«22»

Sofia

i get to go to my grandparents place for a week, and daddy is coming as well!

when I woke up I forgot I had snuck into dad's room during my sleepwalking phase, so here I am, laying at the foot of the bed with my feet facing towards the head of the bed.

i have to say, it was comfy, i am here for it.

"great you're up. have you seen my navy blue boxer?" i hear dad's voicing chiming in, as he rummages through his wardrobe and chest dresser.

"Eh? no, I don't know where, but don't you own like multiple boxers?" i ask in a matter-fact tone, "i know, but they're just my favourite" dad goes on saying, which i peek down at my legs, and realised I was wearing them.

"yeahh, sorry dad. i don't know where they are" I say solemnly, which he sighs before settling on another boxer of his.

while he was distracted, I managed to make my way out of his room, and down my hallway and into my room.

phew, it almost like I could have been caught, who would've thought that dad has a favourite.

getting changed and ready for the day was easy, next I have to pack a week of clothes.

i flung my suitcase onto my bed, and went through my wardrobe pulling every possible clothes I would want to wear, before settling on 7 outfits.

oh, and if you must know, I did change out of my dad's boxer, I'll have to give it back to dad, and have it appear back in his possession magically!!

i zipped up my suitcase, and realised I needed to pack hygienes as well, I had checked my phone to see my period tracker.

I grimaced as i looked at the predictable period day.

today. it was gonna happen today, at some point, i know that period trackers aren't like accurate all the time, but it gives you the gist of one.

i was quick to check my supply cabinet, and I saw one.. just a singular pad.

well that's a problem, i never been faced with such a dilemma. We were leaving to their place in less than 30 minutes.

after a long moment of contemplation, i resigned and decided to pester dad about it.

"dad. dad. dad." i say repeatedly, even though he heard me the first time as he was busy finalizing some paper, "daughter. daughter. daughter" dad mimics me, which I pretend to feel offended.

"so like, i ran out of period supplies." I just cut to the chase, "now that's a problem" my dad says assessing the information I just shared with him.

"um. yes, it is a problem. because according to my tracker, it's going to happen today." i brought up as dad was still thinking!!

we probably would be by the store by now, if dad isn't such a long thinker.

it's not that he takes his time to think, he does that to annoy me.

"we mustn't waste time now." dad retorts in such a upperclassmen accent,

"okay Rumpelstiltskin" which earns a laugh from dad.

we decided on picking up the supplies on our way there, so after we drove for 30 minutes, we made a pitstop at a surprisingly nice gas station.

"Dad, what did you buy me?" i ask, which he showed me the way and I read the label as 'kotex'

"hey! dad doesn't that sound like durex?" i say sheepishly, "mhm, if you say so" dad responds, trying to get off the topic of condoms.

"this, and this, oh and this" i tell him as we make our way to the cashier.