twelve

"we can't do this." francesca pushed jack away from her, the feeling of his lips on hers leaving. francesca enjoyed the kiss, she couldn't deny that but she needed time to get her head together and decide if perhaps she did like jack or it was just the pregnancy hormones talking.

"why not?" he challenged, feeling hurt that she didn't seem to like him back. he felt stupid for misreading the situation.

"because we hate each other!" as soon as the words left the smaller girl's mouth, jack tipped his head back in annoyance, letting out a groan.

"for fuck sake, fran! i've never hated you!" the brummie boy exploded and francesca didn't know what to do. she had never seen him like this before.

"that first day we met, in the bakery? i didn't mean to annoy you. i was just trying to get your attention because i thought you were really pretty." he explained and suddenly, francesca felt a huge wave of guilt hit her.

"that night at the party? i was just trying to tease you. it was flirtatious banter but when you made that comment about you getting more girls than me, i realised you wanted to play dirty so i continued to tease you." francesca could barely remember what she had said to him because she was drunk but when she did, she realised that she was the one who started the war, not him. 

"at ben's house, i admit that i made it too personal and i'll always be sorry for that but when you were in the bedroom, shouting at me, i couldn't resist you. i didn't expect it to lead to where it did," as much as francesca tried to forget about that night with jack, it always brought a smile to her face. she remembered how good he made her feel and although he liked it a bit rougher, he was always making sure that she was comfortable.

"the friends with benefits agreement was my stupid way of hoping that you'd get attached and like me in the way that i liked you. i didn't need you for sex and i didn't necessarily always want you for sex but sometimes i just wanted to see your face or hear your voice and talk to you but you hated me." it was only then, when jack finished speaking that francesca realised how awful she had been to him. she always thought that he was trying to be annoying but her dad was right; jack didn't know how to show her how he felt about her.

"i'm sorry. i didn't realise. i should've tried to get to know you before making a judgement." the brunette girl didn't know what else to say. she'd be lying if she said that she never felt butterflies when she was around jack but she always assumed that it was because of the sex.

the brummie boy went to leave the room but before he could, francesca ran in front of him and stood on her tiptoes to press her lips to his. she could feel his soft lips respond to her actions almost immediately and she could feel the slight prickle of his stubble.

"you hungry?" jack asked as soon as they seperated for air, still feeling slightly breathless.

"ooh, you know, i would love a spaghetti sandwich!" the words that fell from francesca's lips took jack by surprise. he was certainly not expecting that response.

"of course you do. come on." he took her hand in his and lead her through to his kitchen which was massive. he knew that pregnancy cravings were weird but a spaghetti sandwich?

"do you ever use your kitchen to actually cook?" the brunette girl asked as jack searched his kitchen for a packet of spaghetti and some bread.

"sometimes. we have meal plans at villa so i'll admit that we do have a chef." the brummie boy continued to talk to the girl, explaining a little bit about what his life as a footballer was like. he placed the spaghetti in the pot and stepped back, sitting next to francesca on the kitchen table.

"tell me about your dads and your family." jack was curious as to what her family was like. he hadn't properly met the two men that were her parents but he had had a few run ins with them at the bakery.

"andrew, the pale one kind of reminds me of you a little bit in the way that he never says the right thing," francesca giggled and jack nudged her side, pretending to be offended by her words.

"he was always really close to his mum and when he came out, she freaked and disowned him but when he adopted me, she apologised and they're trying to patch things up. he's a massive villa fan by the way," the brummie boy smiled at her words, hoping that he would have some sort of advantage and be able to make a good impression on them when they met.

"louis is french. he moved here when he was seventeen after he came out. his family supported him but he wanted to to explore the world. he joined the police force and he actually met my dad when he was taking down a dodgy business owner." francesca recalled the story that her parents had told her about how they met in a gay night club and although he was on official police business, he still managed to get andrew's number.

"and how did you join the picture?" jack hopped off of the kitchen table and went to the pot that was bubbling on the stove to check the spaghetti, realising that it still needed a few more minutes.

"they adopted me not long after they got married. i found out when i went through my moody teenager phase that my mum put me up for adoption because i was an unexpected pregnancy, a bit like ours." she looked down at her stomach, her hands resting on it where her baby was growing.

"we're going to be okay, i'm stepping up and we'll keep this quiet from the media. everything happens for a reason." jack walked back over to her, standing between her legs and taking her hands in his.

francesca felt reassured by his words and leaned into him, capturing his lips in her own.

a/n: this. chapter. is. so. cute 😍

i love jack's confession and i'll admit that francesca was a bit shitty but she's realised her mistakes and she's trying to fix it. nobody's perfect as hannah montana would say.

how's everyone doing with the new lockdown changes (uk)? if you're not from the uk, how's your country doing with lockdown?

enjoy and stay safe!

lots of love, e x