seventeen

francesca was getting bigger by the day. she was now well into her third trimester and so she had to stop working at the bakery. she was disappointed because she loved her job and she couldn't wait until she could take it over but she knew that that would have to wait until their baby was a little bit older.

she still baked plenty of sweet treats at home though and jack loved them. he knew that he shouldn't eat them because of his strict regime that the club had put him on but they were irresistible.

the gender of the baby was still unknown to the couple, them deciding that they would leave it as a surprise until the baby was born so the baby's room and all of its clothes were gender neutral. louis and andrew were most definitely going to spoil their grandchild rotten since they were already buying it top end toys and clothes which in francesca's mind were completely unnecessary since it would outgrow them in a few months anyway.

andrew and louis were still not back to normal but they had been attending couples therapy after seeing how much it meant to their daughter and it seemed to be helping them loads which ultimately, made francesca happy.

the brunette girl was currently setting up the house that she shared with jack grealish for the party that they were having tonight. it was to celebrate aston villa mathematically securing safety in the premier league since francesca was totally against having a baby shower. she believed that it was 'tempting fate'.

"baby, it looks great." jack wrapped his arms around his girlfriend's massive baby bump from behind, nuzzling his face in the crook of her neck. she had set up a bunch of outdoor fairy lights around the garden and set up some 'cosy corners' with blankets and cushions. in the farthest part of the garden was a makeshift stage, a bit like the one at the first party where they declared war on each other.

"how much says james gets up there and sings 'hero' again?" jack's words were a complete joke but they both knew that they held a lot of truth to them and they couldn't wait to see him up there and singing his heart out.

"i'll finish up, you need some rest." jack started to fuss about his heavily pregnant girlfriend. he had been running circles around her over the past few weeks. he didn't want her to do too much work or do anything where she could accidentally hurt herself or the baby. francesca was trying hard not to let it annoy her because she knew that he was doing it out of love.

francesca made her way up the stairs of the house very slowly. she was finding it harder to walk as the days went by, her walk becoming more of a waddle. once she made it to the top of the stairs, she was slightly out of breath but proceeded to make her way to the bedroom where she dressed herself in a cute and floaty floral summer dress.

the brunette girl topped her makeup a little and threw on a cardigan before answering the door when she heard it ring. it took her a few minutes to get to the door but she got there eventually since jack was still out in the garden, not hearing the bell.

"there's my fat friend!" emilia yelled out as she stepped foot into the grealish residence, a wide smile on her face as james and ben followed behind her.

"fuck off." francesca laughed at her best friend before hugging ben and james who were both laughing along at the two girls.

"i've missed you chilly." she mumbled, feeling safe in his strong arms. she loved living in birmingham and being close to her parents, emilia and obviously jack but she missed leicester for the fact that she could see ben whenever she liked.

"and what about me?" james cleared his throat, opening his arms for another hug from the pregnant girl and she accepted without a second thought, reassuring the blonde boy that she had missed him as well.

the back garden filled up quickly with the whole villa team and many of jack's other football friends attending. 

francesca spent much of her night sitting in one of the 'cosy corners' that she had created with emilia, catching up since they hadn't seen much of each other in a while. it was difficult because emilia's office job was pretty demanding. she had to work long hours and although she got paid well for what she did, emilia longed for a job that she would actually enjoy.

"when my parents give me the bakery, i'm going to hire you to deal with all of the logistics with me because i would cry if i had to do it by myself." the brunette girl leaned her head on her blonde friend's shoulder and let her run her fingers through the soft, brunette hair that was on her head.

"i can't wait for that day." she admitted. the party wasn't as wild as either of them expected it to be. the neighbours had been warned in advance but most of them being rich and mixed in age, they didn't mind after they looked at the pregnant girl and realised that it would be the last party that they were going to have in a while.

"it's happening!" jack ran over to two of his favourite girls and pulled them with him. the words could have meant anything but francesca and emilia knew exactly what it meant.

it was time for a bang average rendition of 'hero' by enrique iglesias.

a/n: another wee cute chapter! we only have three parts left after today :(

who are your favourite musical artists?
i have so many it's unreal! some of them are the vamps, little mix, one direction, alessia cara and sabrina carpenter (always reflected in my playlists lol)

enjoy and stay safe!

lots of love, e x