||50||

2nd January_
Tokyo Airport_
3am_

"Y/n!" a sudden shout caught me just as I finished passing my bags over to the airport staff.

"Tetsuro?" I stared at the black haired male jogging towards me, his hair looked more bed headed than usual, "What're you doing here? It's three o'clock, dummy."

"I know it's three o'clock. My dad knows too," Tetsuro let out a small chuckle as he reached me, "I wanted to come see you before you left. I know we have planned to video chat but I wanted to see you in person before you left."

"So... what time did you wake up?" I asked.

"What time did you wake up?" he shot back.

"I didn't sleep," I shrugged, "thought I'd get some on the plane since its a nine hour and a bit flight to Sydney."

"You're returning home for the first time in a while," he commented, "you must be excited."

"Eh... I'm actually really surprised to say I'm apprehensive to leave Tokyo," I replied honestly, "I want to go back to kick my old team in the ass but at the same time I'm worried I'll never want to return to Tokyo."

"Please do come back," Tetsuro frantically exclaimed, "don't have too much fun, ok?"

"I won't," I smiled before noticing Tenchi tapping his watch, "I have to go. The team and that impatient coach of mine who has somehow become Nekoma's swimming coach over the winter break are waiting."

Tetsuro glanced back and huffed.

"You really have to go?" he asked, I nodded.

"Our flight is in half an hour and some of the team go here late so we're moving slower than we wanted to be," I told him, "sorry. I would've given you a heads up had I known you were coming."

"It's my fault," he replied, "I should've warned you. Well have a safe flight."

"I will and you get home safe too," I nodded to him before giving him a quick kiss on the cheek, "I'll call you tomorrow."

I tried to walk away but he pulled me back quickly and kissed me properly.

"I'll be waiting for your call," he told me.

Quickly, I turned and walked away as I felt my face heating up.

"My, my, making all us single ladies feel jelly," Mako teased as I reached her, Rayla, Kyoka, Ino, Haruka, and Tenchi. Oh and the first year maths teacher for some odd reason? I guess she was just coming with as a female teacher since it did probably look weird sending four third year girls, one second year, and one first year girl to another country with just a male coach.

"Please," I glared at her, "stop."

"If you're quite finished," Tenchi spoke up, "we have a plane to rush to or did you ladies forget we have a 3:30am flight?"

"No, sir," everyone muttered.

Tenchi raised his brow.

"Coach," we all corrected.

After that, we rushed through the airport and the gate before reaching the plane. We boarded and then took flight.

"Here's the list of races we are competing in," I passed Tenchi the sheet since somehow we ended up on the same row with an empty seat between us.

Unfortunately only six of us managed to qualify for Australia. That was me, Mako, Rayla, Kyoka Heiro (the only other third year), Ino Fukuoka (a second year) and Haruka.