Chapter 58

Levi's POV

No sign of Gwen or Eren and the other cadet. Then I saw another cadet in the hands of the titan on Reiner's back. Historia Reiss. How did she end up there? I shook all thoughts off and focused on finding Gwen, then I noticed the Armored Titan's hand crossed over his chest. They must be in his palm.

I quickly ungrappled my hooks from the titan as they smashed with the others, then I landed on my horse, galloping it to a safer distance.

I watched as the Armored Titan struggled to be free, waiting for him to open his hand.

They had to be in his hands.

Then a few minutes later, he raises his hand. There. I galloped closer to get a closer look, then I saw two persons on his shoulder, one strapped to the other. . .it was just Bertholdt and Eren, no sign of Gwen anywhere.

Reiner successfully managed to tear every titan in his way, then he continued running forward.

Anger welled up inside of me upon seeing the traitors, remembering what they did to Gwen.

I unsheathed my blades and attached my hooks to the Armored Titan. As I rose midair, the soldiers below me cried, "Shinzou Wo Sasageyo!" Then Eren's trembling eyes met my cold ones, I dashed for him and Bertholdt only to be met with the an armed hand, making me act on instict and avoided it.

I cursed as the hand covered Bertholdt and Eren once again. Then I landed on the knuckles and spoke coldly, "Oi Bertholdt, traitor, give Eren and Gwen back."

I didn't receive any reply, making me all the more furious. "Where's Gwen." I spoke threatingly, still not receiving any respond. "I'll cut you out there myself, bastard. I'll make you suffer like how you made her suffer, like how you made everyone suffer."

My knuckles turned white as I gripped tightly on my blades, then I grappled downards, aiming for both of his unarmored ankles and successfully sliced it.

The Armored Titan knelt to the ground, unable to walk as I sliced both ankles, but it was regenerating again.

I then grappled upward and rose, successfully blinding his eyes, then I landed on Reiner's head.

"I'll ask again, where is Gwen." I asked calmly, but anger filling me inside. Tch, fine.

Then the cadets from the 104th appeared, Ackerman leading them. Titans were slowly swarming around us again, then I noticed the small titan that used to hung on Reiner's back was no longer there.

I grappled lower again and swooshed by his left arm, slicing the armpit in the process. His arm fell to his side, then Mikasa did the same and sliced the right, then both hands uncovered Bertholdt and Eren again.

Mikasa dashed for them, but her attempt failed. She was caught off guard as she was falling, a titan about to catch her when Kirchstein took her first.

I gritted my teeth and threw my shattered blades and replaced the new ones, then I grappled for the jaw and clicked the gas. I ascended diagonally and passed the two individuals, successfully cutting the strap that held Bertholdt and Eren together.

Eren was now freed as he was falling, then Mikasa caught him just in time.
I watched them settle on a horse safely, then I returned my attention back to the Armored Titan.

As soon as Reiner realized they had lost Eren, he changed directions and started charging towards Eren and Mikasa.

"Full retreat!" Erwin shouted.

I widened my eyes. Retreat? We still haven't retrieved Gwen yet. . . I quickly mounted on my horse and caught up with Eren and Erwin whose horses trotted side by side.

"Why are we retreating!" I half-shouted at Erwin, then my eyes landed on his decapitated arm.

"We'll retreat for now, we need to prepare another plan for Gwen." Erwin calmly replied.

"We don't have any other chance to get her back if we don't do it now!" My heart raced, sweat and blood staining my skin. . .I need to save her.

"Captain," Eren said weakly, gripping tightly on Mikasa as he cried on her shoulder, "it's impossible getting my sister out. R-Reiner swallowed her and kept her in his stomach."

I froze, my lips parted, eyes widened and my pupils dilated at what he said.
I slowly craned my neck to look down on my horse's reigns. I gritted my teeth and closed my eyes, shutting everything out for a moment.

Erwin then spoke, "Levi, I promise we'll get--"

I clicked my tongue and pulled on my stallion's reigns, turning my direction back to the Armored Titan. I inhaled sharply and came galloping at full speed.

A small titan approached Reiner, instantly he picked it up and threw it towards me. I dodged it, but it hit Erwin, Eren and Mikasa's horses, sending them flying into farther areas.

"Shit," but I continued charging, alone.

Then I heard hooves catching up with me, I turned to my side and saw Hiruka with his squad and my squad.

"Give us your orders, Captain!" Gunther shouted.

I nodded and turned back to my emotionless face. "Oluo and Gunther, kill the titans surrounding the Armored Titan. Eld and Petra, go for the back of the knees." They all nodded and shot their hooks.

"For Gwen and Yuki." I heard Hiruka and his members mumbled.

I continued galloping under the Armored Titan until I found the perfect angle to reach Bertholdt. My target was locked on his head, then I attached my hooks and shot up, as I was inches away, a giant hand swatted me, but I was quick to react. I ran on its arm and stabbed both of my blades on both of his eyes, blinding him again.

How can we cut his stomach open? It's covered with armor.

Hiruka's squad were cutting every uncovered part of the body, slowing him down.

I landed on his nape then stabbed my blade, but it really is useless, it shattered.

Then something caught my eye. Titans were eating their own kind.

What's happening?

Then as Reiner approached Eren with Mikasa injured on his back, Eren face him with a furious face and yelled something, he was too far for us to hear.

Then the ground rumbled as more titans came charging towards our direction, making me lose my balance on the shoulder. I quickly grappled on the Armored Titan's knees but it sent me falling to the ground harshly.

My horse approached me then I mounted quickly. "Fall back!" Everyone got back on their horses and we galloped farther, watching the Armored Titan being swarmed with titans. They were trying to eat him.

"W. . .What is happening?" I muttered, shocked and confused. "G-G-Gwen is inside that bastard's body. . ."

Then I felt my horse moving on its own, then I realized Hiruka was pulling the reigns.

"Captain Levi, Erwin wanted us to retreat now! It's too dangerous!"

I pulled back my reigns from him but Eld forced it back.

"Captain, please listen to Commander Erwin!" Eld pleaded. "Commander will make a better plan and save Gwen, for now we'll retreat. She's strong, she'll survive until you come back for her. She'll understand, Captain."

And just like that, I weakly held onto the reigns, not taking my eyes off the Armored Titan.

"Gwen. . ."

Then we retreated back to the walls.