«23»

Diego

when i am aware that my daughter is asleep, i gently shut the doors, and make my way down the hallway.

i need answers now, and i just want to uncover the truth, the whole mess makes my head throb.

the main reason why I even suggested going over to my parents place for a whole damn week, is because of my daughter.

I've came across portraits of my daughter, as a baby.

even her name is embedded onto the photograph, i couldn't help but feel.. my blood boil.

'Sofia Roselyn Lawson'

it had everything, her birth certificate, to her baby blanket.

everything I knew up to now, didn't seem to make sense.

i saw my mother sitting on the couch, up straight, under the dimly lit living room.

"so.. you found them, huh." my pathetic stepmother begins to say, as it was apparent I had the files, along with the photograph.

i didn't respond, but merely just mhm in response.

"it really isn't .. like what you think, that is going through your mind." she starts to explain,

"no, you're right. so tell me.." I trail off, and my eyes began to illuminate with fiery, dark aura surrounding me.

"why the fuck do you have this in your possession." i say seething in fiery, as i hold the photograph in front of her face.

i could see my stepmother gulping, and i knew that, there was no turning back.

i am after all bloodthirsty for savagery, it was in my nature to seek vengeance, people may call me the devil's spawn, but I consider myself the devil.. especially when one has touch something of mine.

"her mother, she made a deal with us." she musters the voice to speak, "what sort of deal." i utter low enough to an audible whisper,

i become a menace when it comes to my daughter.

"first. will you please relax." she continues, i knew that she hated the atmosphere, everything was dark and malicious to her.

but I didn't care.

"she had nothing, son."

"you don't have the right to say that." I say bluntly.

"she wanted money. so, of course i sent her some. what she did with it, is all up to her."

"and.. how does this relate to a deal you made with her?" i question with authority.

"you see, i wanted to be part of that child's life too, but only sending money is what she allowed, so the best thing she gave us is photographs, and certificate." my stepmother finishes as she takes a breath.

i stumble back a bit, none of these excuses make up for, why my daughter endured hell.

"then. that baby, was that sofia? was I holding sofia." i question, and I became weak just thinking about my daughter, the aura I held vanished within seconds, just with the thought of, perhaps everything she went through is my fault.

my voice began to feel weak, but i knew it was a trick of my stepmother.

"..yes, it was. i didn't have the courage to tell you, the babe was yours." she proceeds to say, and by now we were both facing each other, sitting across.