Chapter 16

Levi's POV

I just came back from the breaching in Wall Rose saving the cadet brats.

I stood up from my desk after finishing my paperworks, my insomnia kicked in again, so I went outside the HQ and to the garden of roses, Gwen's place whenever she can't sleep.

The moon shines over me keeping company, I plucked the best rose in the garden and walked towards the back of the headquarters.

Decay roses lays in her grave, I picked those 34 roses and carried it into the trash bin along with more 513 decayed roses.

I lay a newly picked rose. Ever since her death, there was never a day where I'd never visit this grave. It's been two years since Gwen's death, but I still miss her, I still want her back, I sometimes cry myself to sleep and sometimes dream of her and I talk to this grave about things that has been happening.

"Hey, brat." I spoke like hopefully Gwen can hear me, "I just came from Wall Rose, it has been breached. I'm not used to fighting without you by my side. We just discovered a titan shifter, his name's Eren Yeager, he reminds me of you. He's been placed in a cell and his trial occurs in 2 days, his fate is yet to be decided." I wiped a tear falling.

"He might be our only hope, Gwen! And when it's all over, we can finally see each other again." I gently brush my fingers against her tombstone, I took the bracelet in my hands and kissed it.

"I-I s-so sorry," I start to cry, "if only I believed you, if only I trusted you more, my pride and anger took over me. If only I hadn't listen to that Petra bitch."

Flashback

1 month after Gwen's death

A knock came from my door.

"Fuck off." I said coldly without knowing the person who just knocked.
"It's Petra Ral, sir." She said from the other side.

"What do you want?"

"I think you need some comfort, sir. You haven't left your room for a month." She says in a concern tone.

"I don't need anyone right now, cadet."

"Well sir, if you need me, I'll be in my room."

"Tch."

She walks away. I've been depressed ever since Gwen died, I don't care if she cheated on me, I still want her back.

I decided to seek comfort and find Petra.

I made my way towards her room and knocks on her door. No answer, "oi, Ral." Still no answer. I twisted the doorknob and stepped in, she's not in her room. On her table, I saw a book full of scribbles lying. I peeked the book to see scribbles and erasures of Gwen's signature.

What the hell.

She was forging Gwen's signature. I flipped through the pages, this is Petra's diary.

'Dear diary,

I successfully broke Levi and Gwen off. Levi thinks she cheated on him with Hiruka. Gwen even had to explain while crying to Levi and he won't believe her. Ha, pathetic! He'll slowly find comfort to me, I was there for him when he had no one, but he still chose her, how blind can he be???

Whatever, he's mine now.

THAT BITCH. PETRA WAS BEHIND EVERYTHING, SHE'S THE REASON FOR MY MISERY. SHE'S THE REASON I BROKE GWEN'S HEART.

AND SHE'LL FUCKING PAY.

End of flash back.

"I'll be leaving now, Gwen. I'll visit you tomorrow again."

I stood up and walked back to my room.