two

a few weeks had passed since the day where francesca witnessed her best friend fangirl over a footballer. the brunette girl hoped that she would never have to witness that again if he became a regular.

as francesca was locking up the till, she heard the bell above the door ring, telling her that someone had walked in.

"sorry, we're closed." the brunette girl didn't look up from what she was doing until she heard a familiar voice.

"i know but you always make an exception for me." when francesca looked up, she saw a face that she hadn't seen for months.

the girl abandoned what she was doing and ran round the side of the counter and into his arms.

"i've missed you, chilly." she heard the laughs from ben chilwell's chest and felt his arms squeeze her tightly.

"what are you doing in birmingham?" francesca continued the conversation as she finished up packing everything away.

"we've got a game in a few days at villa park, i thought your dad would have told you." ben informed the significantly shorter girl as he remembered how much andrew loved aston villa since it was his mother's club. andrew was also a big fan of ben since he had known him since he was a baby and the game could be a conflict of interest for him.

"fran, honey, have you finished?" andrew's voice could be heard from the kitchen as he called through to his daughter.

"yeah but you need to come see this!" the brunette girl forgot to tell her dad that it was notning serious so he came sprinting through and when he saw ben, he breathed a sigh of relief.

"it's only ben." he panted, doubling over since cardio was not his strong suit.

"holy shit, it's only ben!" andrew shouted, catching his daughter off-guard and he ran to ben, wrapping him up in a hug.

"louis, darling! come and see this!" andrew's pale arms remained around the tall boy's neck and francesca couldn't help but giggle at him, earning her a glare from him.

"oh ma bonté gracieuse! ben!" louis was also fond of the defender but he wasn't as close to him as his husband was for andrew had known the chilwell family long before the couple had met and decided to adopt francesca.

the family of three sat ben down at one of their tables, offering him a free pastry which he politely declined as they caught up with him.

"why did you come here?" louis asked, eyeing the boy up because he knew that he didn't come to talk to his favourite gay couple.

"actually, i came to ask you if you wanted to come with me to a party tonight?" ben was confident with his question, knowing that he had the trust of both of her fathers. despite being twenty three years of age, francesca moved back in with her parents after university finished so that she could work at the bakery and try and find her feet before she found out how scary the world could actually be on her own.

"go, you've worked hard today. we'll finish tidying up and we'll see you tomorrow." andrew jumped in to tell his daughter before louis started to question the boy's motives and asking too many questions.

"thank you!" the brunette girl jumped from her seat and ran to hang her apron up before hugging both of her dads tightly.

"remember, any boys try any funny business, they have me to answer to." louis whispered into his daughter's ear, his french accent strong as he tried to be intimidating.

francesca simply nodded her head at her father, knowing that he was being completely serious since he worked in the police for many years before opening up a bakery with his husband.

"let's go, frankie." ben smirked at his smaller friend as he watched her glare at him, knowing that she hated that nickname.

"stop! you know that i prefer fran because it's more elegant." francesca pouted as she followed ben to his expensive car and all the brunette boy could do was laugh.

"frankie, there is nothing elegant about you." he teased, driving away from the bakery and straight to the location of the party.

francesca knew for a fact that she would be underdressed when she got there and she started to feel self conscious. she had been working all day in a pair of mom jeans and a crop top. she had traces of flour in her hair and her makeup was surely slipping off her face.

"fran, stop stressing about your appearance. you always look great and the people there will be too drunk to care about what you look like." ben tried to reassure his friend, sensing how nervous she was becoming from the way that she ran her fingers through her hair and checked her makeup in her phone camera.

"you're right. i need to learn to just not give a fuck." she sighed and ben laughed quietly to himself.

francesca was your classic golden girl. she had never broken a rule in her life. in her book, rules were not made to be broken. her whole life had been spent trying to be the best version of herself and pleasing her dads even though they would be proud of her whatever she did. she didn't have a reckless bone in her body which only made what she said ironic.

"whatever you say, frankie." ben kept his eyes on the road, smirking at his friend, knowing that she was glaring at him.

the rest of the journey was spent with the soft hums coming from the radio and francesca.

a/n: how could i write a football story without adding chilly and madders?

i can't wait for you guys to see the next chapter!

sorry we're a little bit late today. i've been helping my mum deliver facemasks that my gran had been making but it's here now!

how's your day been?

enjoy and stay safe!

lots of love, e x