Xael waited on the passenger side while Adam came to get her. She also wanted out of the dress she had on, like now. Seeing how there was no one else out with it being Sunday evening, she unwrapped herself from the blanket.

"Hold this up for me Adam."

"Huh, what are you doing babe?"

"I want out of your mom's dress."

"Are you seriously getting naked out on the street?!"

"Yes!"

Over her head with the piece of fabric, Adam quickly wrapped her in the blanket.

"Let's get you in the apartment!" Adam picked her up to carry her upstairs.

"I can walk Adam!"

"No!" He was still extra protective of her, especially now that she was butt naked and out in public. He quickly sprinted up the stairs and got her into the apartment. Back in the safety of the apartment, Xael relaxed in her Mates arms, nuzzling into him. She wanted to cry but was too exhausted.

"I need a shower." Xael didn't even bother taking clothes with her. Adam let her go. While she was in the shower, he wanted to make sure his dad had made it home alright. Before placing the call, he lit some sage, he figured Xael would need it when she came out of the bathroom. He relaxed on the bed and called his dad. Xael meanwhile cranked on the hot water. She kinda wished she had another medicine bundle as she felt her body getting achey.

"Hey dad, you make it home okay?"

"Yeah, how's Xael, she didn't look so good."

"She's in the shower, I have no doubt that once her head hits the pillow she'll be out."

"Good, So how are you doing son. You also have been through a lot today."

"Yeah, I've kinda gotten used to it being with her. But it was a bit much today, even she's kinda had enough of it."

"Well you two just stay strong, things will get better."

"I know, I know." Just then Xael opened the bathroom door. All she had on was a robe. She practically dove into the bed, tossing the robe to the floor, she curled up against her Alpha. Ears and tail were back. Adam could tell she was still pretty weak. Her purring started almost immediately.

"Hey dad, I'm gonna let you go, she's out of the bathroom."

"Okay, you two take care, talk soon son. Love you guys."

"Love you too."

Adam kissed and nuzzled his Omega, letting out a soft growl as he picked up her wonderful scent. He needed a shower, seeing how she was out, he let her be. He didn't want to spend to long away from her given her current state so after a quick shower he put on a pair of boxers and returned to the bed.

{Thanks for the sage Adam}

He laid down next to her for a bit. He nuzzled her forehead, her furry ears tickled his face. He growled again, soft and low to put her at ease. "Get some sleep baby."

She snuggled under the covers, her large tail coming up to cover her face. Adam leaned against the headboard, seeing how it was only about 7pm he wanted to touch base real quick with Chief Houser, if he couldn't join them tomorrow, he wanted to make sure either he or Max could be with them. With Xael finally settled and asleep, he called Houser.

"Hey Adam!"

"Hey Cheif, you got a minute?"

"I do, everything okay?'

"Yeah, I was wondering if you wouldn't mind going with Xael and Ms. Emma tomorrow. They have a meeting with the homicide dectectives concerning her parents. I'm not sure I can get away tomorrow to go with them."

"Oh wow. That must be the cold case I've been hearing about?"

"Oh really?"

"Yeah, seems they caught a lucky break after someone squealed to cut a deal."

"Wow."

"I know. Yeah I'll be down there with them."

"Thanks, I know they'll appreciate it. I was going to ask Max if you weren't able to make it."

"I should be fine, if not I'll send one of the guys down"

"Thanks, I really appreciate it."

"Not a problem."

Call over, Adam looked for a movie to watch, the shower had him wide awake. It was only 8pm so he wanted to stay up for a bit. Settling in for the evening, Adam's phone rang, it was Ms. Emma.

"Adam dear? Is Xael with you? She's not answering her phone."

"Yes ma'am, she's sleeping. She's had something of a rough day."

"I see. Did the visit with your Grandmother not go well?"

"Ms. Emma, I don't even know where or how to begin."

"That's okay dear, I'll talk to her about it tomorrow on the way into the city. Let her know I'll meet her at the diner in the morning."

"I will." The call ended and Adam returned to what as now a quiet evening.