ten

"i'm telling you, i'm not pregnant!" francesca yelled as emilia went to check the results. she was stubborn. she refused to believe that she was going to have a child with jack grealish after all of the condoms that they had gone through. they were expensive and it would have all been for nothing if the test came back positive.

"fran, you need to see this." the blonde girl walked out from the bathroom, her face completely serious as she showed her friend her results.

"no, it's not possible. em, we've been careful!" francesca felt numb. she had always wanted to have a son or a daughter one day but this wasn't how she planned on it happening.

just as the tears started to come, the front door of the house opened and in walked jack. he couldn't have any worse timing if he tried.

"they didn't have chocolate but they had-" jack stopped talking as soon as he saw the brunette girl in tears on the couch.

"i'll leave you two to talk." emilia left the two in the comfort of francesca's living room.

this was a new experience for jack. he had only ever dealt with his mum or his sister crying and he had never seen francesca shed a tear and now, he wasn't sure what to do.

"hey, what's wrong?" he kneeled down in front of her so that he was eye level to her, trying his best to comfort the clearly distressed girl. he didn't know if it was working but it always worked for the guys in the films.

"i'm pregnant." francesca decided that it would be best to rip the bandage off and tell him the truth without beating around the bush.

"so, who's the dad?" jack was now pacing around the room. he knew perfectly well who the dad was but he wanted to hear it from her. he wanted her to confirm his suspicions because he was scared as hell right now.

"are you serious? it's you, you fucking prick!" jack knew that he deserved that, he wasn't reacting in the best way at the moment but this was a massive shock to him.

"but we used protection, how could this happen?" he mumbled to himself as he continued to pace, clearly stressed out by the whole situation.

"there must have been a hole in it or something. turns out condoms aren't entirely reliable." francesca replied, beginning to feel stressed herself as she watched jack continuously pace.

"and you didn't notice that you've missed a period?" finally jack stopped pacing and ran his hands through his gelled hair instead, turning to look at the stressed out girl on the couch. he gave her a sympathetic look, knowing exactly how scared she was.

"no. my periods are irregular anyway. i normally only get six out of a calendar year." the brummie boy stopped to think for a moment. this was a complex and delicate situation. he wanted to be in his child's life but he had to find a way to do that and protect francesca from the press.

"okay." he spoke, looking at the girl who was sitting in front of him.

"okay?" she questioned, unsure as to what that actually meant.

"okay. we'll do this together. i'm not letting you be a single mum. we've got this." his feet walked towards the pregnant woman and he wrapped her up in his arms, not wanting to let go.

"thank you. you're quite nice when you're not trying to be a dick." she sighed in his embrace and jack let out a laugh, knowing that she was right.

"only for you." he kissed the top of her head, thinking about what the next nine months would bring for them both.

***
the few days after finding out about francesca's pregnancy, jack refused to leave her side. as much as she appreciated it, she missed doing things for herself. the only times he left her alone was when he went to go to training but now that her parents were back from their trip, jack was forced to stay away.

"how was your trip?" francesca asked her dads as she helped them unpack their things in their bedroom.

"it was beautiful. you would have loved it, honey. if only you had someone to go on a romantic trip with..." andrew sighed at the thought and francesca had to swallow a lump in her throat, thinking that she probably wouldn't be able to go on a romantic trip until she was at least fifty.

"did we miss out on anything exciting?" louis asked as he placed his mini eiffel tower on his bedside table beside his mini french flag.

"nope. the bakery is fine. emilia looked after it for a few days because i came down with a bug." she admitted, only telling them half the truth. her parents gave each other a knowing look before pulling out the pregnancy sticks that they had found in the bin in the kitchen.

"sickness bug called a baby." the two dads spoke and francesca couldn't read their expressions. she was mortified.

"i'm sorry." she sobbed and andrew was immediately by his daughter's side, trying to console her with one of his world famous hugs.

"you don't need to be sorry. you're twenty three, it's your life to live however you want it." louis spoke gently over his daughter's sobs. he felt sorry for her. it was clearly something that she hadn't planned but sometimes the best gifts in life were the surprises.

francesca filled her dads in on everything that had happened over the last few months, including her arrangement with jack despite how embarrassing it was for her.

"i understand if you want to kick me out-" she started but was interrupted with louis speaking french.

"absurdité." he was slightly hurt that she thought so little of them but then again, she wasn't really thinking at the moment.

"we could never do that to you. we were kicked out for being gay, we don't want you to go through that. we're here to support you, that's what parents are for." andrew laughed at how silly his daughter was being, rubbing her back as the three of them sat on the bedroom floor.

"tell me, did you use condoms?" louis questioned, hoping that his daughter wasn't an idiot.

"i'm stupid some of the time, not all of the time." francesca retaliated and her dads laughed at her response. of course she was responsible, she had always been.

"if he doesn't step up like a proper homme, i'll kick his ass!" the trio laughed at louis' words because although they sounded utterly ridiculous, they knew that they were true and jack should be scared of the man.

"we love you, étoile. don't you ever forget that."

a/n: the big reveal! i love how caring jack is trying to be because let's be real, he's whipped. i also adore the little scene with her dads 😍

how do we feel about this pregnancy?

also, shameless self promo here but i'm uploading the first proper chapter of my other jack grealish fanfic called 'only you' tomorrow so if you're having withdrawals from seeing him on your screen, be sure to check it out!

enjoy and stay safe!

lots of love, e x