19

It's already 11 p.m. and they was about to close the cafe. Irene and Seulgi has already done cleaning the entire cafe before they go back home.

" Taehyung-sshi, it's already late. We need to close the cafe. ", Irene approached him who was busy scrolling through his twitter.

Taehyung didn't go back home yet ever since he came to cafe. He let his friends left first and decide to wait for Irene until she finished working. He's been there playing video games, frequently ordered Irene to do this and that for him, literally trying to pissed her off.

" Finally. Let's go. ", he said as he stood up and took his car key and his wallet on the table.

" Huh? ", she furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

" I'll send you home ", he said.

" No, you don't have to. ", she refused.

" I didn't wait for you all day long for you to reject my offer. ", he said in his monotonous tone.

Irene suddenly felt guilty. She nodded her head signalling him that she agreed. Irene went to take her belonging in the staff's room. She then bid Seulgi a goodbye as she told her to leave first.

" Let's go ", she said and they walked out from the cafe.

As Irene step outside, she saw Jaehyun leaning on his car while playing on his phone. Seems like he's been waiting for her.

" Jaehyun-sshi? ", she called.

Taehyung avert his gaze from Irene to Jaehyun. He clenched his fist as soon as he saw him.

Jaehyun look up at Irene as he kept his phone inside his pocket. He smiled at Irene but then his eyes caught Taehyung's existence standing beside Irene. His smirk and walked up to Irene.

" Going home? ", he asked. Irene nodded.

" Let's go. I'll send you home. ", he said as he gesture her to get into his car.

Taehyung scoffed. He grab Irene's wrist and pulled her closer to him.

" She's coming with me ", he confidently said.

Jaehyun felt he was challenged by Taehyung and he casually grab Irene's other free hand and pulled her closer to him.

" Really? Irene-sshi, are you going with him? ", he asked as his eyes still fixed on Taehyung.

Irene was literally stuck in between the two of them. She look at Jaehyun and turned to look at Taehyung as well. Both of them looking at her with a hopeful eyes.

' I can't refused to go with Taehyung since he's been waiting for me all day in the cafe. ', she thought as she look at Taehyung.

' I can't refused to go with Jaehyun too since he came all the way here just to fetch her and send her home. ', she thought again as she look at Jaehyun.

' I'm obviously not going home alone after what happened that day. Taking a cab? It's late already. There's no cab at this hour. ', she sighed.

' Come on Irene make up your mind! ', she begged herself.

" I'll go with ..... "

--

" I told you to quit the job, haven't I? ", Taehyung spoke as his eyes focus on the road.

" I need money to survive ", she simply said, playing with the keychain on her bag.

" Where's your parents? Aren't they the one who need to work to support your life ? ", he raised one of his eyebrow, took a quick glance at her before averting his gaze back on the road.

" They are now in a place which is far away from here. ", she said turned to look out of the window, stopping those tears from escaping her eyes.

" Where? Daegu? ", he guessed.

" Heaven ", she uttered.

Taehyung stop the car almost immediately making Irene stumble forward, almost hit the dashboard.

" Yah! Why did you do that ?! ", Irene yelled as she hold onto her chest, breathing hardly.

" What do you mean heaven?? ", he frowned.

" You're not that stupid, Taehyung. ", she rolled her eyes.

" I'm sorry but are you living alone all this time? What about that old woman that you claimed her as your mother? Was that just a lie? ", he stared at her in confusion.

" She's a tenant but a mother to me. ", she explained as a tears rolled down on her cheek, suddenly missed her mother.

" Why you didn't tell me? ", he pulled her into his embrace. Irene was caught off guard. It was her first time to be in his embrace and it somewhat comfort her. She felt warm and safe too.

" I'm sorry for giving you hard times all this while. I'm sorry. ", he whispered to her ears as he softly caressed her head.

Irene could not stop herself from smiling. Tears starts to roll down on her cheek. She rest her head on top of his shoulder as he tightened their hug.
After a great five minute, Irene broke the hug. She wipes away those tears and went back to her normal self.

" We supposed to keep our distance from each other. Aren't we agree on that? ", she spoke.

" I don't want to. Plus, I'll make sure to keep coming closer to you no matter how far you're running away from me. So, be prepared.", he smirk.

" No, Taehyung. We need- ", she could not finished her sentence before Taehyung cutted her off.

" Oh! Not to forget. I'll be the one who will fetch and send you home starting from now onward. ", he added.

" What? ", Irene frowned.

" And stop hanging around with Jaehyun. He's not as good as you thought. ", he avert his gaze back on the road and continue driving.

Irene could not say anything but to groan and look away out of frustration as she crossed her arms over chest.

But deep down in her heart, she felt a tiny bit of happiness and soft for Taehyung. She cannot deny the fact that he can easily move her but for her own good, she will tried her best to stay away from him.

Because be with him will bring disaster to her life. If she dare to lay her eyes on him, then she should be prepared with all the hatred and death threat from Jenny that awaits her.