Chapter 61

Gwen's POV

I've been hearing three different voices in my head, making me go slowly insane. Maybe I'm just paranoid, or is it my subconscious? I shrugged it off these past few days, thinking it will just go away soon and decided to focus on reality.

"Why are these not healing." I grumbled to myself as I rubbed the scars Zeke and Kenny have been giving me these past few days.

I don't even know how many days have passed; is it day or night? Friday or Monday? The thought slowly drives me crazy.

Then a young man from Kenny's crew enters the room, replacing the previous guard, breaking me out of my concentration.

I stared at him as he peered over the small window in the metal door. I have a strange feeling about this guy.

I haven't seen him before as one of Kenny's men.

But he looks familiar. Dirty-blond hair, pale skin, blue eyes. If I'm not wrong, I might have met him years ago, judging from the scar that goes from his jaw down to his neck.

My eyes never left him as he started approaching me, a relief look on his young, innocent face.

"Help me!"

There it is again. A voice.

"Rose, are you alright? I'm glad to finally see you again," he breathed then noticed my confusion. "Do you still remember me?"

I blinked a few times, trying to process everything that has been going on lately.

First: I was captured, told that I am to be taken in an unknown hometown. Second: Zeke was talking nonsense, saying it was all the truth. Third: a dangerous murderer is after my brother. Fourth: I've been hearing voices. And fifth: one of Kenny's men talks to me and claims he knows--

No wait.

I finally found myself to speak after looking at the familar blue eyes of a kid I once treated like a brother.

"K-K-Kinn?"

---

Kinn suppressed a smile, "Miss me?"

"You have no idea, kid." I sighed, smiling genuinely for the first time ever since everything all went hell.

"We have 24 hours to talk before someone else takes over. Gives us enough time to think of a plan."

"H-how? Are you a part of Kenny's crew now? I thought you hated violence?" I had so many questions in my head but none of it really matters.

"When we parted ways as we had to deal with our own personal problems, I went back to the underground and settled my debt, after that I was back to being the Kinn you saved in an abandoned village -- weak, pathetic, hungered." He had a look of sadness in his eyes making me regret why I chose to part ways.

"I couldn't find you, I don't where to go and so I gave up. Kenny found me later, I was on the brink of death. He told me join his crew, and I did. I had no choice if I still wanted to live."

My calloused hands found its way in his messy blond hair, softly ruffling it.
"Were you able to find him?" He turned to me, confused. "Your brother, I mean."

He looked down and shook his head 'no'. Then it was silent for a minute.

"I'm sorry I left you all alone, Kinn." I said softly.

He forced a laugh, "Look Rose, we decided it ourselves, don't blame yourself."

I smiled again, watching him grow into a better teenager. "Anyway, how'd you know I was in here?"

He took one quick glance at the door again, checking if anybody was there then faced back to me.

"I didn't know how this Zeke guy knew Kenny, but then again everyone knows him," he said. "Zeke wanted Kenny to capture you and your brother, us being a part of his crew, we all knew. Then later on Kenny told us who they were capturing, and that alarmed me. I know I have to do something."

I looked at him, slightly shocked. "Why would you do this? You know you'll get killed once they'll find out!"

"I won't let them," he whispered, "not until I get you out. You've done alot for me already, this is the least I can do. . .this is not even half of it."

I looked down on my hands, the crystals slowly breaking as I formed a fist.

We're getting out.

I nodded at him and said, "Where are we located exactly?"

"Under a small abandoned village outside Wall Rose. The entrance to this place is a cellar in one of the houses."

"H-h-how can you break me out?" I asked, uncertain of the plan to escape.

"Kenny and the crew will be going to Sina; the final mission to capture your brother. . .what was his name?"

"We need to warn Eren!"

"--right Eren. I will find a way to bring you with us without anyone noticing."

But I still have alot of questions unanswered.

Then I asked. "When is this happening?"

"In three days."

"Kinn. . .I'm not living this place without learning about my abilities or the information about some hometown." I said sternly.

"If we have enough time--"

Then boots clicked down the hallway, getting louder and louder as it approaches the room.

Kinn hurriedly stood up and scurried back to where he was supposed to be just in time for Zeke, Kenny, and Reiner to enter, another syringe in hand.