fourteen

francesca had completely moved into jack's house. she had her own bedroom but it didn't really matter since they watched a movie every night and they always fell asleep in each other's beds, jack always being the first one up to go to training.

francesca's feelings for the brummie boy were growing stronger and she was going to tell him how she felt about him tonight since they had agreed  to watch all the 'twilight' films back to back after he got home from training and she got back from work at the bakery.

usually the brunette girl loved working at the bakery. it was a place filled with so much love and joy and that was always reflected in the food but lately, it had been tense. andrew and louis were never seeing eye to eye and were always arguing. it was awful for anyone but particularly their daughter who had grown up with hardly any conflict in their home. she thought she would miss living at home but right now, she was glad to be missing out on all of the drama.

the pregnant girl had just finished serving a long line of customers when she saw that jack had entered the bakery and was walking towards her. a big grin was plastered over her face when she saw that he was here. ever since the day that jack had revealed that he didn't hate her, she enjoyed being in his company and loved spending time with him.

"hey, i thought you had training?" francesca asked as she stocked up the fridge with new cheescakes, hoping that the display still looked good.

"yeah, i'm going there now. just thought i'd stop by and see how you're doing before i go." he admitted, looking down at her growing stomach. she was showing now and for some reason, that made jack more concerned about her. he was scared that the media outlets would put two and two together and realise that it's his baby. he wanted to keep her out of magazines and newspapers because he knew that they would say horrible things about her.

"jack, i'm fine. i promise." she gave him a smile and jack could swear that his heart stopped at the sight.

"okay, sorry for being worried!" the brummie boy surrendered, putting his hands up in the air and laughing at the girl in front of him who must be getting fed up with his drop ins all the time.

"oh, before i go," he stopped himself from leaving and watched as francesca's eyebrows raised, waiting for him to continue so that she could get back to working.

"i have a date tonight so maybe don't expect me home, if you know what i mean." he winked at her before leaving the bakery and should he have stayed a few seconds later, he would've seen the look of disappointment that was written all over her face.

"ouch. did you miss your shot?" andrew questioned his daughter as went to wipe down the tables and sweep the floors. it was his least favourite job but he would do anything to get him away from his husband at the moment.

"apparently." she mumbled, wishing that she had acted on her feelings well before now. she was carrying his child and seemingly madly in love with him but now she was going to have to watch some other girl kiss him and have her hands all over him when it should be her.

"if it's meant to be, it will be." the pale man reassured his daughter, kissing her cheek before leaving once he saw louis walk through from the kitchen.

"the kitchen is a disaster and you're not helping, andrew!" louis' french accent called out through the bakery and francesca was glad that they currently didn't have any customers because if they did, they would surely have been scared off by now.

"there's other jobs to be done, louis!" he called back and the brunette girl wished that the ground could swallow her up because she really didn't want to be caught up in another family argument.

"i can't wait for this divorce." louis mumbled under his breath but he was close enough to his daughter for her to hear.

"you're getting divorced?" her two dads looked at each other, wishing that she could've found out in a different way. she couldn't believe it. they had loved each other for so long, how could this be happening?

"i need some air." francesca removed her apron and left in a heap on the floor, rushing out of the bakery as quickly as she possibly could.

it was hard for francesca to understand what was going on, even at twenty three years old. her parents were the textbook example of what a couple in love should be. they always cared for each other, told each other jokes, cleaned up after each other and laughed together. they hardly ever fought and when they did, it was about stupid things like who had used the last of the toilet roll? when everything else in francesca's life changed, whether it be friends or school or boyfriends and girlfriends, she could always rely on the fact that her parents' relationship would remain the same. until now.

now, she felt like she was lost. everything was changing and it was happening too quickly for her liking. she didn't have control of anything. she couldn't control the baby in her stomach, she couldn't control her feelings for jack or who he dated and she certainly couldn't control her parents divorce.

usually there were four people that she could always rely on: andrew, louis, emilia and ben. her parents were out of the running for this one since she didn't want to talk to them and she certainly didn't want to talk to them about their divorce. emilia was also out of the running on this one since she was lying on a beach somewhere exotic and most likely flirting with the life guards. that left ben. ben had been her best friend since she was still in nappies and even when james came along, that didn't change so she pulled her phone out from her pocket and dialled his number, hoping that he would pick up.

a/n: so much happened in this chapter and ugh poor fran deserves so much better :(

10 days until the restart of the premier league! also, my prom was supposed to be tomorrow :( we're getting it rescheduled though, we just don't know when yet.

have you had anything cancelled or rescheduled because of the virus?

stay safe and enjoy!

lots of love, e x