14

Irene sat on her while hugging her knees. She stared at her phone, secretly waiting for someone to call or text her.

An hour has passed yet she received none call or text from him.

" Is he even sincere with his apology? ", she rested her forehead on top of her knee.

' hollin deut nal ttarawa modu hwanhohae neodo god ooh ooh (oh-eh-oh-eh-oh) ~ 🎶 '

Irene quickly raised her head to look up at her phone that was finally ringing.

Mrs. Lee
+13610009551

           Answer . . . . . . . . . . . Decline

Irene felt slightly disappointed after knowing that it was not the person that she was expecting. She cleared her throat for a few times before answering the call.

" Hello there, Mrs. Lee! ", she greeted through the call, pretending to sound all happy so that her caretaker would not feel suspicious about her crack voice.

" Aigoo aigoo seems like someone is in a good mood, huh? Hello too, Irene. How are you? ", Mrs. Lee let out her soft chuckle, making Irene wanted to break down at the moment upon hearing the voice that she missed so much.

" Eo, I'm fine here. What about you? I miss you so much and the kids too. ", she asked, trying hard to restrain herself from burst in tears.

" I'm fine too. Your little sisters and brothers are doing good. Don't worry about them. We all missed you too, Irene. ", replied Mrs. Lee making Irene's heart ache.

" Really? I thought everyone already forget about me. ", she said, faking a cry when she literally at at he verge of crying for real.

" How could we forgot about you?  You're still our family. Anyway, how's your life going there? Is everything okay? To be honest, I felt a little worried and keep on thinking of you, Irene-ah. ", she asked.

Mrs. Lee is like a mom to Irene. Whenever she said something like this, she really meant it. Back then when she was still living with Mrs. Lee, she used to pour all of her heart to Mrs. Lee and the way Mrs. Lee comfort her right after really makes her feels like she is her real mom.

Reminding of it making a tears manage to escape her eyelid and rolling down on her cheek. She quickly wipe it off right away.

" Don't worry about me, Mrs. Lee. Everything is going well here. I have a lot of fun at school too. Everyone treating me nicely. ", she lied.

She really wanted to say how bad her life changed ever since she moved to Seoul. But she could not and would never tell her about it as long as she could keep it to herself.

" Really? I'm glad to hear that. It's good to know you're having fun there. Guess I was just overthink this whole time. ", she chuckled.

Irene couldn't hold her tears from falling down anymore. She pulled her phone away from her ear and cupping her mouth, preventing herself from making any noise.

She took a deep breat before she brought her phone back to her ear.

" Eyy,  don't worry about me okay? I'll be just fine here. Oh! Mrs. Lee, my battery is running low now. Let's talk again later. Okay? ", she lied again.