Chapter 66

Levi's POV

The stars looked so beautiful tonight. Are you seeing them now, Gwen?

Tch. No, probably not.

But atleast we're still under the same sky.

After staring at the sky for minutes, I faced back to the road our wagon was on. Hanji just found out where they possibly might be -- under the old chapel owned by the Reiss Family that was massacred by bandits years ago.

"Kenny Ackermann is a very cautious man."

Ackerman is Kenny's last name, and I can't seem to get it out of my head.

I pinched the bridge of my nose, getting my shit together.

We'll retrieve them this time. For sure.

"How long till we get there?" I asked, irritated.

"There's the chapel, Captain." Jean replied, pointing to a wooden building that stood a few meters away from where we are.

I nodded, tensing up. "Were the other cadets able to return to HQ?" I asked Hiruka, wondering if my squad and his squad did as I say. I decided I only need a handful of cadets to get through this mission and those are: Mikasa, Armin, Jean, Conny, Sasha, Hanji's squadmate -- Moblit, Hanji, and Hiruka.

He nodded in reply, tightening his low ponytail. "We're here."

Third person's POV

The scouts went inside the empty chapel cautiously, checking for anyone around.

"Here it is." Levi spoke in a low voice. "A secret door."

They all gathered around it, the atmosphere filled with tension.

Titans aren't the only enemies of humanity. Hiruka thought to himself, hearing Gwen's voice.

"Are you ready to get your hands dirtied?"

An underground hideout with crystal walls, crystal pillars, crystal floors, and crystal ceilings. About 30 men hid within its pillars, armed heavily with deadly guns as they expect an ambush.

Then three, small bags came rolling down the crystal stairwell, landing in the center of the room.

A woman spoke, "What is that?"

Right as she said those words, the scouts barged in. Some were shooting green flares, while Sasha had her arrow burning with flames by the tip, hitting the three bags.

Then it exploded, filling the place with smoke.

"24, 32," Levi mumbled, counting the men as he flew around discreetly, "35. There are 35 all hiding behind the pillars!"

Everyone scattered around the place. Humans and humans fighting against each other.

But Levi had other matters to attend to. A bullet was coming straight at him, luckily he was fast enough to dodge. He sticked to the crystal wall, teeth gritted as he scanned the area.

He turned to the zipping sounds. Kenny came at him, aiming his gun but Levi quickly grappled to different pillars and aimed for his head. He steadied his blade and attempted to slice Kenny, but Kenny countered the attack with his gun.

"Tch."

Levi continued maneuvering around and so did Kenny as they clashed swords and guns from time to time. Then Kenny disappeared. Levi shot forward, searching hard for Kenny then he heard a cackle.

"Didn't I tell you not to always face forward when looking for an enemy?"

Levi swerved to the side, barely dodging the bullet. Kenny was now chasing him around as he searched for an oppurtunity, then he saw it.

Levi grappled to a small pillar and charged at Kenny, and as they clashed, Levi successfully slashed Kenny's abdomen with his blade, blood spraying on the clear floor.

Kenny had his hand clutched over his wound, giving Levi the oppurtunity to speak. "Where is she!"

"I'd rather die than tell you, you runt!" Kenny scoffed as he maneuvered farther with Levi chasing him.

"To the last defensive unit!" shouted the blonde woman, who seems to be second in command of Kenny's crew.

The whole crew rushed for the end of the room; to a big hole as the scouts chased them, until they stopped as they saw Hanji passed out on the floor, bleeding.

"Kinn, let it down!" shouted the same woman as a dirty blond boy cut the ropes, letting a net fall to cover the hole.

The scouts stopped in their tracks, seeing as there were two entrances both blocked by nets.

"Shit." Levi cursed, "At this rate Eren will be eaten."

Mikasa darted her eyes to where Eren was, widening as light blazed in the direction. "Eren!"

"It's a titan transformation. . ." stuttered Armin.

The wind was forcefully pushing everyone away while the grounds shook as the ceiling was starting to crumble.

"Armin, Moblit, take Hanji and get out of here!"

The two nodded their heads and hurriedly walked back with Hanji on their arms. Then Levi saw the other entrance no longer has a net.

"Everyone go there!" Levi said, pointing to a small hole, "It might lead us inside."

Tears and blood were running down Eren's face. He watched in fear as Rod Reiss slowly by slowly transforms into a titan.

"Historia get out of here! Leave me!" Eren cried.

"I might be an enemy of humanity, but I am still your ally!" Historia shouted back. Just as she was about to unlock Eren's feet, the strong wind pushed her towards the wall. Luckily, Mikasa caught her in time before she could hit her head.

"Give me the keys!" Levi shouted, takin the keys in Historia's hand and hurriedly freed Eren's hands. "Conny, his feet."

Conny nodded, successfully freeing Eren of his last shackle as they dragged him away just in time before a debris came falling.

"It's h-hopeless. . ." Eren said.

"Are you saying we'll just stand here, waiting to die!" Historia yelled.

The cadets were in an argument with Eren as Levi and Hiruka just watch the scene infront of them. A gigantic titan, possibly bigger than the Colossal.

"This is crazy," Hiruka mumbled.

"Tch. If Eren won't make a choice in time, who knows what will happen?" Levi commented, then he turned to Eren. "Make a choice, Eren."

Eren turned to him, eyes trembling. He nodded, taking a small battle in his hands and ran forward, biting his hand and transformed.

"This will be the last for now." Zeke said, transferring Gwen's blood to a small vial.

"Kenny should be back later," Reiner said to Zeke, "with Eren."

Gwen's eyes widened upon hearing Reiner. "N-no. . .don't tell me." She watched the two men talking infront of her, both in a deep conversation.

Something must have happened to Kinn. No, that can't be it. I didn't teach him to just simply give up. Gwen thought to herself. He'll make it to Levi and explain everything.

Gwen looked down on her arms, crystallizing and decrystallizing out of boredom.

It's only a matter of time before Kenny comes back here with Eren.

And that's it. We're all done for.