6

T.W.: kidnapping

"Ro! Stop!" Dee cried as his older brother splashed him.

"Come on Dee! Its fun!" Roman laughed, sending another wave of water over Dee.

"Ro-!" Dee cut himself off by coughing up water that had gone up his nose.

"Roman!" Patton scolded, hugging Dee.

Roman felt guilty, "I-its just a little water."

"Ro, you're so much bigger than us." Patton tried to explain, "that was just too much."

"B-but I was just playing around..." Roman sighed.

"But I asked you to stop but you didnt!" Dee cried, "that's something Remus would do!"

"I-I..." Roman sighed and looked at Patton.

Patton just shook his head.

"Fine!" Roman yelled, "I'll just leave!"

Roman huffed and marched out of the water. He wasnt like Remus. It was just a joke...

Roman was halfway to the cabin when he heard a scream.

"What the..?" Roman whispered, then it hit him, "PATTON! DEE!"

Roman sprinted back to the lake, only to find no one there.

"No no no no no!" Roman panicked, "Patton! Dee!"

Roman was about to run back to the cabin when something rustled in the trees. The boy was tensed and ready to run if he needed.

"Roman!" Patton jumped out of the foliage and ran to his brother.

"Patton! What happened?" Roman asked, hugging the boy.

"They got Dee!" Patton sobbed.

"Who? Who got Dee?" Roman said.

"The people we were warned about!" Patton tucked is face in Roman's chest.

Roman's eyes went wide, "okay, okay. Let's get back to the cabin and tell everyone so we can all start searching for Dee."

Patton nodded. Roman picked him up on his back and started running toward the cabin.

"Woah, what happened to you two?" Remy asked, sipping his coffee and looking at his phone.

"Dee's missing!" Roman gasped out, letting Patton slip off his back.

"What." Remy got dead serious.

"These people came and they grabbed me and Dee and they tried to take us but I got away but they still have Dee!" Patton explained, holding back tears.

"Oh shit. Okay, um," Remy sighed, "lets go find Thomas and Augustus and everyone else. We have to stick together right now. Cant risk another one being taken."

Roman and Patton nodded. Remy guided the two boys inside. Why was life so hard for them? What did they do to deserve this life?

Remy sighed. Hopefully it will work out in the end. Remys mind drifted to the rings he was looking at. He glared at the ground. Everything better work out in the end.