27

After recess, they walked to the basketball court as Jimin and Jungkook wanted to play basketball. Yoongi and Wendy walked side by side and a bit slower than the others.

Wendy had been fidgeting her fingers, contemplated whether to tell the truth or not. Yoongi who realized it quickly stop on his track as he hands gently grab on Wendy's right arm, asking her to stop as well.

" Tell me. ", he said.

" Huh? Tell you what? ", she replied nervously.

" Everything that you've been dying to tell ",  Yoongi crossed his arms, waiting for her to spill the tea.

" Well, erm.. I.. ", Wendy bite her lower lips. She felt guilty if she tell everything about what happened to Irene in the restroom as she already promised her not to tell anyone but she at the same time was mad at Jennie for hurting Irene.

Yoongi hold on her hand and gently caressing it. "It's okay. Just say it", he gave her a reassuring smile.

'It's better to tell him now because sooner or later they will find out too. Irene! I'm sorry !', she sthought.

Wendy took a deep breath before she told him everything. Literally from A to Z. She also make sure not to speak  too loud as other kids who walk passed by them might eavesdrop their conversation.

--

Irene sitting on a bench at the rooftop, staring at the beautiful sky as she let the cold breeze hit her face and messed up her long hair.

She could not stop thinking about what happened earlier in the restroom. Jennie's words kept on replaying in her head like a broken CD. 

She sighed.

She do agreed with what Jennie has said. She always bring misfortune to Taehyung and his friends. Just because of her, Taehyung and his friends are in a huge trouble.

"Irene", a familiar voice called out her name making her to turn look around at instant.

"Tae...", she blurt.

"What are you doing up here alone? You okay? I've been trying tk reach you but you never answered my call. What happened?", he asked with a hint of concern.

"I'm okay. About that, I'm sorry. My phone ran out of battery. ", she lied. Irene step back as she noticed Taehyung making his way closer to her.

" Taehyung. I have something to say to you.", she said make him stop on his feet.

"I think it is better if we stay away from each other. You do you and me do me. Let's not bug into each other's life anymore. I'm more comfortable that way.", she spoke, not dare to look into his eyes who was staring at her in disbelief.

"Did Jennie threatened you?", Irene look at him instantly upon hearing what he just asked her.

"Is it?", Taehyung snort.

"Irene. Listen. The least person you need to be afraid about is Kim Jennie. That girl has been shamelessly bugging me ever since we in elementary school. She told everyone that I'm her boyfriend when you know yourself how much I dislike her for God sake.", he held both of Irene shoulder, making her to look at him.

"The girl who successfully make me fall in love is you, Bae Irene. Just look at me and stop worrying about anything else. I love you and that is all that matter.", he gently caressed her smooth rosy cheek, reassuring her to trust his words.

"Taehyung. No. I- ", just before she could even utter any word, Taehyung locked her lips with his. It was just a smooth and gentle kiss.

Irene pushed him hard, breaking free from him.

"but the only thing that matter to me is to graduate from this school in peace! So, please. Stay away from me.", Irene looked at him one last time, giving the serious look before walk away, leaving him confused, speechless and hurt.

--

Irene came back to the class right on time before the bell rang. She just act like nothing happened as people were staring at her. Taehyung's friends who just walked into the class saw her and asked where has she been to but no reply.

"Do you know Taehyung were looking for you?", Jimim asked.

"Teacher is here!", the class momitor said out loud making Jimin and his friend trailing behind him, back to their respective seat.

Irene side-eyeing the vacant seat next to her. She just shoved her thoughts and focus for the class.

--
Just until the last bell rang, signalling the school time is over. Everyone rushing to go home. Irene were busy tidy her stuff into her bag.

"Irene, is there something happen between you and Taehyung?", Jimin asked, again.

Irene just shook her head, denying.

" I've got to go.", she utrered and was about to leave when suddenly the back door of the classroom were slide open by the person she hurt earlier.

"Taehyung? Where have you been?", Jungkook asked. Irene took this chance to leave the classroom.

"I'll go with her.", Wendy said and go after Irene.

"What the hell is happening? Aren't you two in a good terms already?", Jimin asked confused.

" It's- ", just before Yoongi about to spill the tea, Taehyung cut him off.

"Jennie. She threatened Irene with a footage of us back in Jaehyun's birthday party. She threatened to send the footage to the principal and police.", he said.

"What?! Damn who woulda thought a girl like her is such a obsessive paychopath.", Jungkook cussed under his breath.

"For now, I will keep a distance from Irene.", he took his bag and about to live.

"Huh? Are you going to give up just like that?", Yoongi stop him.

"Doesn't mean I will let her go just like that.", he smirk.

"I almost forgot how rebellious our friend can be. Glad that he still have that brutal side of him.",Jimin complemented.

"So excited for the game!", Jungkook cheered.