...

That was a good day.

"You know, I was never told the story on how you and Ashton met..." I draw out, not missing Julie's nervous look as she begins to push the cart to head towards the next item on the list...

Icecream.

"Heh... funny you should say that actually." She mumbles, but I could clearly tell how much she was trying avoid the question.

"What? Did something bad happen that you are so embarrassed to tell?!" I tease her, but the look on her face already gives me the answer.

"M-... Maybe." She stutters, while looking anywhere but me.

"Oh I've got to know now." I nudge her while she groans.

"Do I have to? It's embarrassing..." she mutters the last part under her breath as I nod my head excitedly.

"Please!!! I'm actually really curious. Ashton never gave any girl the time of day, so I've always wondered how you guys came to be." I say pleadingly, while she sighs.

"Well..." she starts to say, but before she could continue, the sound of a phone goes off.

"Saved..." I catch Julie words as she pulls out her phone, smiling at the name on the screen.

"Sorry can you give me a second?" Julie asks.

I give her a quick nod before she swipes to answer, holding it up to her ear.

"Samantha! How are you?" She asks the person on the phone.

The person, who I now assume is Samantha, begins to reply back, but I couldn't exactly make out her words.

"Her first word?! Are you serious!!! I missed my own goddaughters first word?!! What was it??!" Julie asks Samantha on the phone excitedly.

She says something that causes Julie to erupt in a fit of laughter.

"Her first word was FOOD?! She most definitely is my goddaughter."

The exchange a few more words before Julie says that she's got to go but will talk to her later.

"Okay, bye!!" Julie says, hanging up before looking at me.

"Sorry about that." She gives me a soft smile as I wave my hand dismissively.

"Don't worry about it, but that girl you were talking to, why does that name sound so familiar?" I ask.

Julie chews on her bottom lip for a second, carefully thinking over her words before answering, "I think you might know, but do you remember that big thing that went down with Luke and all the boys about a year ago?"

Thinking back, I do recall there being this big fight between them.

I mean, basically anything that happened with that friend group was pretty well known.

Yes, they were literally that popular.

"I actually do remember a little bit. Was she the girl that was part of it?" I recall Luke having some girlfriend around that time that had something to do with the fight.