||32||

"We'll leave at half seven next Monday," Tetsuro told me as we packed our books away.

"You'll have to come pick me up from the pool," I replied, "I have training then."

"That'll be fine," he nodded, "we'll come and get you then."

"Alright," I nodded, "I am actually looking forward to this. It's been a while since I've done anything like this."

He smiled and nodded.

"I can't wait to show you how awesome I am," he threw his fist forward, I just chuckled and bumped mine against his before slinging my bag over my shoulder.

"Well I'll be going to the club now," I waved, "see you tomorrow."

"Bye," he nodded as we walked in opposite directions.

°🌊°
Monday_
Training camp morning_

"Come on! Push yourself, y/n!" Tenchi shouted at me as I swam.

I am. Jeez--

"Push yourself, y/n! Use all of your energy!" he shouted, "keep your energy stored and let it out gradually! Push yourself past your limits!"

Kuroo's PoV

"Alright, this is the place," coach Naoi announced as he stopped driving the bus and parked out front of a multi sport facility.

"Alright, I'll go get her," I said, standing up, everyone else stood up as well.

"We'll go to!" someone shouted.

I gave them a slightly annoyed look but knew they weren't going to not come no matter what I said.

We filed off the bus and walked through the empty building and to the swimming pool.

"Go on, y/n!" a voice shouted, "speed up at the rotation! Use the wall as an extra boost!"

We looked out to see a pink haired man stood at the bottom end of the pool while y/n was in the pool speeding across the surface faster than I thought was even possible.

"Holy crap-- she's so fast!" Yamamoto exclaimed as she reached where the man was stood and threw herself up out of the water, gasping deeply.

"How... did I do this time?" y/n asked.

"Thirty lengths in under seven minutes," the man replied, "you're getting better."

"Thirty?" Kenma repeated from beside me.

"I think that if I continue at this pace, I'll be at your speed that you were at all those years ago," y/n said.

"I think it'll be another month or so," the man told her before reaching down, "now, remember to stretch properly. If you don't you'll hurt yourself and kiss your future in swimming goodbye."

"Right," y/n nodded before looking over to see us, "ah-- I'll be with you guys in a bit."

"Don't worry, take your time," I smiled.

She nodded and turned around, going to the side and grabbing a towel. 

She's really toned... you can tell she's worked hard through her life.

"Wow~ our captain must be totally whipped to have his attention totally glued to y/n~" Yaku cooed from behind me.

I snapped out of my trance and looked away, my ears burning.

"S-shut up!" I shouted before walking out of the poolside and back to the entry, the rest of the team following close behind, all of them teasing me, except Kenma who had his nose deep into his game.

It was five minutes of teasing later that y/n and the pink haired man walked out, talking happily together.

What's this I'm feeling? Jealousy? There's nothing to be jealous about, Tetsuro, he's just her coach. There's nothing more there.

"See you when I get back," y/n waved at the man.

"Yeah. Remember, if you're going to continue swimming even at that training camp, don't push yourself. Just do the basics," the man told her, "wouldn't want you to get hurt before nationals."

"Right," y/n nodded before the man left the building and y/n joined us, a smile on her face, "shall we go?"

I took her bags off her shoulder and walked with her out of the building with the team trailing behind.

"You're really fast," I commented, "I feel like you were holding back in the joint pe lesson."

"That's because I was," y/n smiled, "Don't want to freak my girls out just yet. You guys are the only ones who've seen me at my top speed other than Tenchi so far."

"Tenchi?" I repeated, raising a brow at her as I put her bag in the storage compartment on the bus before we climbed on, the rest of the team were already on.

"My coach," she replied, "you know, the pink haired guy from earlier."

"Right..." I nodded as I slipped into a seat, she took the one next to me and stretched out.

"Sorry, you'll have to deal with the smell of chlorine for a while," she looked at me apologetically.

"It's fine," I shook my head, "it's better than a room of sweaty boys, right?"

"You're not wrong," she chuckled to herself before pulling out earphones and plugging them into her phone, "I don't do too well with long distance journeys so sorry for being antisocial."

"Don't worry about it," I nodded before looking to coach Nekomata, "we're ready to go now."

"Alright! We'll be on the bus for an hour and a half so get yourselves comfortable," coach Nekomata announced before coach Naoi began driving again.

°🌊°
20 minutes later_

I tore my gaze away from my phone as I noticed y/n's head bobbing forward slightly.

"Y/n?" I whispered, leaning forward to see her sleeping, sighing, I gently put my hand on the other side of her head and carefully pulled it onto my shoulder.

She looks...really peaceful... Swimming so hard this morning must've worn her out.

Though... I can't deny that she's really cute.

A stray strand of h/c dropped into her face, I brushed it back, she moved as my fingers brushed her forehead slightly. Startled, I pulled my hand away and stared at her for a few moments. She didn't wake up.

Yeah. She's really cute.

"Why don't you take a photo? It'll last longer," Yaku whispered from his seat behind me.

"Shut up-!" I hissed quietly, directing my gaze out the window.

A couple minutes passed and I glanced down at my phone.

One photo won't harm, right?

I turned my camera on and directed it at y/n's sleeping form, quickly taking a photo and retracting my phone again. I smiled down at it before clicking off the app and looking at the background, it was the photo I took at the swimming competition when y/n had all her medals on.

Man-- I'm really falling hard for her, huh?