12

T.W.: mild bullying

"Bye Patt, have a good day at school." Logan said as he dropped off his brother for the first day of 6th grade.

"I will! Thanks Lo!" Patton giggled as he jumped out, his pastel blue skirt fluttering in the slight breeze.

"You know where you're going?" Logan asked.

"Yep!" Patton nodded, "bye Lo!"

Logan smiled, "bye Patt."

Patton waved as his brother drove off. He was so excited!

Someone bumped into him, knocking him to the ground, "Watch where you're going stupid!"

Patton looked up to see Mitchell standing over him.

"Why are you even wearing a skirt? Those are for girls!" Mitchell yelled.

"Gender is overrated!" Patton yelled back, standing up.

"You're overrated!" Mitchell said, pushing Patton again.

"Mitchell!" Emile said, walking up to the boys, "my office! Now!"

Mitchell stuck his tongue out at Patton before stomping off.

"Sorry about him kiddo." Emile sighed.

"Its okay Emi." Patton smiled, "I can handle some silly bullies!"

"Okay." Emile chuckled, "just tell me if anyone else starts bullying you or anyone else."

"I know Emi." Patton giggled, "I gotta find my class now."

"Okay, see you later kiddo!" Emile smiled.

Patton skipped into school. He had a feeling today was gonna be great!

~~~time skip ~~~

Patton was sketching in his sketchbook when he heard someone yelling. He looked around to see Mitchell standing over a kid who was laying on the ground.

Patton huffed and tucked his sketchbook under his arm, marching over to the two.

"Hey! Leave them alone!" Patton yelled, standing in front of the kid.

"Yeah? Who's gonna stop me!?" Mitchell pushed Patton.

"I-I'll get Dr. Picani!" Patton said, sitting up.

"So you're gonna be a tattle tale!?" Mitchell stomped on Patton's skirt, tearing it, "that's just what I'd expect from a stupid little boy in a stupid little skirt!"

"Mitchell!" Emile sighed, walking over, "that's enough! Meet me in my office. I'm calling your parents this time."

Mitchell pouted and stormed off to Emile's office again.

"Are you two okay?" Emile asked.

The two kids nodded.

"Okay." Emile smiled, "I'm gonna go deal with Mitchell. If either of you are hurt you should go to the nurse okay?"

The kids nodded again. Emile waved them goodbye and went to deal with the troublesome boy.

Patton sighed and got up, examining the rip in his skirt. He was glad he decided to wear shorts under it.

"Are you okay?" Patton asked, turning to the kid on the ground.

The kid wore a black and white striped shirt and a black skirt, "yeah, I'm okay."

"I'm Patton!" The boy stuck out his hand to help the other up, "what's your name?"

"I'm Elliott." They said, taking Patton's hand.

"That's a nice name!" Patton giggled, "do you have specific pronouns?"

Elliott looked shocked, "um, yeah. I'm they, them."

"I use he, him!" Patton smiled.

"How do you know about pronouns?" Elliott asked, fidgeting with the hem of their skirt, "most kids dont."

"I have a brother who's trans." Patton explained.

"Oh, okay." Elliott said.

Patton picked up his sketchbook and rocked back on his heels, "do you wanna draw with me?"

Elliott smiled for the first time during the whole ordeal, "sure!"