Chapter 62

Kinn's POV

My eyes widened as I watched Gwen collapse after being injected with a serum.

What are they doing to her?

Zeke took a book from one of the dusty bookshelves that stood feeble, as if on the verge of breaking anytime.
He laid it on the steel table and flipped to a certain page.

"The other two titans died without transforming back to humans," Reiner said in a deep voice. "Warchief, are you really sure she has the ability?"

"There's just something we're missing here." Zeke spoke as he handed Kenny a vial, placing her blood inside.

Zeke's fingers traced a few words on the book he was reading, trying to find something.

What's in that book? Information about her abilities?

"Tsk." Zeke clicked his tongue in frustration. "There's a torn page."

After a few minutes of them talking about some things I couldn't quite understand, Zeke returned the book back in the shelf as Kenny and Reiner placed everything back in the small case.

I hurriedly sticked near the door as if I never noticed their presence, keeping a straight face.

"Oi brat," Kenny turned to me before opening the door. "Keep a close eye on her, this is your chance to do something right."

I met his cold eyes, full of violence and murder intent, then I nodded as they all went out.

I peeked outside after a few minutes, then tiptoed to the bookshelf and searched for the book earlier.

Gwen's POV

"Conny right? What are you doing here alone?" I asked the cadet as he was deep in thought.

He turned to me, a startled look on his face, then I noticed the cheeks stained with tears. "M-miss Y-Yeager. . ."

I flashed him a reassuring smile, "Call me Gwen."

"R-right. . .uhh Gwen," he stuttered nervously. "I needed some time to think."

Then I noticed a portrait he held in his trembling hands. He noticed me looking at it and handed the frame to me.

"That's mom and dad. Heard about Ragako Village?" He said.

"The village where the recent titan invasion originated from?"

He nodded and continued, "Well I live there, b-but when I checked the village to see if anyone's safe, it was strange. There was no one, not a single soul. I assumed they already evacuated, but all horses were left there. Who would evacuate without bringing a horse?"

I looked at him as a tear rolled down his cheek.

"Then I went to my house. . .I f-f-found a titan, l-laying ontop of it. It can't move, it's legs and arms were too small and thin to carry it's body." His lips quivered, trying to speak clearly without stuttering. "It felt familiar, like I have a connection to it. . .a-a-and it looked EXACTLY like my. . .m-m-mother."

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"And it spoke to me."
---
I looked down as another scene -- a flashback of my memory -- flashed.
---
"Uhh do I have something on my face?" I said, blushing.

Levi shook his head 'no'.

"Then why are you staring?" I questioned.

"Tch. You haven't realize?"

"No."

Levi was slowly moving forward, our head now centimeters away.

"I like you." Levi calmly spoke.

"What?"

"I love you." Levi rephrased his sentence.

In the heat of the moment, I placed my lips on Levi's. Levi, without hesitation, kissed back. Our lips move in perfect sync as we kissed passionately under the dark lit moonlight. Then Levi broke away.
---
"Stop fucking pretending, Gwen." He hissed.

"What do you mean?" I asked, confused at what he said.

"You and that cadet Niyuri of yours are secretly dating, aren't you? There's no point in denying it."

"Me and Hiruka? Dating? Levi, you know I'd never betray you. . ."

"Liar!"

Tears are now forming in my eyes.
"Why won't you believe me! Don't you trust me?" I cried.

"No, I shouldn't have trusted you." He snapped.

"Then you should've picked another girl when you knew you wouldn't trust me!"

"You know what? You're absolutely fucking right, I should've chose another girl!"
---
"Come back alive after the expedition."
---
"Hanji, tell Levi I love him and I always will."

I threw the bracelet as everything was getting darker and darker, and --

SPLASH!

I jolted awake, water dripping down my face.

It was another flashback.

And. . .Levi. I loved Levi.

I tried remembering the kiss we shared back in his office, when I realized it actually felt similar. Then I pictured the kiss we shared in the rooftop. . .during my 18th birthday.

We fought the day before the expedition. He made me promise to return alive. . .and I broke it. Even worse, I forgot about him, hating his guts the moment he kicked me during my trial.

How could he have felt?

I looked down on my kuckles, covered in crystals again.

"Rose." A gentle voice spoke from outside the cell. I turned to Kinn, a worried look on his face. "You were kicking and screaming, I had to wake you. Sorry about that."

I looked at him, a grief expression on my face. I'm slowly starting remembering my memories again.

"Anyway. What did they inject you that made you collapse?" He asked.

I mumbled quietly, "A serum that prevents me from transforming within 48 hours."

"Getting out of here is going to be very difficult then," he bit his lip. Then he changed expressions and brought up a book. "Most informations about your titan is in here."

I widened my eyes and took the book in between the slender bars. "F-for real?"

"Yeah," he nodded and stood up. "Get as much information as you can gather, I'll be the lookout."

What would I do without this kid? I ruffled his dirty blond hair as he laughed lightly. "Thank you, Kinn."

He nodded and returned to the door.

Then I flipped the first page.