twenty

after weeks of intensive training, jack finally had a day off and he planned to spend the day with his two favourite girls.

francesca had been exceptionally busy since her return to work. her dads had offered her the bakery and of course she took it there and then. her dads were planning their retirement together so that they could spend more time with their grandkids.

the brunette girl had been going in to check on the bakery but she wasn't back to her usual hours since she was pregnant again and she needed to look after freya. she had, however, hired her best friend to handle the logistics of the bakery and for the moment, emilia was the temporary boss and she loved it. the bakery was booming and the two girls were ecstatic about it.

"you ready?" jack peeked his head in to check on his girlfriend who was finishing getting ready. he had freya in his arms, her tiny hands grabbing hold of his hair and tugging it slightly which left him wincing in pain.

"i'll be out in a sec." francesca finished her makeup with one last brush stroke of blush on her cheeks before leaving the bedroom and meeting her boyfriend and daughter in the car.

it was a beautiful day outside. the sky was a perfect shade of blue, reminding her of an exotic ocean and the sun was beating down on them, the breeze from the open car windows cooling them all down.

francesca couldn't believe how lucky she was. slightly over a year ago, jack walked into her bakery and accidentally annoyed the shit out of her and now here she was, sitting in a car beside him as his girlfriend with their daughter in the backseat and another child on the way. the brunette girl had never believed in fate or 'perfect' because everything had flaws but right now, she couldn't find a single flaw in her life. she was the happiest that she had ever been and that was all down to jack. he had helped create their daughter and that's what brought them together. her life truly was perfect.

"what are you thinking about?" jack stole a quick glance at the girl sitting beside her, noticing how quiet she had been the whole car ride. she was only ever quiet when she was mad or when she was thinking and last time he checked, he hadn't done anything that would piss her off.

"just thinking about how lucky i am with having you, freya and this little one." she looked down to her stomach. there was only a slight baby bump. to anyone else looking, they wouldn't see anything but francesca knew it was there.

"remember when we were standing in my kitchen and i told you that everything happens for a reason? i truly believe that this is what was supposed to happen." he reached out his free hand and intertwined it with hers, the soft skin from her hand rubbing against his.

jack and francesca were similar in many ways, it was probably what made them clash so often but they had their differences. jack had always believed in fate and that everything happened for a reason. what was meant for a person wouldn't go past them and it often meant that he would make decisions without really thinking, believing that fate would run its course. francesca, on the other hand, was much more calculated. she believed that every decision had a consequence and that each person controlled their own fate. it was in this way that the couple balanced each other out.

the car pulled up in a remote location. when francesca looked out of the car window, she could see that they were surrounded by green hills and the sound of rushing water could be heard.

"i'll get freya and you can find us a spot." jack kissed the lips of his girlfriend, enjoying the sweet taste of her cherry lipbalm.

francesca ventured further out into the greenery, admiring how beautiful nature was. the birds chirped and the blades of green grass danced and swayed in the cool breeze. the brunette girl walked a little bit further into the field and noticed a river that meandered its way through, a waterfall being its source.

"it's beautiful isn't it?" jack appeared behind his girlfriend, their daughter in his arms, pressing a kiss to her cheek before sitting down on the picnic blanket that francesca had placed on the grass.

"you want mummy?" francesca noticed her daughter stick her arms out in the direction of her mum and took her into her arms. when the brunette girl took hold of her daughter, she noticed something on the top of her sun cap glistening in the sunlight. peering over the top of freya's covered head, the young mum saw a ring sellotaped to the pink cap. francesca peeled the sellotape off and held the silver ring in the sunlight to get a better look at it.

"franny, our story hasn't been the easiest but i wouldn't change it for the world. from the days i spent in the bakery, sitting there just so that i could see you again and sometimes annoying you to now where we have the most beautiful little girl and another one on the way, i've realised that i wouldn't want to spend it with anyone else," francesca could feel her throat tighten and her eyes water at her boyfriend's words. she knew where this was going and if she wasn't euphoric before, she certainly was now.

"you've seen me at my best and you've seen me at my worst and i want you to be the one that i retire to spain with and the one to see me when i'm eighty years old and struggling to walk," jack helped his pregnant girlfriend stand up as he kneeled down in front of her, his daughter watching him closely from the arms of her mother.

"my darling franny, will you marry me?" jack's voice was shaky with nerves. he didn't know why he was nervous because the couple had spoken about their future together multiple times when they've been lying awake in bed at night.

without uttering a response for the fear of bursting into tears, francesca simply nodded her head at the boy in front of her, sticking her left hand out for him to slide the ring onto. when jack finished sliding the ring, freya let out a loud squeal, clapping her hands slightly which caused the newly engaged couple to laugh.

"that's right baby girl, mummy and i are getting married." jack told his daughter, smiling at how excited she was.

the family of three, soon to be four hugged tightly, enjoying the moment of pure love.

francesca and jack's love story was completely accidental.

from annoying each other to hooking up and now having a family together, the couple couldn't have been happier with the accidents that lead them to where they were because it was the best accident either one of them had witnessed.

they were the happiest that they had ever been and it was all down to jack's stupid idea.

a/n: my heart is so full and i am genuinely about to cry because that's the end of 'boyfriend'.

i would just like to thank everyone who has read, voted, commented and added my stories to their reading lists. your support honestly means the world to me and it's what keeps me writing. you are all amazing and i love every single one of you insane amounts.

i would like to thank my amazing friend poppyxozx for all her help with parts of the story line and just always being the one i go to when i'm struggling with a bit of writer's block. i love you loads!

she also got me thinking about maybe doing a character q and a for this book? you guys could leave your comments here and i'll create a new part of the story where the characters (francesca, jack, emilia, louis, andrew, ben, james and john) answer them. if this is something that you'd like to be a part of, let me know. i used to see this sort of thing on wattpad all the time years ago and it was super fun!

a massive thank you for all your support. we have reached over 2k reads and the votes are insane! this journey has been one of my favourites but it doesn't have to end here. i have other stories on my profile if you want to read, including another jack grealish fanfic which is ongoing and my new james maddison fanfic 'fake smile'. i hope to see you there!

once again, thank you for all the support, i still find it weird that people actually enjoy the stupid ideas that i come up with in my bedroom.

one last time for this book (maybe, if you want the q and a),

enjoy and stay safe!

lots of love, e x