Chapter 36

Throughout the whole day, the cadets and superiors have been trying to talk to her, but one certain person decided to ignore her inorder to avoid pain, and that was Levi.

Gwen's only intention of staying was to protect Eren, she didn't enjoy the company of other people but her brother's.

How did I even managed to stay here 2 years ago? She thought to herself.

---

Dinner came, and the whole Survey Corps troop were requested to the assemble at the dining hall.

There was a mini stage in the center for announcements, behind it stood a nervous and shaky Gwen.

"You're gonna do just fine Shorty!" Hanji said as she places her hand on her shoulder.

Gwen stared at the weird girl for good 5 minutes, then Erwin and Levi started approaching the two women. Erwin flashed a comforting smile towards the nervous girl, while Levi just stared at her boredly.

Levi somehow convinced himself that ignoring his amnesiac lover was the best remedy to heal his broken heart. By seeing her alive was enough to him, although he wanted to go back to the times they had each other, but he can't. He'll just confuse the girl more than she is right now by telling the truth about their past, and she hates me for beating her. He quietly mumbled.

"You were the best at speeches among all of us back then," Erwin said, hand ontop of her shoulder which she shaked it off.

Erwin then climbed to the stage and began to speak, "good evening to you all."

The crowd replies at his greetings then continued. "If you have noticed, we have a new recruit in our brigade. However, she's not new, some of you may not recognize her, but some of you may recognize her as Humanity's Strongest Soldier next to Captain Levi." Gwen reaches the stage with an expressionless look and stood beside the speaking commander.

The crowd erupted in chatters, some exchanged confused looks and cheerful conversations.

"That was her!?" Jean exclaimed, "my mom was a big fan of her!"

"No way! She's alive!" Another cadet shouts.

"She didn't even age!" A cadet from the 103rd Cadet Corps shouted.

Erwin ordered the audience to quiet down then he continued speaking.
"Back in year 846, she was known as Lieutenant Gwen Regaey of the Scout Regiment. Now, she will be known as Gwenyvere Rose Yeager, sister of Eren Yeager."

"Yeager?!" Someone shouts.
"No wonder they look alike!"
"Is she a titan shifter too?"

"Yes. She was the titan shifter that helped us in our expeditions." Erwin breathed.

Gwen took a deep breath, regained her posture then her right fist curled on her left part of the chest and her left arm behind her back.
"I, Gwneyvere Rose Yeager, former lieutenant of this brigade, Humanity's Second Strongest Soldier, is back and will continue fighting for mankind!"

Claps and cheers erupted the mess hall. Gwen was twitching to smile as she admired the cadets' enthusiasm, she then thought she was of great help not only to Eren, but to the whole Survey Corps.

---

Dinner was over and everyone decided to leave except for Hanji and Gwen.

"Oi, Hanji." Hanji hums in response. "Do I have a grave somewhere?"

The scientist cocked her eyebrow in response, then she stood up and led her.

Both women reached Gwen's said graveyard, Gwen was weirded out to know she visited her own grave. Then she noticed ontop of the grass bed, a bunch of roses laid.

"Hey, Hanji. Who put these roses?"

Hanji stammered forward and picked up the decayed roses laying on the ground and opens the trash bin.

Gwen noticed the trash bin was full of decayed roses around 600. Her eyes widened at the sight and the smell of dead roses, who would ever leave these roses for me? She thought.

"Why Levi of course!" Hanji beamed, saying Levi's name quietly.

The confused girl stared at her analyzing her sentence then she realize she said her thought out loud.

"Huh? Who?" Gwen asked confused.

"N-Nothing!" Hanji raised her hands in submission as she chuckled nervously, "it's not my secret to tell!"

"Did you say Levi?" Gwen doubtingly questions the defensive scientist.

"I d-don't know what you're saying Gwen!" Hanji laughed nervously.

"Whatever, whoever left these, I should be grateful." Then Gwen started heading back.