Chapter 29

But this time, the other female titan now has red streaks in her hair, almost covering her original brown hair.

"This was your plan?" Levi deadpanned.

Erwin smiled, optimism replaced his worried expression. "Yep. Our only last chance of succeeding."

Annie recovered from her weaken state, and so was Eren. So it's two against one. Annie was the first to take action, she starts running at Eren and at the same time crystallizing her fist. Before she even swing her fist, she was kicked to the the side by the redhead titan.

Eren was still in pain, he's regenerating slower than usual, so the Redhead had to do most of the fighting. She charges towards Annie, hoping this would be one final move, but Annie moved out of the way and Redhead smashed face-first into a house.

Annie lifts her leg and stomped on the Redhead's head, kicking and punching repeatedly.

"What is she doing? Why isn't she fighting back?" Levi asked, confused.

Erwin observes the brutal scene; Annie mercilessly kicking and punching the Redhead.

"This must be the wrong person! Look at her hair, it's mostly red. The one I saw had brown hair." Levi snorted.

Another building collapsed as Annie throws the Redhead. Fortunately, Eren rised up, the Redhead lays motionless on the fallen houses. Annie, who was satisfied with the beating, she turned her body towards Eren.

Eren got into a fighting stance, legs firm on the ground. I'm not gonna lose again, he thought.

Annie grabs a boulder, she steps back gaining force, and aims it at Eren. He was quick to duck, but after getting back up, Annie was out of his sight.

From behind Annie attacks. She swipes Eren's feet off, he falls to the ground. Annie straddles Eren, her legs on either sides of his waist, she throws punches at his face. But Eren grabbed her shoulders and threw her aside.

The fight went on and on. Exchanging roars and attacks.

---

"Are you sure about this Levi?" Erwin questions while watching Levi putting on the 3DMG straps back in HQ.

"Yes." Levi replies flatly. "It's just an ankle injury."

Back in Stohess District, Eren was winning the fight, Annie was cornered as two titans hover over her. Luckily Redhead was able to recover before Annie was about to crush Eren's skull. And now Annie was losing.

With every last bit of her strength, crystallizing every limb, she sends her two fists at the two titans' jaw sending them flying far from her.

She weakly stood up, then she starts sprinting towards the wall. With little strength, she pushed herself and started climbing up the wall to escape.

"We musn't let her escape!" Shouted Hiruka.

"Eren!" Mikasa bawls and manuevers her way towards Eren.

Annie rapidly climbs up the wall as she reaches halfway. Suddenly, her left arm dangles, when she noticed her fingers were chopped off.

Her eyes widened, her face full of fear. She was dangling with only her right hand holding on, then a soldier lands on her fingers.

"Tch. Where do you think you're going?" Levi emotionlessly states. "Murderer."

Annie knew this was it, her mission had failed. In one swift motion, Levi slices her remaining fingers off then Annie descends to the ground.

Eren heard a crash, he rose to his feet to see Annie knocked out, he looked behind to see the unconscious her nape, revealing Annie in person, he grabs her with his gigantic hand. He was about to throw Annie down to his titan mouth when SLASH! Eren's titan body falls to the ground.

"Don't eat our valuable culprit, idiot." Levi swings through the air with Eren in his grasp as they land gently on the ground.

"Eren!" Mikasa cried and engulfs Eren in a hug.

From a not so far distance, a woman emerges from the Redhead titan's nape. Pain shot through every part of her body, she can barely move. She weakly strides to the nearest cloaked corpse, she removes the brown cloak from a dead villager, wincing with every move.

This may hide me for awhile. She said as she adjusts her hood to cover her face.

"Hey!"

She froze and slowly turns towards the direction of the voice.

"Who are you?! I saw you came from the titan's nape!" He shrieks.

She stayed silent.

"Answer me!"

She steps back for she knew she was at a weak state, she can't fight nor transform.

"D-Don't move!" The light-brown haired boy said and approaches the woman. He grabs her hands and secures it with a rope. It was pointless to resist, so she just let herself getting dragged away by the boy as they approach the Survey Corps.