Chapter 30

"Hey, Jean!" Connie shouts once he noticed Jean bringing a person with him.

"Commander Erwin!" Jean salutes. "I found this woman emerging from the other Female Titan's body."

All eyes widened including Levi's. "For real?" Hiruka questions.

"Yes lieutenant."

"Good job, Kirchstein." Erwin acknowledges. He bends down to the level of the kneeling woman.

"May I know your name?" Erwin asks gently. But she refused to speak.

"Oi, brat-"

"Don't force her Levi."

"Tch."

"Can we atleast see your face?" Erwin says as his hand slowly reaches for the hood. Then she yanks her head away, obviously don't want to let them know her identity.

Then Erwin continues speaking. "You may not tell us your name now, but we will soon know during your trial day."

---

Operation capture the Female Titan wasn't really successful, because Annie crystallized herself inside an indestructable crystal which made alot of soldier furious.

Then everyone heads back to headquarters after a tiring day.

Levi's POV

Tch, fucking fruitless mission.

I sit in my bed as I gently massage my injured ankle.

For the very first time ever since the day of her death, I didn't visit her grave. I swore I would move on. But how can I when all I think about is you, Gwen?

There hasn't been a day she hasn't been on my mind. Her face, her strong-willed personality, her beautiful smile, it haunts me every night. Maybe I'm just not meant to move on?

I attached my eyes to the bracelet, the only thing left of her.

Why did you leave me?

I should've followed my mind, to ignore love in this cruel world, where one can just instantly get eaten by a titan.

Then I weep myself to sleep, again.

---

A knock came from my door the next day. "Name and business." I said lazily.

"Armin Arlert, sir. Commander Erwin wants you in his office right now." And he walks away.

What does he want now?

I did my usual morning routine. After, I walked my way to Erwin's office. I twisted the knob and stepped inside.

"Goodmorning Levi." Erwin greets.

"Tch. Why this early?"

"Grumpy as ever." Erwin chuckles.

"Tch. Let's get this over with."

Erwin sat upright in his chair as I sit opppsite to him.
"As you know, the woman behind the brown or red haired female titan is behind bars, for now. Same as Eren went through, she will be brought into court in 2 days time."

I nod and Erwin continues.

"The Military Police will be vying for her, and you know me, I won't let that happen. We'll have to do anything to have her in our custody."

---

Trial day

Levi's POV

I arrived at court together with the other Survey Corps soldiers except for Eren and the rest of his claas who decided to stay at HQ and rest.

"Hi! What's your name!" Hanji beams at the cloaked woman behind bars.

"Tch. She won't respond Four-Eyes."

Hanji opens the cell with a key and shows a pair of handcuffs infront of her. "Do you mind if I put these on you hands?"

I mentally facepalmed at her stupidness, she may be smart but stupid.

"I'll take that as a no." She says and locks her hand with the handcuffs and escorts her inside the courtroom.

I sit boredly beside Erwin and Mike as we wait for the judge, Darius Zackley, to start the trial. Opposite to us, are the merchant pigs and the military cowards.

"Goodmorning everyone." Darius greets. "Today, another titan shifter has been sent to this court for her trial, whether she gets experimented on by the Military Police, or fight alongside with the Scout Regiment."

"Let us start."

"So I see this lady refuses to share any whereabouts. Let us proceed then to what the Military Police will have to propose." Darius spoke.

"Just like what we proposed during the other shifter's trial, we will be studying and dissecting her. For we sure know she is a threat!" They continued speaking until it was our turn.

"Commander Erwin."

"I, Erwin Smith, commandef of the 13th battalion army of the Scout Regiment would like to say a few things: she would fight with us during expeditions using her abilities, and just like Eren Yeager, she will be under the custody of Lance Corporal Levi. That is all."

Darius nods and carries on. "This is the time, young lady, where you'll give us informations about yourself."

But she still didn't respond, and Darius and the Military Police were growing impatient.

Darius exhales sharply and spoke. "If you refuse to give us information, then I will be handing you to the Military Police."

I turned to see Erwin's eyes widened at what Darius said, then Erwin nods at me.

I jumped from the railing and started walking towards her.

Then I swing my foot across her face. Everyone gasped at my sudden action but I ignored it. Then I kneed her in the stomach and she starts spitting blood. Then I continuously swing my foot in her face but her hood was still intact.

"Are you deaf?" Then I kicked her again.

"Stubborn brat." Then I kneed her stomach again.

"Are you gonna speak, or not?" Then I kicked her hard one last time.

"I-I..." she croaked out.

"Levi."

"What?"

"Let her speak."

I sighed deeply and bent down to her level. "So what's it gonna be, brat?" I said as I take a hold of her hood.
"Speak." Then I yanked her hood out of her face.

Gasps, teary eyes, and shocked faces surround the whole courtroom.

My eyes widened at the sight infront of me, my stoic eyes starts to well up with tears as turquoise-green eyes stares back at mine.

Those eyes that I fell in love with.

"G-Gwen..."