08

Irene slowly walked down the staircase with the help of the crutches.

" Irene? Oh my God ! What happened to your leg? ", Mrs. Shin asked, concerned.

" I- I err I had into a little accident yesterday, Mrs. Shin. Ah ! Don't worry about your bicycle. I already asked a friend to send it to the workshop to repair it. ", Irene said, feeling uneasy. She scared that Mrs. Shin will be mad at her for making her bike broken.

" Aigoo~ Thank God that nothing serious happened to you. You should be more careful next time, okay? Don't worry about the bike. I don't mind about it as I'm not using it anymore. ", Mrs. Shin caressed Irene's back, giving her a motherly look.

" But I still wanted to apologize for not taking a good care of it. I'm really sorry, Mrs. Shin. ", Irene bowed to her.

" No, it's okay. Really. You can have it once it repaired soon. I really wanted to give it to you. ", Mrs. Shin said.

" Thank you, Mrs. Shin. I owed you a lot! ", Irene smiled brightly before went to hug her.

" Why don't you just take a day off today? It seems like your leg need a lot of rest, Irene-ah. If you put a lot pressure to your leg it might get more worst. ", Mrs. Shin gave Irene a concern look.

" Aniya. It's fine. Don't worry. I feel better than yesterday and I think it recovered well. ", Irene said.

" Are you sure? But how would you go to school? Walking? With the help of this crutches? I don't think so, Irene-sshi. ", Mrs. Shin chuckled.

" Aniya. I'll take the bus. It just that I need to walk to the bust stop. So, yeah hehehe ", Irene sheepishly smiled.

" Let me send you there then ", Mrs. Shin offering her help but Irene trying to refuse but in a polite way. But still, Mrs. Shin were insisted to help her. Irene couldn't say anything more but to let her be.

As soon as they walked out of the building, a black car drove in the drive way and parked in front of their house building.

Irene and Mrs. Shin came to halt when the owner of the black car got off of the car.

" Kim Taehyung? ", Irene's eyes widened.

Taehyung walked closer to her. She greeted Mrs. Shin with a bow.

" Annyeonghaseyo, Irene's mother. ",he greeted.

Irene choke on her own saliva as she heard Taehyung addressed Mrs. Shin as her mother.

" Eo, annyeonghaseyo. ", Mrs. Shin just went along, not bother to be called as Irene's mother.

" If you don't mind, I would like to give Irene a ride since we're going to the same school. ", he asked for Mrs. Shin permission.

Mrs. Shin looked at Irene before let out a small chuckled.

" Can I entrusted my daughter to you, Mr ? ", Mrs. Shin squinted her eyes as she trying to guess his name.

" Ah ! My name is Kim Taehyung. ", he bowed once again.

" Oh right, Kim Taehyung-sshi. Can I entrusted my daughter to you? Can you take a good care of her for me? ", she asked. Irene just scratched the back of her head, not knowing what to say.

" Of course. You can trust me. ", Taehyung showed his charming smile which melt every girl's heart except for Irene.

" If you say so. Irene, remember to always be careful, do you understand? ", Mrs. Shin acted like Irene's mother which make Irene's heart felt touched.
" Nae ", Irene bowed. Mrs. Shin left them two and get back into he building. Now it was just Irene and Taehyung.

" You are really a stubborn girl, aren't you? ", Taehyung crossed his arms.

" I told you I'll be fine. ", Irene looked down on her shoes.

" Yeah yeah. Thanks to the crutches. But what if you don't have the crutches to support you. Are you sure you are able to walk to school? ", Taehyung raised one of his eyebrows.

Irene sighed. She let go of the crutches and take a small step, to prove it to Taehyung that she can walk without the crutches.

But then she was wrong. As soon as her right foot step on the ground, she felt really hurt and almost hit the ground but Taehyung's hand caught her tiny waist almost immediately.

" See? ", Taehyung rolled his eyes. He then gave back the crutches to her. Irene take it without saying a word. She felt embarrassed of herself.

" Let's go. I'll give you a ride for today. ", Taehyung help her to get into his car.

" For a second thought, I'm just confused as who is the real servant. Is it you or is it me? ", he said before he drove off.