Chapter 77

Third person POV

"The Scouts should be retreating now," Gwen mumbled, slowly regenerating. "I have an advantage now. . .I'm controlling the titans."

Just as Gwen thought everything was going as planned, she heard cries and shot of flares. She cocked her head to the direction, seeing the soldiers carrying out a cavalry charge.

"What are they doing? This was not the plan. . ." Gwen pondered. "Why are they. . .ah--"

She knelt back, clutching her chest.

"Wh. . .why i-is it so hard to b-breathe. . .?" Her breathing became labored as her chest tightens and she felt her head being banged by hammers.

She got on her feet weakly, trying not to fall down.

She felt like she was running out of air; slowly becoming unconscious.

"N-no. . ." She fought the darkness devouring her, giving all her strength. She lets out on final roar, commanding all titans at her will to charge straight to the Beast Titans.

And as the titans ran up to the Beast Titan, Gwen slumped down to her knees again, slowly feeling herself dying.

--

"MY SOLDIERS RAGE! MY SOLDIERS SCREAM! MY SOLDIERS FIGHT!"

With those words, every single soldier marched straight to hell as they died fighting for humanity.

It costs hundreds of lives, Erwin's even, just for a gamble Erwin knew he'd win.

A horde of titans and soldiers came charging to the Beast Titan, all for humanity's sake.

As the Beast Titan got caught up in the cries of soldiers and titans, Levi swiftly zipped through the remaining titans that stood by the Beast's right side; cleanly slashing each nape.

Levi turned to his right, seeing a female titan on her knees. His eyes widened in dire worry, "Just hold on brat," he mumbled and continued slicing his way.

---

"Why is Eren not moving?" Hiruka mumbled as he got over the wall as ordered by Erwin. He approached the unconscious titan below despite the Colossal Titan nearing him.

"Lieutenant Hiruka!" Armin called. "The plan is falling apart, but we defeated Reiner!"

Hiruka nodded, "Arlert try waking him up, I'll in attacking the Colossal Titan."

Armin nodded as Hiruka maneuvered away and attempts attacking Bertholdt together with the other scouts.

"Lieutenant, how's Gwen?" Kinn asked, landing beside Hiruka.

"She was able to control the titans, but she seems to be falling weaker. . .I'm afraid she's slowly dying. . ."

Kinn's eyes widened as he faced the ground, tears falling. "She'll make it, she's not the kind to give up." And he zipped off to the Colossal Titan.

---

This is it. The battle is over. Bertholdt thought, seeing Eren laying helpless on the ground. We'll finally be home. He turned to the view above the wall, seeing their top priority in plain sight.

"Zeke should've taken care of her easily. . ." But he focused on Eren, a smile stretching across his face as he thought of sweet victory.

This is it--

SLASH!

Huh? Bertholdt wondered.

Eren jumped from behind, placing a clean slice across the Colossal Titan's nape; finally defeating it.