Chapter11: dress to impress

The sun was shining, the air was warm, it was a beautiful day full of possibilities but for harumi it was the worst day of her life. She currently was on a chair, as her mother was helping her get ready. 'Why do I have to do this?, why am I for—' the girls eyes widened as she let out a yelp of pain. "Ouch!" She held a hand to her head, rubbing the spot it felt like it was throbbing. "Sorry honey, I didn't mean to tug your hair so hard" her mother's voice rang from behind. The young princess sighned. "Mom, why do I have to do this?" She asked as the women went slient. It was a while before she spoke. "I don't know your father's thoughts at times. I think it's better to break tradition" the woman cups her daughter's cheek in her hand. " I want you to be happy, and not have your lover choose for you" harumi signed.

She looked in the mirror  and her hair was completely tied back. "Is this really what girls  look like?" She asked her mother as she kept looking at herself. "I look hideous" her mother gave her a hug. "I think you look beautiful no matter what you look like , but I belive you look better  with your hair down"  Harumi giggled at her mothers comment. "Thanks mom" the Women smiled as she went and grabbed a dress. "No problem honey, now come on now let's get your dress on" harumi reluctantly nodded as she walked over to get the dress in. It was a light green, with gold at the trim, along with a hood. "Huh I never, knew a dress had a hood" she said in a low voice"
She knew totay was going to be a long day