thirteen

it had been weeks since jack confessed his feelings to the mother of his child and made her a spaghetti sandwich. they had been spending a lot of time together, getting to know each other better when he wasn't at training and francesca wasn't working in the bakery. she realised that she definitely had feelings for the aston villa midfielder but she didn't know how to tell him.

francesca was getting ready to leave her house to spend the night with jack when she heard her parents' hushed whispers from their bedroom. normally, francesca wouldn't stop and listen in as it was a private conversation but she couldn't help herself when she heard her name.

"andrew, she's twenty three and going to have a child, she needs to take responsibility." the french accent spoke and she waited to hear what her other dad had to say.

"she is taking responsibility. she's working extra shifts at the bakery to help us and earn extra money for when the baby comes as well as spending more time with jack. i would rather her living here with us than living somewhere alone with no help." andrew argued his point, wishing that his husband could see his point of view.

"yes, i know but we had to fend for ourselves and it didn't do us any harm." francesca could feel her eyes begin to water at the fact that maybe her parents don't want her around her anymore. she knew that she had to move out eventually but she was trying to save up a bit of money first.

"we did have to fend for ourselves but it was awful. i felt so lonely, like i had nobody on my side, willing to help me and i don't want our daughter to go through that. this conversation is finished." before the young girl had a chance to react, the door to the bedroom opened and when andrew walked out, he saw his daughter standing there.

"franny," his heart sank as he realised that she had heard their conversation. he didn't want to think about how hurt she must be feeling right now.

"i just wanted to tell you both that i'm going to jack's. maybe don't expect me back tonight." her voice was quiet, still not quite knowing what to say after what she heard.

"okay, i love you." he hugged his daughter tightly, kissing the top of her head before letting her go.

just as francesca walked out the front door of the house, louis emerged from the bedroom that he shared with his husband.

"she heard everything so don't talk to me right now." andrew walked away from his husband and into the kitchen where he got himself a tub of ice cream.

***
"you look upset, what's wrong?" jack opened the door to his house, letting the pregnant girl into his house. she still wasn't showing yet and for some reason, jack couldn't wait for when she did.

"i need to move out." she stated bluntly, catching the footballer by surprise as he followed her into the kitchen since francesca promised to make them dinner.

"i thought you were staying with your parents until you found your feet after uni?" jack helped her get the ingredients out, especially the ones that were kept in cupboards too high for her to reach as he tried to figure out where this was coming from.

"me too but i don't think i'll ever find my feet now that i'm pregnant. i was saving up to move out but it's hard when you're in debt," she continued to ramble, slamming the piece of meat that they would be eating later onto the kitchen counter, taking jack by surprise.

"i'm already in debt, a little more debt wouldn't hurt, right?" her laugh was bitter and jack knew that he had to stop her from attacking the meat any further. it was already dead.

"something has obviously happened at home but why don't you move in with me?" francesca immediately stopped what she was doing and looked at jack as if he had just grown another head.

"are you serious? we can't do that." the brunette girl put down the rolling pin and turned to face jack.

"why not? we might not technically be together but the least i can do for you when you're carrying our child is make sure that you're safe." the brummie boy was determined to win this one. he didn't want her to move out of her parents house and into a scrappy flat with no one around her to help.

"did you not hear me? i'm in debt. there's no way that i could help you with the money side of this house. a mortgage or whatever? i work in a bakery." francesca really appreciated jack's offer, it was generous but she wouldn't be able to take up his offer due to her financial situation. it must be great being a footballer and not having to worry so much about money but then again, they did have their own issues to face.

"you don't have to worry about that. i'll pay the mortgage if you give me free cakes everytime i visit the bakery." jack laughed when he saw the smile growing on francesca's face at his offer.

"that's not a fair bargain and you know it." she tried to protest but she knew that jack was stubborn. many would argue that stubbornness is a bad trait but the trait was what made jack so special.

"nope but i won't let you not take it." the brunette girl sighed, deciding to take jack up on his offer and hugging him tightly.

jack couldn't wait for francesca to move in and have her close to him in case she needed him. he was excited for when the baby came and he would be able to spend all of his time with it.

he wasn't sure how he would be able to handle his feelings for the brunette girl but he knew that he had to. ever since he had told her about his feelings, she hadn't said or done anything that showed him that she liked him back. maybe it was time for him to move on.

a/n: poor fran :( we can't have andrew and louis fighting when we just got fran and jack to stop :(

does anyone have any good netflix show recommendations? i've exhausted pretty much all my options!
if you're looking, here's some: never have i ever (thanks poppy!), control z, élite, on my block.

enjoy and stay safe!

lots of love, e x