sixteen

the sunlight came creeping into jack's bedroom through a crack in the curtains, illuminating francesca's tanned skin as she slept. his fingers danced across her skin, feeling how soft it was and pressing small kisses into the crook of her neck.

he loved her. he really did. she was perfect in every single way to him. she was almost always smiling and finding new ways to make fun of him. she was vibrant in everything she did and he knew that their child would be lucky to have her as a mother. he couldn't ask for anyone better to be in his life.

"jack, your beard is burning my neck." francesca's morning voice croaked out as jack snickered to himself slightly. she rolled over so that she was facing him and lifted her hand to run through his long and messy hair.

"stop complaining, you know that you love beard burn." his strong arms wrapped themselves tighter around her waist, pulling her in as close to him as her baby bump would allow.

"in between my thighs, not on my neck." jack's mouth hung open at her statement but she was completely unaware, still half asleep.

the couple were getting a lie in since jack had a game late afternoon and francesca's dads had decided to shut the bakery for one day only. things were still very tense between them both and francesca felt guilty, thinking that they were fighting because of her.

jack watched as his girlfriend lay awake in his arms, her mind wandering elsewhere and he sighed, knowing exactly what it was that she was thinking about.

"stop. it's not your fault." he knew that she was blaming herself for the pending divorce that her parents were about to go through and he really wished that she wouldn't.

"one day i stopped off at the bakery, it was closed but i went in because i expected to see you there but when i went in, they were arguing about me. i'm the reason for the divorce." the brummie boy confessed to his girlfriend and she watched him with sadness in her eyes.

"maybe it's neither of our faults. people fall out of love all the time, don't they?" she questioned and when her boyfriend nodded his head at her, she hoped that she would never fall out of love with jack.

***

sitting in the crowd at villa park would be tense for anyone when they were drawing with ten minutes left to play but the tension was unbearable for francesca. jack had had the brilliant idea of inviting both of his girlfriends dads, hoping that they would see that he's a well loved member of the team and that he's good enough for their daughter. they were hoping that they would see eye to eye after the game but so far, nothing was working.

villa had gone one nil down to burnley and had managed to level with thanks to douglas luiz. andrew had cheered the goal, glad that his team were fighting for survival in the premier league and francesca cheered as well, glad to see her boyfriend's team doing well but louis couldn't care less. he had never cared for football. he found it to be a ridiculous sport where men threw themselves to the ground whenever they were touched.

the game was going to injury time and francesca could tell that her boyfriend was getting anxious as he was desperate for a goal.

the home team were awarded a corner kick and as it came swinging in, tyrone mings got his head to it and put the ball into the back of the net.

the entire stadium erupted in cheers, sensing that their goal had most likely won the match and bagged themselves a massive three points. andrew leaped from his seat and wrapped his daughter up in a tight hug, spinning her around. when he put her down, she looked over to her french dad who was sitting and watching them with a smile.

"rejoignez-nous, papa." francesca spoke to him in his native language and laughed when he wrapped his arms around his family, laughing with them at how ridiculous they must have looked but they didn't care because they were happy.

the family of three heard the full time whistle and they made their way down to the tunnel where jack had invited them to meet him after the match.

louis held his husband's hand as the three walked through the aston villa tunnel and francesca could only laugh at her dad who was acting like a total fanboy. he couldn't help it though. this had been his dream ever since he could remember. he used to watch his childhood heroes walk out of this tunnel before every match and now he got to walk through it himself.

"good game." louis nodded his head at aston villa's number ten, noticing him walk towards them. he wasn't a man of many words and often chose to hide his emotion, a skill he picked up in the police force but jack could tell that it was genuine praise.

"glad you enjoyed it." jack smiled at the older man before wrapping his arm around his girlfriend's waist and kissing her cheek softly. 

jack's teammates were slowly dispersing from the stadium, many of them noticing how in love jack was with his new girlfriend. most of them couldn't believe it. they knew that he had gotten someone pregnant and had promised not to tell but everything had happened so quickly for him and yet, he seemed ready to settle down.

john spotted his best friend and approached him, ruffling his hair which earned him a glare. andrew could feel himself freaking out a little at the sight of his favourite player. he had been injured for most of his debut season in the premier league but he was outstanding.

"fran told me that you're my biggest fan." john laughed a little with the palest man standing and they went off into their own conversation with louis eventually joining in.

"my plan seems to have worked." jack smiled down at the brunette girl as they bid their farewells to her parents and walking out of the stadium to return home, hoping that there wouldn't be any paparazzi around anymore.

"i think it did." she gave him a smile and he pecked her lips softly before getting himself into the driver's side of his expensive car and leaving the stadium behind.

a/n: you didn't think that i would let my favourite couple get a divorce, did you?

i'm so glad that everything is falling into place for fran now 🥺

who was your first childhood crush? mine was probably zac efron as troy bolton, closely followed by joe jonas in camp rock.

enjoy and stay safe!

lots of love, e x