Darkness

Third person's point of view

After what seemed like an Eternity Owen Anderson finally came back inside, more upset, and more tear stained then before. He walked up the creaky stairs and into the doorway for the once young Gracie's room. Owen stared upon a sleeping Caleb on the floor of her room. The letter thrown half way across the room and the envelope the letter came in torn up besides him. His hair was a mess and going in every direction. The oldest Anderson leaned up against the doorway for the room, watching his youngest brother sleep, fresh tears slipping out of his shut eyes. Owen's heart ached for his brothers but he longed for Gracie. He's been longing for Grace since the day he lost her, 4 years ago. He longed to hold her again, to hear her sweet laugh, he longed for the away she made him feel on a bad day, He longed for her to return and to love her again, but he knew that wasn't going to happen causing him to miss her more.  He tried to convince himself that is was her fault, that she was to blame for the death of their mother, but deep down Owen knew it was just to not feel guilty for hurting her, and causing a miserable life for his sister. He knew that Gracie was just as hurt as he and his brothers were, but he decided that day when he found out that he was gonna make Gracie hurt more, suffer more, but not for the reasons you may not think, but because he couldn't handle the death of his mother, so he pushed all of his angry, all his sadness, every bad feeling he ever had onto Gracie. He didn't want to feel anything, he wanted to be numb. So he pushed every feeling out and pushed it on Gracie, he was so caught up in his feeling he didn't look to see what he was doing to her. His body burned for Gracie, for what he was doing to her, every cry at night, every scream, every sob that escaped her mouth, every sleepless night, his body would burn, his body felt as if it was on fire, burning everything in it's path. His body knew something wasn't right with Gracie, but his mind refused to believe that she was hurt, that he caused that pain. So he ignored his body and listened to his mind, so his body burned his mind, his body made him ache and sore. Owen Anderson knew that his family was cruel and unfair to the poor Gracie, to the girl who had lost her mother, and piece of herself. Owen hated the way he and his family ruined Gracie, even if she forgave him. He knew he would never forgive himself, and he was going to spend the rest of his life making it up to her. 

If he ever saw her again.

Owen crept out of the room shutting the door behind him. He turned around to be faced with the second oldest Anderson, with teary eyes and red face. Owen knew that he was going to have to face it sooner or later. So he grabbed Noah by the arm, pulling him into his room. Owen sat on his bed, while Noah refused to sit down.

Noah Anderson looked Owen in the eyes and sighed, for he looked just as bad as him or even worse. He knew that Owen was struggling, but he wasn't going to admit it. Noah knew that Owen didn't leave the property, for the rest of the Anderson's did. Noah knew that Owen was hurting just as the rest of them, and he knew that Owen blamed himself for Gracie and he knew that Owen was gonna fight her being gone for as long as he can. " We need to find her" Noah's voice was quiet but determined. Noah was gonna look for his sister with or without them, he needed his sister. He needed to know how much he loved her, and missed her all this time. Owen's face showed pure shock, he knew that if Gracie wanted to hide, then you wouldn't find her. " What do you mean" Owen was going to do just about anything to have her back, and if that means sleepless nights and rereading her letters over an over again he will. He hasn't seen anyone else letters, but he knew that they were just as heart clenching as his. " I need to find her, I need Gr- her back" Noah didn't dare to say her name as if it would pull her farther away, he hadn't uttered her name in awhile, he almost forgot the was it rolled over his tongue. Owen knew the struggle of say her name, he would say it in his head over and over again but never said it out loud scared of what his brothers would say. " I know, but how do say we find her. I haven't spoken to her in at least a year" Owen's heart ached for what he just said, finally realizing the way she was living wasn't living. She would hid in her room from them, never dared to say anything. He scared her so bad that she wouldn't come out of her room. " do you know her friends" Owen's voice was eager, he was hopeful that she opened up to anyone. Noah knew nothing about his little sister, she had been gone from his life for awhile. He knew that she was in the house but never saw her. Noah shook his head, saying he knew nothing. Owen put his head in his hands, rubbing his face. He ran his fingers into his hair, his his finger over the knots. Owen tried to remember why Gracie wasn't at the house the night before, why their mother had to go get her. That's when a name popped into his mind, James Dawson. He was the best friend of Gracie growing up, he remembered her running around the house with James. That night, Gracie went over James' house for a sleepover, then called crying the next morning. He knew out of all the years of knowing Gracie and the Anderson's family they never showed to the funeral, or even called. Owen Anderson raised his head out of his hands and locked eyes with his younger Brother and uttered the two words that could solve where his beloved sister was.

" James Dawson"

Noah's eyes grew huge, remembering him and his friendship with his sister. He nodded his head to Owen and left his room. Noah's head racked with ideas, and what really happened that morning, Gracie was never one to cry, so when Their mothers heard the sobs of her daughter from the other end she raced out of their house for Gracie. Noah wished he would of just offered to go, or told her to come back home right after. Noah laid on his bed, his thoughts running around, not calming themselves. Noah was tired he hasn't slept since the leaving of his Gracie, but he could now sleep for he may just have found a way to her. And with that Noah Anderson closed his eyes, finally getting the sleep his body craved. But little did her know that going to James wouldn't make anything clear except make everything more foggy. For James knew more than he way saying, and his family was behind it.