||1||

3 years later_

"Morning, y/n!" my vice captain of the swim club, Mako Natsuya, greeted me as I reached the end of the pool, her hand was stretched out for me to take. I smiled and took it and pulled myself out the pool.

"Morning, Mako, how're you?" I asked her, she smiled.

"I'm A-Ok!" she replied energetically, "though I slept in this morning so I won't be able to swim until lunch."

"Don't think I could've dealt with that," I laughed.

"You're like a fish out of the water," she frowned, "but a dolphin in it. You're so elegant."

"Oh shush," I shook my head as I grabbed my towel and dried myself down, "anyway we have gym first thing this morning, right?"

"Yes," Mako nodded as we walked to the changing room, "it sucks, man. I wish I didn't have to play baseball. Come on! I'm a swimmer! Let me swim!"

I laughed before turning and getting changed into my uniform again.

"Just wait until lunch time," I poked her side before grabbing my school bag, "come on, we have to get to homeroom."

"Right right," she nodded before catching up to me, "regionals start soon, right?"

"Yes!" I exclaimed, allowing my excitement to take over, "I can't wait!"

"Jeez--" Mako put her hands up in defense, "you better keep training. Watch out, I'm creeping up on your backstroke time."

"Oh really?" I asked, dragging out my question, "you should focus on your butterfly. Your form is crying."

"What do you mea--?" she started, staring at me in horror before being cut off by someone.

"Hey, you!" some buzz cut guy with a weird strip of blonde hair going down the centre of his head shouted at me.

"Uh-- hello?" I nodded to him. Looking past him to see there were quite a few boys with him.

"Become the boys volleyball team manager!" he demanded.

"Sure," I smiled innocently.

"What? Really?" he asked, leaning forward in surprise before quickly pulling away as my smile turned from innocent to annoyed.

"No," I said bluntly, "do I look like a manager to you?"

"Yeah, can't you tell by her build that she's in a sport of her own, Yamamoto?" Mako leaned forward to look past me.

"Her build?" the Yamamoto guy looked at me up and down, let's say I felt really uncomfortable for someone to do such a thing.

"I swim, dumbass," I informed him, getting slightly annoyed, "who even are you? I've never seen you in my life."

"What?! I'm Taketora Yamamoto, the ace and outside wing spiker of Nekoma High's starting line up for the boys volleyball-- hey-! Where are you going?!" the kid shouted after me, I got bored listening to them so I started walking away.

"You're boring me, mohawk," I shrugged him off, "come on, Mako, we'll be late for homeroom. Don't want Miss Yamase getting mad at us again."

"Totally," Mako laughed before looking to mohawk guy, "sorry, she's not one to get really invested with things that's not swimming. See you later, Yamamoto and the rest of the volleyball team."

"Mako, come on!" I called her, "You're lagging behind."

"See you," she waved to the boys before jogging up to me, "so for regionals you're going to be entering for back and free, right?"