Hoping For Amnesia [6]

Chapter 6

When I was inside the safety of my room, I leaned against the door and sunk down. I smiled to myself. I haven't even been here a day and I already have enemies? I laughed. But hey, I also had friends. I guess making enemies on the first day shouldn't be too surprising. Back in Houston, I was known as the girl you shouldn't cross, therefore I only had one friend. That's a topic for another day though.

I flopped onto my bed and dug in my suitcase for my iPod. I had gotten the fifth generation of the iTouch as a going away present. Sam had gotten the same thing. I put my iPod on shuffle and Raise Your Glass by P!nk came on. I relaxed on my bed and decided to play some games. I was playing Traffic Rush when the door opened. In walked Kaden looking amused. I pretended I hadnt noticed him and kept playing my game.

I saw his lips moving but I couldn't hear him. He looked at me, probably waiting for an answer. I made a can't hear you sign with my hands and kept listening to my music. Cooler than Me by Mike Posner was on now. Next thing I knew, Kaden was pulling out one of my headphones smirking.

"What?" I snapped.

"I said, that was interesting with you and Hayley at lunch today."

"Uh huh." I took out my other headphone.

He flopped onto his bed and pulled out his iPod.

"She's, like, obsessed with you man. You should probably handle that." I continued.

"Yeah I know, she's been like that since we were freshmen."

"Just date her and put everyone out of their misery." His laugh was the last thing I heard before I put in my headphones again.

About two hours later, a knock came at the door. I got up and passed Kaden who was staring at the ceiling to answer the door. I was surprised when I saw Noah leaning against the wall.

"Um hey?" I said surprised.

"Hello to you to." He said teasingly. I blushed. I really had to stop doing that!

"Sorry, I was just surprised to see you that's all."

"S'okay. Well let's go."

"Go where?"

"I promised that I would be your tour guide through the school, remember?"

I remembered at lunch that we had talked about that.

"Oh yeah. I'll just grab some stuff. Be right back." I closed the door gently and scrambled to get my shoes on then my sweater.

"Who was that?" Kaden asked.

"Noah."

"Noah Sparks?" A flash of disaaproval came across his face. What was his problem with Noah?

"I guess?"

"Bye."

"Later."

I walked out to see Noah waiting for me.

"Hey." I walked beside him.

"Hey."

"So where to first?"

"It's a surprise."

"Ughhhh."

"What's wrong with surprises?" He asked.

"I hate them."

"Why?" He fake gasped.

"Because I can't control what happens."

It was a surprise when Sam broke his ankle at my surprise birthday party. It was a surprise when my parents got us going away gifts. They shouldn't have wasted their money. It was a surprise when Shane didn't answer any of my calls.

"Well when I'm done with you, you'll love surprises."

"We'll see."

Good luck with that.