«24»

Sofia

we're already 3 days into being at my grandparents, and I love every minute of it, even if grandma is keeping some secrets from me, or dad.

i mean, what kind of secret is it though?

today I want to do a science experience, placing mentos in gallon soda bottles, dad was opposed to the idea since it'll be such a mess.

however! grandpa was there to back me up, so here we are, outside in the backyard, with 6 bottles lined up, sitting on the plastic tables and mentos ready to be placed.

dad had asked me to wear some clothes I didn't mind getting dirty in, which I found, and so I had my goggles on, and I love pretending to be such a smart scientist, even though i don't understand the boring science.

"Okay. You ready? Champ" grandpa asks me, but I quickly turn to dad,

"dad! do you have your camera on?" i ask, to which he responds with a yes.

"okay. let's do this," i say, i wanted to get the effect of one going higher and then the other one following, it'll be a rainbow trifecta.

red, orange, yellow, blue, green, purple!

i quickly put the mentos in and was fast enough to get to a safe distance.

even though dad was opposed to it, i saw that he was amused at the trifecta.

"see dad? Science is so fun!" i say, with soda residue on my hair.

"it was fun, watching you enjoying yourself." dad retorts with a gentle expression, and i beam at him, he never does those gentle expressions.

"thanks dad" i say, taking my goggles off, and grandpa was clearing off the table,

"now, let's get you cleaned" dad proceeds to say, as he mentions the soda on my hair.

"okay. Thanks for doing this with me! and thanks grandpa" i say, which they both give a genuine smile.

"no problem, champ. we can do this anytime" gramps says, which i am satisfied to hear.

so dad ushers me back into the house, and we made it to the bathroom, "Now I'm assuming you can manage to clean yourself" dad says, "no, you're gonna have to clean me" i say, joking.

which dad gives me that stern look, before I say yes.

"good. also, give me my favourite boxer back" dad concludes as he leaves the bathroom.

...how did he know

i didn't even give it back to him, or find the time to put it back, how did he find out, i swear dads' must have superpowers.

after the shower, i change into casual wear, and began to skip down the corridor, until I hear an argument match going on.

"That's my fucking daughter, i have every right." the voice belonging to my daddy says, in a very harsh tone.

i suddenly became concern for my own life, they're talking about me?

i became more interested now, so I went still remaining quiet.

"i know. i know that very well, i am sorry." grandma's voice says weakly.

what did grandma do?