be mad, but that's alright. We all make mistakes." papa tells me as he walks back into the bathroom to change into pants, i rolled onto the bed a little more since it was really comfortable.

i had started petting the bed cover since it was super soft, "..are you done petting my bed?" papa's voice interrupting my thoughts, "huh" then i realised i been petting the cover for 10 mins zoned out. "yes! i am going to change" i say and started to slide off papa's bed, "alright, be ready for breakfast" he tells me as i exit his bedroom.

vote

comment

follow ❤️

published: 9.27.21